Hammok-hooks and Broomsticks (OPEN)

Ashton

Devious Trixie by 20pixels

The Great and Powerful Trixie!

"THANK YOU, EQUESTRIA! AND GOOD NIGHT!"

Fireworks lit up the sky as the crowd cheered and applauded, The Great and Powerful Trixie beamed with joy as the lights went out and the curtains closed. This was her little slice of heaven, this was what told her the true meaning of happiness! Hearing those cheers and that applause was more intoxicating than any food or drink could ever be.

She put her ear to the crack in the curtain, waiting for the applause and cheers to die down and for the ponies to start getting to their feet... she grinned as her horn glowed and a stack of autographed posters nearby vanished...

there were shouts and squeals of joy from the young and old alike --- well, mostly the young, it was the foals who appreciated the little souvenir more than the  adults. Trixie risked a quick peek, just opening the curtain a tiny crack, and then closing it quickly before she was noticed, and her smile grew even wider as she saw all the foals happily clutching their posters and jibbering to their friends, parents, even to a nearby tree in one odd case, about the show and how much they loved it!

Trixie was absolutely skipping and prancing as she moved through the backstage area, straightening everything up and grabbing a broom with her magic. Once she was sure the crowds had dispersed she made her way out under the dim lights and the clear sky to clean up the area around her wagon, taking time to pick up and straighten any left-over posters that were undamaged and put them back in the box, she swept all the confetti and small streamers into a pile. It was then that she realized she didn't have a dustpan to collect them in...

She looked to the left... she looked to the right... she glanced ahead of her... and behind her... when she was sure nopony was there (at least she didn't see them if they were) she smirked and large cerulean wings unfurled from under her cape and with a few hard flaps, sent the confetti and other small debris flying down the hill towards the town. It wasn't like they were going to complain - she wasn't going to be there in the morning for them to complain to!

With a smile she folded her wings back against her sides, letting her cape fall over them and headed into her wagon, not ten minutes later there was the pleasant creaking of a hammock followed soon by quiet snoring... it had been a long and wonderful night!

Sunblossom was taking a lovely midnight stroll near Ponyville when she started coughing uncontrollably. Some confetti had blown straight into her eyes and mouth! After bending over and spitting out the colorful paper onto the long grass, she quickly stood up and glared in all directions, angry at the invisible perpetrator who would dare litter. "I mean, one paper scrap on the ground when you can't find a trash can is one thing, but throwing away so much confetti that it becomes a cloud is unacceptable behavior!" she muttered to no one in particular. She had come all the way from Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns to visit her parents in Ponyville, and seeing ponies having a total disregard for nature was not a great way to end the night. Making up her mind, Sunblossom turned towards the direction that the confetti had come from, and set off.

She trotted all the way up the hill, until she reached a strange wagon with posters for some magician plastered all over it. Knocking loudly on the door, Sunblossom prepared to give a long lecture about the dangers of littering. After several minutes of standing at the door and having no answer, Sunblossom sighed and was about to head home, when she thought of the perfect way to get revenge. She had remembered a spell that would help her teach this "Trixie" character a lesson.

Aiming her horn towards Ponyville, long tendrils of turquoise energy shot out and pulled all the trash on the streets back to Sunblossom. She grabbed a half empty glue bottle that had been abandoned in the gutter and proceeded to glue all the trash to the wagon, and covered all the posters advertising the "Great and Powerful Trixie" with essays about the importance of throwing away garbage. She also left a letter that said the counter-spell would be given to her once she sent an apology to the mayor about the trash she had not bothered to throw away.

Standing back to admire her handiwork, Sunblossom giggled, imagining the look on Trixie's face the next morning when she saw what her carelessness had cost her. Then, looking down at her hooves, she gagged at the smell of the garbage and galloped away to wash her hands and get a good night's sleep. Sunblossom rested well that night, knowing she had taught a good lesson in a fun way (well, fun for her at least.)

Sad Little Scootaloo by DeadParrot22

Scootaloo

When the morning came, should sunblossom return to the wagon, she would likely be rather surprised - there was a section of the wagon that had gotten cleaned, but it wasn't Trixie doing it, instead a familiar orange filly was scrubbing it clean while Trixie glowered at her, berating the filly and her friends for this 'tasteless prank'

Though not heartless, Trixie was indeed... well she wasnt doing her own part, but she did atleast enchant a scrub-brush and mop to help with the cleanup... 

"You know, if you just told me where your little friends are, this would go a lot faster with all three of you here" commented Trixie

"I am not dragging them into this" said the pegasus "I already told you we didn't do it!"

Trixie snorted "you three are the only ones who would pull a prank like this, not even Pinkie Pie would. I'm going to be having a long talk with your parents over this!"

Scootaloo just sighed "yeah, good luck with that..." she muttered

When Sunblossom awoke the next morning, she sleepily rolled over in bed before remembering the events of last night. Looking at the clock, Sunblossom realized she only had one hour to check on the wagon before the train left to take her back to school! She raced out the door, barely pausing to say hello to her bewildered mother, and galloped up the hill to find a peculiar sight.

The wagon had already been cleaned in one section, and Sunblossom stomped in frustration. She was marching around the wagon to give Trixie a piece of her mind when she bumped into a little pegasus that was holding a brush. "Oh, sorry, I didn't see you there." Sunblossom said. "Excuse me," she said as she walked over to Trixie, not waiting to hear the little pegasus's reply. 

