[Zebra] Bonnie [Final]

kamerad

zebraaa2small.jpg

Image thanks once again to lonewolfkait! <3

Name: Bonnie

Species: Zebra

Pelt Colour: Black, with white stripes

Mane/Tail Colour & Style: Close-cut and really quite spiny black-and-white mane; short and sparse black tail

Eye Colour: Brown

Cutie Mark: Large, single white star

Physique: Stocky; smaller than male zebras, but buffer than some female ponies

Residence: Trottingham

Roleplay Type: Main RP

Motivation: Bonnie is almost Dixie's other half, being quiet where Dixie is boisterous and thoughtful where she is emotional. Fast friends since meeting in childhood, where Bonnie worked as an assistant to her parents, who were maid and butler to Dixie's family, Bonnie has had the opportunity to work elsewhere, but prefers to stay in Dixie's employ both for friendship's sake and because she dislikes change. Unknown to her, Dixie feels like she controls Bonnie's life choices far too much, and although she feels guilty about it, continues to do so. Bonnie doesn't seem to notice and has never once thought about it, considering her life to be in her own hooves.

Character Summary: Bonnie is a second-generation Equestrian, born in to zebra parents native to a land from far across the ocean. She is a reserved, quiet mare, prone to bouts of insecurity and easily embarrassed. Her accent is almost indecipherable, being a creole of an Alabamare twang and her parents' native phonology, but is nevertheless understood by Dixie, who has been her best and perhaps only friend since both were foals. Bullied as a filly, although she was always by far the stronger, she was defended by Dixie in their school; Bonnie's parents would have preferred to have home-schooled her primarily for this reason, but everypony knew this was unfortunately not possible. Bonnie eventually came to subconsciously rely on Dixie for support, which is perhaps another reason why she has not sought employment elsewhere.

Bonnie is a second-generation zebra, born in Equestria to parents native to a land from far across the ocean.

You may want to say she is a second generation citizen of Equestria, the way it is currently worded it sounds like she is only the second generation of zebra (as if her grandparents were not zebra). I do dig the accent concept though, I would enjoy reading her speech in the RP. :) Also, is Dixie an RP character of someone's? I ask because if its someone else's RP character, we need to know that it is alright with them having your character tied to theirs in such a deep way.

This character is so cute. I like her, and I totally approve of more Zebras. However, which type of RP is this character intended for? Keep in mind the differences between Mane RP and Crossover RP. While she's suitable for either one, we do need to have the tag put in the application. See the Application Form for a complete list and summarized description of all the tags to ensure you've got them in here. :) But this character is so close!