Does anyone play any old school video games?

Puck

I still play them from time to time. I've got an NES, Genesis, and N64 set up in my room, and a PS1 set up in my living room.

I honestly want to finish Goldeneye but my N64's not working. DX

Yes Goldeneye was awesome, me and my brother just got a copy recently at a resale shop recently. That game is awesome, heard it got a remake but it didn't have involvement or credit to the original company that work with the n64 version (Rareware) so I don't know if it would be the same experience.

Rare seemed to make some of the best games, most of the ones I played growing up they had a hand in. Donkey Kong Country, Killer Instinct, Banjo Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini, some great memories with those games. <3

Really glad so many older games are being reshelled onto newer systems for those who missed out on the originals, despite not being the same in most cases. It's like a classic book, something everpony should see or try in their life. Donkey Kong Country is probably like the Mark Twain novels of SNES. XD

• 2 weeks later...

I do most of my old-school video game playing in Salisbury Mass at this place called Joe's Playland. They have an upper floor where NOTHING is from after 1988. it's super awesome. Ms. Pacman forever!

That is when I am not kicking my husband's ass at Bubble Bobble.

I still have an old SNES from all the way back in 1993. It's eject button is busted, but it otherwise works perfectly.

My N64 on the other hand...works great, but all of the controllers have busted sticks/buttons. :P

Trying to play The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on it, and Link can't run! :Fluttercry

Thank Celestia for the Wii VC, I don't know how I could survive without my yearly intake of that game.

I haven't played my SNES in several years, but my sisters and mother occasionally ask me to hook it up for them so they can play games on it. Usually Super Mario World or Yoshi's Island. Oh, Super Mario World is also the first game I ever played...I think. Either that one, or Super Mario All-Stars

The oldest game I still regularly play is Nethack, though I hadn't heard of that game until 2009.

anypony here ever played tyrian? :)

YES! I am so glad that there are people who remember that game. Forget Touhou, Tyrian is the greatest shooter of all time.

As for other retro games, I do love the old snes and genesis (mega drive) games. I have a gameboy advance (highly underrated) with some good games on it. And of course my N64. A friend and I started up Mario 64 again. We intend to get every single star. I also have an arcade emulator (yeah, yeah, I know) to play some of those games that never got a home release. Oh, and Dreamcast may not be "old-school" enough for you but it is a brilliant console. 'nuff said.

You guys would like this place: http://www.yelp.com/biz/game-zone-salem

They refurbish and sell EVERY SINGLE CONSOLE SYSTEM I can think of. Want a Turbografix-16? they can hook you up! Atari7800? No Problem.

Im quite confident that if i refurbished/got a new NES i would be playing Dragon Warrior 1 for weeks on end. Or longer if i boot up Wizardry. XD

Ive caught myself playing Time Pilot quite alot as well if anypony else has heard of that one. Its hell but fun, hehe.

They refurbish and sell EVERY SINGLE CONSOLE SYSTEM I can think of. Want a Turbografix-16? they can hook you up! Atari7800? No Problem.

Im quite confident that if i refurbished/got a new NES i would be playing Dragon Warrior 1 for weeks on end. Or longer if i boot up Wizardry. XD

Ive caught myself playing Time Pilot quite alot as well if anypony else has heard of that one. Its hell but fun, hehe.

Oh dude, that was my favorite game as a kid (Dragon warrior) I still have my cartridge! I haven't heard of Time Pilot. Is it like Ghosts and Goblins or Ninja Gaiden hell? Because those two games can go SCREW. Along with Monster Party.

For the initiated: Monster Party is this horribleness:

dPo8FiDMtdI

Now imagine that you were a young child, and that you had just gotten your VERY FIRST Nintendo. And this game was in your stocking. Thanks, mom. Thanks a whole hell of a lot!

Oh dude, that was my favorite game as a kid (Dragon warrior) I still have my cartridge! I haven't heard of Time Pilot. Is it like Ghosts and Goblins or Ninja Gaiden hell? Because those two games can go SCREW. Along with Monster Party.

For the initiated: Monster Party is this horribleness:

dPo8FiDMtdI

Now imagine that you were a young child, and that you had just gotten your VERY FIRST Nintendo. And this game was in your stocking. Thanks, mom. Thanks a whole hell of a lot!

Lol no Time Pilot is like Asteroids with the acceleration taped down so you can't stop moving and can only turn and shoot. Also instead of giant rocks it's other planes chasing/gunning you down. The AI for that game is evil for such an old game. As for Ninja Gaiden... Those HAWKS!!!! EVERY TIME THOSE HAWKS KNOCK ME DOWN! XD

Lol no Time Pilot is like Asteroids with the acceleration taped down so you can't stop moving and can only turn and shoot. Also instead of giant rocks it's other planes chasing/gunning you down. The AI for that game is evil for such an old game. As for Ninja Gaiden... Those HAWKS!!!! EVERY TIME THOSE HAWKS KNOCK ME DOWN! XD

Time Pilot is kind of like Omega Race in gameplay?

Time Pilot is kind of like Omega Race in gameplay?

dFcpb-4Aaes

Here's a gameplay video~! This guys making it look easy but they even swarmed him. I hate when they fly at you in groups and surround you. XD

dude, that game looks hard. It would have had me kicking the console in a baby rage.

I managed to get to 3rd stage '1970s Stage' but helicopters start shooting chaser-missles. Easy to shake one of put multiple is death. Somehow I have never lost my temper to a retro-space shooter before. Fighting games and Action seem to be only games that make me rage. Like Killer Instinct or Devil May Cry. Especially Devil May Cry, my fingers/wrists are to weak to rapid-tap and jump around like that.

• 1 month later...
So do I. I have a NES hooked up to a TV in my room. I still play some of the classics-Super Mario bros, Tetris, Megaman 2. Megaman 2 is my favorite by far.

Megaman 2 is by far and away the best Megaman game. Metal Blade rawks.

So, what was the first video game you ever played? Doom 2

What's the oldest system you own (Atari, Sega Genesis, Nintendo, SNES, etc.)? Sega Megadrive

Do you still play your old games, or do they just sit in storage? I still play Doom 2 from time to time. though old consoles are mostly just in storage

Whats bolded is me talking