"Excuse me, Trixie," Sunblossom called with an angry look on her face, "Why are you punishing this poor filly for your mess?" 

Trixie blinked, not expecting visitors this early but after a quick shifting of her cape, regained her demeaner "The Great and Powerful Trixie is merely providing a lesson to the local foals" she explained "Some time last night these three - that is to say Scootaloo" she nodded at the pegasus "and her two friends apparently decided it would be a fun prank to make a mess of Trixie's wagon, so Trixie decided it would be a good lesson to make them clean it up, unfortunately Trixie has not been able to locate the other two accomplices so for now it is only Scootaloo who is cleaning up this... prank of poor taste" she explained

"I keep telling her we didnt do it!" whined scootaloo

Trixie frowned "Lieing will only make it worse, the only other pranksters in this town that might think this was not in poor taste..." she sighed "Honestly, kid, you think Rainbow or Pinkie would have the attention span for this?" she asked with a roll of her eyes

Scootaloo had to let out a giggle at that, "your right about that... but it doesn't mean WE did it!"

The pale blue mare sighed "Your parents are going to hear about this, as well as Applejack and Rarity" she said with a frown "maybe you wont feel the need to lie to them"

Scootaloo sighed again, looking at the ground a moment when Trixie mentioned talking to the pegasus' parents, but even at a glance it was clear this wasnt worry or shame... this was a far deeper wound that trixie likely had no idea she was hitting as she spoke.

Trixie turned to the other mare and sighed "Apologies" she said with a smile as she walked over "What can the Great and Powerful Trixie do for you today, ma'am?" she asked with a smile, sweeping her hat off dramatically as she spoke, just as quickly returning it to her head as she stood tall once again, confident in her assessment of the situation, once she was close enough she whispered "Don't worry, Trixie is not cruel and will not make the foal clean the entire wagon, it is merely a lesson... even if Trixie is... very unhappy with them..." she frowned "...this puts Trixie behind schedule by a full day at this rate..." she added, more to herself than to sunblossom

Sunblossom drew herself up. She had planned on remaining anonymous so that she would not get punished for trouble-making back at school, but she could not stand by while Scootaloo was punished for her prank. She explained the entire story of the night before to Trixie, trying her hardest to keep eye contact to show that she was not intimidated.

"I wanted to teach you a lesson," she concluded, "But I didn't consider the fact that others might get punished for my actions. I still stand by what I did, but you shouldn't make Scootaloo clean the mess up" Sunblossom said, gesturing towards Scootaloo.

"I TOLD YOU SO!" exclaimed Scootaloo indignantly

Trixie's hoof went to her face

"Its not not you even care, you can poof it away with your magic" snorted scootaloo as she threw the brush into the soapy water

"Trixie doesn't specialize in that kind of magic..." she said with a snort

the pegasus rolled her eyes "Pfft, your like Twilight, you can do anything - your an alic-"

Trixie quickly shoved a scroll in scootaloo's mouth "Here you go kid, sorry for the mix-up, have a treasure map for free!" she said quickly 

Scootaloo blinked and put it in her bags with a roll of her eyes "Maybe it'll be something fun this time..." she said with a roll of her eyes as she headed off.

The mare of magic turned to her guest "In Trixie's defense" she started, making sure scootaloo was far enough away not to hear her "Those three are a nuisance and this does feel like something they would do" she paused "as for you..." her eyes narrowed "Trixie is not amused!" she exclaimed picking up the brush scootaloo had with her magic and letting it fall in front of Sunblossom "But Trixie is working on being more forgiving and is willing to let it slide if you help clean it up" completely ignoring to reason for the mess on her wagon in the first place and making herself out to be the victim here... typical Trixie

Sunblossom indignantly sputtered, "Me??!! The whole reason you have this mess is because you tried to mess up Ponyville!" Sunblossom pointed her hoof at Trixie, only a couple inches from the arrogant unicorn's eyes. "Besides, by 'help' do you mean I do all the work while you sit in a hammock drinking carrot juice, learning nothing from your actions?" She was getting very angry, and didn't notice the flowers sprouting up by her feet. "I will not clean up this mess." A burst of turquoise energy shot from her horn, growing giant bushes of roses all around the wagon. "I have a train to catch. Good. Bye." She turned and trotted away, heading back to her parent's home. As she got closer to the familiar buildings of Ponyville, Sunblossom started to cool off, and realized she had not only lost her temper, but had accidentally released her anger in the form of magic. Sighing, she decided she would have speak to the guidance counselor about this when she got back to school. Sunblossom just hoped that this problem would get under control before she graduated.

Trixie's horn glowed as she closed her eyes, her cape flapping  as her wings spread "Ashes to Ashes..." she muttered as her hat fell to the ground "Dust to... DUST!" a massive blast of energy shot out of her horn hitting the rosebushes as they turned to dust... along with all the grass and even a tree!

Trixie coughed and slumped against the wagon "I have GOT to learn to control that power" she said as her cape fell down once more covering her wings as she panted, returning her hat to her head...

((as I said in the reply to the update, if you want another character of mine to show up, just pick one and I'll find a reason for it :) ))