A Day On The Lake [Closed] (Saddle Lake)

Aisede

340?cb=20150427090614

It was a surprisingly pleasant day for a swim, and even better for a day on the lake. The waters were calm, clear, and cool to the touch- not oppressively so, either. It was just right.

This is how two ponies found themselves, bobbing on a clumsy little craft. Rose did her best to keep it steady when it decided to be unruly, and it hadn't thrown them into the drink yet, so clearly they were doing something right. "So," Rose said as she steadied the vessel, relinquishing it from her aura so they could float easy. "Have you ever been on the water?"

Unlike any other time, where the alchemist was laden down with an excessive amount of equipment and just a touch of scientific madness, all she opted to bring with her on this trip were two milky grey flasks, shimmering with chromatic light where the sun touched them. 

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe found herself to be at peace whenever she was with Rose. This had been a more and more common thing recently, to the point to where she might as well have been living with Rose at this point. She spent more time at Rose's than she did her own home. The only place she really stayed longer was the spa, which, she really needed to make good on her offer and let Rose help her out. But she always keeps forgetting about it when she's there due to other things... and by morning time she'd forgotten all about until she's about ready to go to the spa to start the day. She didn't feel right throwing Rose to the wolves after as amazing as she'd been and waking her up to immediately start in the spa with no warning prior to would be exactly that.

As it was now, Aloe was still most definitely with her Rosie, but they weren't at home... either of them. Nope, for the first time in her life she was out on a boat! She had to admit that it was a bit nerve wracking at first when they left the shore, but it was still Saddle Lake. While she herself didn't get time to come out here, she knew many ponies came out here all the time and were perfectly fine. Plus the fact that there weren't any big mean things in the water here that could eat them. All that was in this lake was fishies! When she heard Rose ask if she'd ever been on the water before, Aloe shook her head. "No, not at all. In fact, this is actually my first time being to the lake in general," she said as they lay in the sun. Of course that did remind here. "Oh, before we sit out here for too long and forget about it," she said pulling out a small vial and pouring the creamy liquid onto her coat before rubbing it in and tossing Rose one as well. "Some special sunblock that I made, using Aloe and Eucalyptus. I found it works better than most store bought sun blocks," she smiled. 

• Hearthoof 1

Rose easily caught it in her aura, turning it around to study it with a curious look. "Fitting. Did you use the new socks I gave you?" She asked, as a glob of the stuff squirted out into a floating orb of viscous fluid that dispersed itself all over her body.

A few dollops of the substance split off and flew towards Aloe's ears, dancing at the very tippity tips like playful sprites before- very carefully- soaking into the sensitive skin there. "I still need to collect more data on them to make improvements to the design." She smiled, then, and took another glob of sunscreen in her hoof this time.

It wasn't a waste. She'd used the most efficient amount possible to cover key areas of her body, and she suspected Aloe would do the same- but earth ponies have trouble reaching their back, so Rose thought she'd offer her... Assistance. 

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe nodded when Rose asked her if she used the socks that she had given her for it. "I did! Although I'm still trying to figure out what it's actually enhancing. Right now the only thing that I notice is that it glows a bit. Outside of that it didn't feel any different when I put it on," she said shivering a bit when she felt Rose use her magic to put the sun block on the sensitive parts of her ears. That was of course after they looked like a pair of sprites playing in the wind. she couldn't help but giggle.

When she said that she would have to collect more data so that she could make more improvements to them, Aloe nodded. "You should have said something sooner I would have invited you to watch me making the sunblock. I made it this morning before you woke up," she said with a smile before she felt Rose's hoof on her back with another good bit of the block. "Oh, thank you. I have a hard time reaching the center of my back reliably, they make spreaders to help with that but I didn't think far enough ahead this morning to pack one," she said before relaxing back.

