The Griffonstone Crisis Master Thread

So, a new storyline, not event-related, has emerged on the boards, and I decided to set up a thread to collate and coordinate it!

The tl;dr is that one Ridge Dragon has scouted Griffonstone, and found it contained a fairly abundant vein of profitably minable minerals, and like any dragon, seeks to use it to increase his hoard.  In this, he has come into conflict with Norton Breakbeak, a questionably sane 'Emperor' of Griffonstone that seeks to restore the ruined city using said wealth.  While Ridge's ends are not the noblest, it's not unfair to say that Norton's methods aren't much better, essentially putting a wax royal seal on what you could call banditry.

The thread where it really emerged can be found here. (Now Concluded)

I'll be updating this post with thread topics as they emerge, and we can coordinate further developments here or on Discord.  Looking forward to how everypony reacts, gets involved, and seeks to escalate/de-escalate the situation!

Threads:

Traveling Expenses are *sigh* Included - Ridge is hiring!  Help to secure his mine, and 'remove obstacles to operations.'

An Open Letter to Open-Minded Equestrians - Norton Breakbeak explains his actions to the Equestrian General public through the Press; more meant for one-post reactions than ongoing narrative.

A Compass Rose Always Points North - An airship captain has a meeting with the Emperor

• Aubergine 2

It's unlikely things are going to get bigger then Griffonstone but... well, you never know. History turns on small things. After all, WW1 started because of an independence dispute.