Another blue sunny day... (Private, Icy)

It took Sunny a few seconds to grasp just what it was that Gloomy said. Sunny was not a pony given to reading poetry and having it recited to you in some manner when you are just starting conversation struck her awkwardly. Not bad, just awkward, and it took her a little while to piece it all together. "Sunny in June...oh, oh I get it!" She said excitedly as she beamed with joy. "You're welcome, but we all have each other to thank. I'm just happy to help. How is Bridlewood these days?" She started as she went to work on the order. That also took her a few moments to process. She was going to blame the poetry until further notice. She started work on the Strawberry Mango Smoothie and shot a look at the back- yeah, certainly a bunch of boxes she could heave onto them. Why though?

She asked that question to herself as a joke, of course. They were nuzzling and being awfully affectionate with one another. Which was great! Everypony was happy to find love in this new day and age and she wasn't put off by it. Just by the poetry. The box angle- was somepony moving? "Oh, you want some boxes?" She asked quizzically. "Is somepony moving somewhere?" She asked conspiratorially. It seemed quick, but she wouldn't say that. It would be the height of hypocrisy for her to say that considering she was living with her own friends from across Equestria, all of whim had moved in with her...very quickly, as it was. "I should have enough for that. And Gloomy, what do you want?"

Judging by Sunny's reaction, the rhyming wasn't to be as smoothly taken here as it would be back in Bridlewood.  Which made sense; the ponies she'd grown up with were used to her quirks, and had come to rather like them, until her recent creative slump.  But with Sugar Moonlight coming home with her... she felt confident that she could recapture some of that old magic along with the new!  "We're doing fine back down in the woods, magic's return is bringing the goods.  Using horns to craft is really quite handy, so many a merchant is doing quite dandy!"

As if there was any doubt, Sunny was quick to provide the boxes... and guess their reason, based on the tone.  With a blush, the unicorn tilted her head back to read the sign, hurriedly searching through a list of fruit flavors, half of which she didn't recognize.  "I'll... I'll... have what Sugar's having."  She hastily plumped for, not having the wherewithal to rhyme with anything like 'orange' or 'banana'.

• Like 1

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Sugar couldn't help but give a slight giggle to see Sunny stumble over the the poetry at first. She had to admit she had the same issue when they met at first, but it was also fairly easy to piece together. She wasn't a poet herself and want sure if her trying to make a rhyme would be seen as offensive or not. She didn't want to appear like she was mocking Gloomy after all. 

Sunny started working on her smoothe and smiled when Gloomy said she'd have the same. When she asked about the boxes, it was Sugar's turn to blush a bit. "Well, given recent events... Between leaving the Canterlogic factory after the reveal of their warmongering owners... And there not really being much else for a model here... And after meeting Gloomy here... I've decided to move to Bridlewood and see what kind of magic is there, and I don't know... Maybe see if I can help the unicorns figure out how to use their magic like the old days. Where they could do more that just levitate things," she replied, taking hey smoothie. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gloomy was a bit bashful about it but Sunny didn't see why. Love was love and they all felt it for for somepony, sometime. She was happy for them and got to work on a second smoothie, this one for Gloomy, as she made sure to get the boxes in order. Strawberry Mango was one of the more popular flavors so luckily she had everything she needed in stock in abundance, so even on a day like today as she watched her supplies dwindle with such speed she had to suspect theft. Invisible thieves who left coins, yep. That was the ticket. She needed to get Hitch to do a stakeout and hunt down the culprit.  Maybe have a BBQ while they were at it!

"I am sure it is, Gloomy. I know I have seen a lot of 'made in Bridlewood' marks on a lot of crafts in the market. Seems like everypony is making a killing!" She then furrowed her brow and looked away as she thought about the ponies she hadn't seen as much of recently. Okay, maybe not everypony was making a killing, but truth be told some of those artisian craft places in town were really bad and this was just the final excuse to abandon them. "Well, mostly. Here you go!" She said as she brought forth two smoothies, topped, tagged, and ready for sale. "Five bits, please," she said as she allowed herself to recline on the counter.

"Well, i think you'll like it there. So many beautiful trees and crystals, and who knows what else now that the unicorns have their magic back! I'm sure you'll find your place there, Sugar. Just don't be a stranger here, okay?" She asked with a smile as her eyes darted down in thought. "Otherwise I'll be...in dismay!" She perked up excitedly and looked at Gloomy. "Was that a good one?"

Gloomy was appreciative of Sugar being willing to share their intentions; she was still quite unused to the idea of opening up too much to what were, technically, still strangers.  Not for long, if the quick friendship she had struck up with Sugar Moonlight was the norm for earth ponies, but then again, they weren't going to be staying in Maretime Bay long enough for Gloomy to really get to know Sunny, were they?

*That was too sad a thought for so bright a day.  Maybe the smoothie would chase it away.*  So she hoped, at least, hoofing over the bits and taking a sip of the strawberry-mango concoction.  Upon tasting it, her eyes lit up as she delivered her verdict.  "Like liquid sunshine in a cup, one short drink will pick me up!"  Her smile was really cute, and Sunny would be able to see what had Sugar so smitten as she giggled, "Your rhyme was good too, Sunny, thank you."

• Like 1

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Sugar would nod and smile a bit as she heard Sunny try to rhyme. It wasn't even a bad one, but it was still cute that she was trying to go along with Gloomy. That adorable bashful smile that Gloomy had from it said everything that Sugar needed to know, before she turned to grab her own smoothie. She took a sip from her smoothie while she was watching Sunny gather up the boxes before answering her statement to her. "Oh, I'm still planning on being around Maretime Bay often enough. My family and most of my friends are here, what few I actually have now. Though with that in mind, we could probably use your help at some point. You're the only pony that's gone on a grand adventure and come back in one piece. Well, you and your friends that is, when you brought back magic. Granted... you only went to cities that were populated with other ponies and not scary, possibly pony eating monsters... do you have any advice to get a new pair of adventurers, or perhaps... might wanna come with us?" she asked giving almost a pleading smile.