"That being said, it is quite the lovely day out today. We certainly picked a perfect day to be out on the lake. The temperature is perfect out, and there's not a cloud to be found. This day reminds me a lot of you," she said with a smile before going into a bit of her cheekiness. "It's perfect in every way," she giggled a bit waiting to see Rose's reaction. She knew that she couldn't tease her too much though. Despite being in the middle of a lake, they were still in public. Other ponies might frown if they got too carried away.

• Surprised 1

It pleased Rose immensely to hear that she was using the socks- and that she appreciates the gesture. Any excuse to- *ahem.* She focused on spreading the goo out evenly across her back, listening intently to the rest of what she said while throwing in a little massage practice for good measure.

Her hooves froze, however, when Aloe delivered one particular line: 'perfect in every way.'

"... " Rose's ears flicked back, and her breathing became a little less steady as she tried- and failed- to process the feelings those words evoked. Perfect? Her? Yes, she's trying to be better than her past self, but that doesn't change the fact that all of the blood that mare spilt is still on her hooves. Countless lives lost to the mad machinations of a mare who had nothing left to lose, and the will to reach past the boundaries for something she can never touch again.

a light tremble rose in her limbs as she slowly retracted her hooves, swallowing thickly as she attempted to formulated a response without sounding choked up. "Aloe..."

The machines. The tests. Souls and sirens, liches, death, death, death-

The boat rocked as Rose forcefully reigned in her runaway thoughts, releasing them through a long and steady breath before she continued with a slightly more somber note. "I'm no perfect pony, Aloe. I can try to be one, but I can never be one." Maybe... Their goals can be perfect, though. Ubmelished. Unsoiled. They will be so much more, and so much better than she ever was. She'll make sure of it. 

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe felt the pause and she looked at Rosie to see her reaction and what she saw... She knew that Rosie had a difficult past growing up and that there were things that she didn't completely understand herself, but the mare in front of her was her everything and no matter what anypony else thought, she was her perfect pony. However, it was clear that what she said had awakened some long hurt from a past that was a very long time ago. When she heard her say her name, chocking up a bit and then adding that she wasn't perfect, Aloe shook her head.

"Rosie, look at me," she said pausing before she said it again. "Look at me. I'm not going to pretend that I know the pain that you're going through with whatever happened in the past. But what I can tell you, is that all the bad that happened doesn't matter. You're in a place that's far above that now. Far above anypony else being able to judge you for something they might not have even been alive to witness. Right now, at this very minute, you are currently the single most important pony in my life, and the only pony that's truly made me happy in years. I don't give a buck what anyone else thinks or what anypony else might have done to you to make you think otherwise, but right now, at this very moment, you are my perfect pony. And when I say perfect in every way, I mean perfect in every way. I don't know what ever hurt you this bad, but I swear on my life I'll never let that happen to you again so as long as I breath," Aloe told her, her heart boiling over into her words.

• Hearthoof 1

Oh, the mare that's judging is alive and well, but... Maybe... It doesn't matter so much after all? She's trying to be different. No, she is different. She may be cut from the same cloth, but she's inked herself a different shade. 

Hearing those impassioned words come from this pony... She could feel the edges of her eyes burning with tears. It was all she could do to embrace her, quietly sobbing into her coat while murmuring 'thank you' as much as she could.

She didn't deserve a mare as loving and forgiving as Aloe, but here she was. She was hers... And Rose was Aloe's. An inseperable union.

Even the boat seemed to join in, rocking side to side, cradling the two mares as they sorted out their feelings. 

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

The reaction that rose had was about what she was expecting to see. The sea green unicorn clutching her in a tight embrace. The reaction itself was one that made Aloe fill with pride and burn with hatred. She was happy that she was able to make Rose feel better, and she held her in her own hooves to help soothe her. At this point the rocking of the boat was helping her get her marefriend to relax. At the same time though, she felt a burning hatred filling within her. She wanted to find the pony that had hurt this pony so badly, no doubt because they found out what she was and instead of loving her, they betrayed her. May the stars make it to where Aloe never finds the pony that made Rose hurt as much as she did now. She wasn't sure if it was the maternal instincts kicking in or what, but no pony was going to hurt this mare again.

