A Day On The Lake [Closed] (Saddle Lake)

Aisede

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe took the warning to heart that Rose gave her about being careful when gathering speed. That it makes it easy to over shoot your target. She then watched as Rose started to line and move her fins and she mimicked what she was seeing, behind new to the world of fins herself. Still the muscles felt, different, yet the same it honestly felt like somepony wrapped her legs together. She watched and listened as Rose started to count down, retuning the kiss that she blew to her before she got to go.

When she said go, Aloe took off. The feeling of the water rushing around hey, and the weightless feeling of just gliding through the current opened up something in her. Something that made her understand so much more about why Rose loved the water so much. She lost herself in the moment and she went for broke as she decided to push and see what the body could really do as she went full sprint, giggling the entire time.

• Like 1

Rose decided to give her a five second head start before shooting off like a bullet, carving through the water like an aquatic pegasus to pull up next to Aloe... Then she turn that into a backstroke, gliding upside down with an ecstatic grin. "Feel that current? The rush of power surging through your veins?"

She rotated in a corkscrew that had her appear to the other side of Aloe, the lane widening just a bit to allow her to stay within its perimeter as she continued. "It's liberating, is it not? This must be what pegasi feel like up in the clouds, shaping their own paths free of the earth and gravity."

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Oh yes. Aloe could definitely feel what Rose was describing. She could also visibly see just how much of a disadvantage that she was at. Rose was just so much faster than she was, that she could literally swim circles around her. She told her that this was what it must feel like to be a pegasus up in the clouds. That they were now free to shape their own paths free from earth and gravity. "Oh yes! This is probably one of the most thrilling thing I've experienced recently," she said with a smile as she tried to push herself even faster. After a few more moments they had reached the finish, and It was now time for Aloe to let up. unfortunately momentum had other plans for her and she could be seen flailing as she tried to get herself to stop.

• Like 1

Op, and thar she blows! Rose allowed the silly pink pony to finish first, then watched in amusement as she overshot the goal. 

"You're supposed to stop after the finish line." She said with a few giggled as Aloe was swaddled in a gentle aqua aura and straightened out. Rose approached her with a cautious smile, laying a hoof on her shoulder. "You okay there? You shot off like a torpedo fish!"

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

It wasn't too long before Aloe had gotten herself back under control. She hovered there in the water panting a bit as she tried to catch her breath. Was that what it was called under water? Was it breath? Bubbles? She had no idea. What she did know though was that was one of the most thrilling things she's done. When she heard Rose giggle a bit and tell her that she was supposed to stop at the finish line, she laughed back. "Yeah, I'm okay. you weren't kidding about it being to easy to overshoot things. It's not like when I'm sprinting. With that I can dig my hooves into the ground and stop myself. This here is kind of like ice skating, but without the ice," she said with a smile. "I could definitely get used to being down here though. Maybe if we can find a nice set of caves or something down here, and we could find a way to let this," she said motioning to her body, "work like the pear fragments do for the Hippogriffs, then I wouldn't mind moving here to the water. we'd definitely have a lot more privacy," she smiled.

• Like 1

Ice skating, huh? She should add that to the list of activities for later. "And underwater home, huh?" She looked around the lake. Not much in the way of caves... Or any discernable features, for that matter. It was a very basic bowl of water, with a muddy basin and aquatic grasses. She could, theoretically, carve a home out of the submerged ground, but it'd be a lot of work to make it structurally sound.

She could also build an actual structure down there, but she didn't possess the technical skills to engineer anything habitable. "Perhaps... I can definitely create an artifact that'll allow you to shift forms. I could work that into your socks, or another item of apparel you would wear regularly. Just inform me of your decision and I'll get to work on it."

"Insofar as inhabiting this lake?" She took another look around, not that she expected to see anything different. "I'll see what I can do. I doubt we'll find any caves in this lake, but we can commission a structure built down here. If we can get ahold of some hippogriffs, we could inquire as to the best means to do so as well."

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe smiled as she heard Rose say that makes something for her the that would allow her to switch forms. That made her idea seem even better. She could see that Rose was heavily in thought about the suggestion and was likely looking over the lake bed to see if such a suggestion was even possible. Aloe had no knowledge in lakebed integrity so she would definitely defer to Rose's judgement here. 

As she looked around and commented, she said that while there weren't any caves or anything that would give them a natural structure, they could probably get something commissioned from the hippogriffs. She also said that they might know of better ways of doing so as well. "Oh that sounds like a great idea. Oh, we could even move the spa out here above the lake, and your potion would make a great selling point. This is such a great way to relax and relieve stress that I would be a fool not to include it. With... Your permission of course. I'm not entirely sure how much trouble the potion is to make," she smiled looking around the lake herself. She was in an exploring mood and was excited to do more.

• Like 1

Rose felt like she'd already explored everything noteworthy, but seeing Aloe so excited over something she considered rather mundane still made her feel warm inside. "You're really into this idea, aren't you?" She raised a hoof to her lips with a coy, humored look in her eyes. "Very well, I shall make it a priority. As for the potion... "

She looked up, up at the glittering, fractalled surface of the water, above all the murk and drifting organic debris. "The ingredients are rather mundane. It mostly includes pearls, a dissolving agent, a binding agent, and one more material that's more difficult to acquire."

She looked over at Aloe again, then, and her smile became a little less... Innocent. "That element, however, may be easily substituted for... Something of a more viscous nature."

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Rose's last comment and the way that she said it pretty much confirmed what the alternative ingredient was for the potion that she drank. She couldn't help but give a small laugh at that before going back to get comment before. "I think that living underwater is a great idea and a fantastically new opportunity. Plus it will give us even more privacy. We'd still have to keep one of our houses though or have a heated building connected to the lake, cause this lake does freeze in the winter time and would trap is in it for the entire winter," she commented.

"So, pearls, a dissolving agent, and a bonding agent. Those all sound pretty easy to get ahold of," she said before taking a bit of a coy seductive tone herself. "And I'm sure that that item will be quite enjoyable to make together. Knowing is, it'll be stopping that's the problem," she said swimming up to nose her cheek.

• Like 1

Rose reciprocated the affection, snatching Aloe up in her forelegs, sending them both into a graceful twirl. "It's only a problem when we are burdened with other such preoccupations, of which I am reasonably certain neither of us have."

Her eyes turn soft, and she gently nuzzled the beautiful pink mare, grazing her neck and jawline with a delicate hoof. "Mmhh... As for the lake freezing over, I'm sure we are more than capable of keeping each other warm ~" that, and she can modify the chemistry of their environment to keep it in liquid form. There are very few limitations to alchemy, and fewer still when she's behind the helm.