"You don't need to thank me," Aloe said with a smile. "For it is I that should be thanking you. I think I will be accepting your offer to move in with you. Wherever you wish to go, I will follow. Should that mean that we are to leave Ponyville behind, then so be it. The only thing I know for certain. My future..." she said before rubbing her tummy. "Our future, is together with you," she said rocking her even more, being careful as to not tip the boat.

• Like 1

Together forever... Aloe's words were a balm to the poor mare's nerves, and she found her sorrows draining in short time as the pink pony embraced her.

Rose sniffled and pulled back, wiping her nose in a remarkable unladylike fashion, smiling at Aloe calmly. "That's good to hear, it seems my fears were largely unfounded." Rubbing her shoulder, she chuckled, eyes a little red but overall, the mare seemed little worse for wear. "But if we do move... Your spa... Are you really okay with leaving it behind?"

She'll have to convene with Twilight soon, hash out a more beneficial arrangement that keeps them both nearby. She'd hate to tear Aloe away from her passion, even if they may be able to open up a new one in Canterlot. 

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe couldn't help but giggle a bit at the way that Rose wiped her face to clean the tears from her eyes and regain herself. She also nodded when Rose said that it seemed most of her fears were unfounded. She then asked if she would be okay leaving the spa behind if they moved. Aloe thought about this question for a bit. "I'm sure a lot of my clientele would be disappointed, but I can easily just sell this one. I would prefer not moving until it's sold though that way I can afford to open another one where ever we're going. Just... Not Trottingham. My parents kind of own the spa industry there and I would rather not compete against them," she told Rose before looking back to the wet streak on the mare's forelimb.

She then good an idea and then acted on the impulse. In one swift motion, with them being in the center of the lake, Aloe latched onto Rose and then with only a giggle of warning jumped over the side of the boat, dragging Rose into the lake with her. 

• Like 1

"Waaagh!" SPLASH! A wide eye'd Rose Compass briefly flailed, then bobbed at the surface with a gasp and a giggle. "Aloe!" She shrieked, splashing the brazen mare.

The water was cool, but not too cool. The perfect temperature for a swim- and Rose, being what she was, was perfectly comfortable in this new environment. In just a matter of seconds, she was maintaining her place on the surface as if she were peddling on air, and most of that prior tension simply bled into the depths.

"If you wanted to get wet, there were easier ways, you know ~" she snorted a laugh, bringing a hoof up to her lips with a coy sort of look. 

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe would raise her hoof to block some of the impending splash that she wholeheartedly deserved from her marefriend. "What?" She asked being quite adept at treading water herself. The way that the cool water flowed around her was comforting. It was vastly different from the hot waters of the spa baths, but this was just as refreshing, if not a bit more so for her because she was so used to the hot temperature. "Nothing like a surprise swim to cheer a pony up," she giggled back to her mare.

When she said that there easier ways to get wet, she couldn't help but giggle and this time splash at Rose. "Oh you... As much fun as that is. I'm pretty sure we'd get in trouble if we did that here. Ponyville and most of Equestria have rolled about doing that sort of stuff in public," she said with a sly smile herself. "You didn't happen to bring a water breathing potion with you did you? I wouldn't mind exploring some of the under water caves that might be under the lake," she said with a smile. 

• Like 1

Rose's heart warmed when Aloe brought up potions. In so short a time, it seems they've gotten to know each other so we'll. "Who said anything about doing it in public?" She grinned, floating over one of the silvery flasks.

The mercury-looking fluid within gently sloshed against itd glass confined as it swam in an aqua glow, refracting the sunlight overhead in a rainbow cascade. "I'll do you one better. Have you, per chance, heard of hippogriffs?" She asked, as she floated the flask over to the pretty pony, uncorking the top with caution.

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

"Technically in a round about way," she said before poking her tongue out with a giggle. She then watched Rose pull out some vials and she started talking about how she could do her one better than water breathing. She levitated the vial and then she asked if she had ever heard of hippogriffs. Aloe instantly nodded. "Yeah, there were a few of them that came to Ponyville got the school of friendship. They were quite energetic, and they simply loved our baths," she smiled before her eyes went wide and eyed the potion. "Are you implying that potion does what I think it does?" She asked with a giggle.

• Like 1

This Ponyville was just full of surprises! Rose chuckled. "Indeed I beleive I am. Playful creatures, those, and remarkably adept at the art of transformation."

In a flash of light only slightly offcolor from the water around them, the lower half of Rose's body suddenly became a lot less mammalian. "Not nearly as good as I, but a close second ~"

She winked, nudging the flask a little closer to the mare as she tongued her cheek. "You may find it tastes quite pearlescent. But don't worry, it's already been tested. The affects should last well before we intend to leave."

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe squeed like a school filly when she heard Rose's respond and then went a bit wide eyed again as she saw a flash and while her color wasn't that different, her form certainly was. It didn't take long for her to connect the dots and realize that this mist have been Rose's true form. With a gleeful smile, Aloe latched her hooves around the mare, or in this case, sea pony and giggled. "Just when I thought you couldn't get any better, or any more beautiful than you already were," she said pecking her on the cheek as she took the potion into her hooves. 

"You said that this will last until well after we plan to leave... Though to sate my own curiosity," she said as she started chugging the potion. That flavor was definitely familiar. Quite familiar actually that made her blush a bit when she realized what one of the ingredients must have been.  "Just how long do we have?" She asked before she felt the potion starting to work it's magic. 

• Hearthoof 1

Unlike other, more crude forms of transmogrification, this transition was smooth, like shedding one's skin to find a new, polished surface underneath; as Aloe imbibed the alchemical concoction (which may or may not have included what she thought it did), her hind legs would disappear in a cloud of milky magic, a powerful piscine tail taking its place with a majestic blue fin crowning her new muscular addition.

"About five hours, give or take." She pointed towards the boat- which had settled again in their a sense. "Although the second potion is a precaution, incase we decide to stay a little longer than anticipated." A knowing smile graced her lips, and she splashed the pink pony again, giggling.

"I can't say you look any worse either. Give those scales a little polish and some buffing and you'll really shine ~"

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe couldn't help but pout a bit when she heard that the potion would only last about five hours give or take, but was immediately relieved when Rose showed her a second one. One thing that she was thankful for, especially with potion work, sometimes the potions took the most rudimentary path that would make transformation potions quite painful normally, however she was pleased to find that this one was relatively seamless and completely painless. It might have had something to do with the pure changling essence that was used as part of the alchemical process.

"That's good that you brought the second potion, cause we're definitely going to be needing it," she said giggling as Rose commented on her own tail and how she was just as good looking as ever. That a little polish and buffing her scales could really shine. "Oh that would be quite beautiful. Although I must ask... actually wait... Nevermind. I was going to ask why anyone would want to shimmer in shine in the water. That you'd think it would attract predators. But we're all a bunch of brightly colored ponies that some of which routinely go into dangerous places and are just fine," she said with a giggle. "Now, lets go explore! I'm sure we can find someplace nice and secluded by the bottom," she said before diving down like a filly that had just been let into a toy shop with a thousand bits.

• Like 1

What a silly question. Ponies didn't need to worry about predators, not when seaponies were natural hunters. What else were they going to use for sustenance down there, kelp

With a small, warm smile, Rose dove the rest of the way underwater, her transformation only truly completing once she had been completely submerged; now her features were much more leonine, sporting a collar of fins around her neck that fanned out, and the general anatomy of a lion fish asides from her equine portions.

She grinned, feeling her heart beat faster as she followed after her beloved into the clear, cool depths. 

"You're really excited about this," she noted with some amusement. "What are we going to do when we find our nice and secluded spot?"

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe continued to swim down before turning around and seeing that her beloved had transformed even more. The sight and the beauty left her speechless. The way her fins flared and showed themselves made everything about herself tingle. She could feel the water rushing around them and smiled the deeper they went. The water was clear the entire way, and she giggled when Rose said that she was awfully excited about this.

"More than you might be able to imagine. I can't really say that I every dreamed about anything like this though, cause I didn't know things like this were possible until I met you... but now I'm excited about all the things this opens up that we can do. Plus all the new places we can explore! And I get to do it with the pony I care about and love the most," she said before Rose asked what they'd do once they found that secluded spot. "Well, let's find it and then find out," she giggled poking out her tongue. 

• Like 1

Rose nodded, then looked around the lake's basin. There was a lot of sand- that much was to be expected. Some mud and aquatic grassy plants... Small fish zipped by here and there, and she briefly considered trying to catch some before she realized she didn't have anyplace to put them if she caught them. Not and keep them preserved, at least.

In the end, she ended up looping around in lazy circles, thinking. "Well this isn't like the sea where we may encounter a sunken ship or lost cargo... Maybe a sunken boat?" She seemed to ask the question more to herself than Aloe, pausing upside down with a hoof to her chin. "Hmm... If you really think about it, we're already safe and secluded. I don't expect any other ponies to suddenly sprout tails and come down here."

She chuckled. "We could always give these tail muscles a little workout. How does a friendly race sound?"

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

It was true that the wonders that they could find here in Ponyville Lake were rather limited. It was like Rose had said, there weren't many sunken vessels or lost cargo that could be found. Still, there were bound to be some alcoves or something that could be interesting to explore. When she said that they were already mostly secluded, cause she didn't think that most ponies would sprout a tail and come down there with them, she giggled. "That is true, but there are also hippogriffs here in Ponyville like I mentioned. I've never really been out here to the lake before so I can't tell you how often the come out here to stretch their fins," she giggled again before Rose challeneged her to a race.

"Oh you're on! Although I'm sure it will hardly be fair. You only have your entire life worth of experience swimming and this is my first time in anything that's not a swimming pool," she smiled. Still, it would be fun, and she did kinda wonder how fast she'd be under water and if she'd be any faster than she was on land. Not that she was much of an athlete to begin with, but hey. She was willing to try new things to be with her beloved. "That said, where are we racing to?" she asked.

• Like 1

Where to indeed. There wasn't any obvious track or route to follow. They could swim the circumference of the lake, following along its sides, but it wasn't a hole in the ground so that may not work out as intended either.

Eventually, she came up with a decent idea, her horn lighting up as a 'lane' of ice crystals sprouted into existence, forming two parallel lines of frozen spheres far enough apart to give the two plenty of room to navigate themselves within its perimeter.

"There, this should work!" She clapped her hooves together, radiating pride at her work. "We will simply follow this lane to its conclusion. The first one to reach the end wins." And, secretely, she'd try and help Aloe out as much as she could. She really did have a rather unfair advantage over her, both in form and in experience. 

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe watched as Rose's horn lit up an a small track of sorts made from floating ice. It was a simple straight street like track, but it would more than serve their purpose.  She smiled and she situated herself at the start point of the track, over shooting it a bit at first. "Whoa, that was a lot faster than I expected. I guess things are faster under water. That will make things more fun," she said with a giggle. "I'll let you count us down. I'm ready to see what i can do with this, and if I can control it," she smiled with a wiggle of her fins back towards Rose. 

• Like 1

Rose giggled and watched her flexed those tail muscles of hers, situating herself at the appropriate spot. Subtly, the water around Aloe became just a tad bit thinner. This would allow her to manuerver through the water with more ease, and give her a minor speed boost.

"I'm sure you will have little trouble." She said as she gracefully arches through the water to be parallel to her. If anypony ever said she wasn't born in the sea, they'd have a hard time proving it. "Just be careful not to overshoot your destination. It's easy to get ahead of yourself when gathering speed."

She smiled, then, and twirled her tailfins, tensing up her body like a living spring. "Now then, let us commsense with the race!"

"Five...

Four

Three

Two

One... "

She glanced aside, blowing her a kiss. 

"Go!"