The Great and Powerful Music Maker

TGaPTrixie

dpbkhd.png

Well, Per request I checked out this section (by which I mean I looked at one post in here) and I have decided to share my creations, I will start with something a lot of you may know, and it is pony related.

If you are interested in hearing more you can go to soundcloud.com/djcry

http://soundcloud.com/djcry/lunas-lament

http://soundcloud.com/djcry/revalations

http://soundcloud.com/djcry/the-unknown

• Like 3

Wow these are impressive, I am not sure which would be my favorite though. I was going to say the Luna's Lament one until I listened to the Revelations song, and by the time I listened to the third song I couldn't decide anymore. Greta Job. :grin:

Color me impressed! TGaPT has delivered! I see you have a humble streak after all; your very talented at this, i'm really glad you shared your work!

I'm going to download all of these, and they are going straight onto my phooooooooooooone <3

If you dont mind a few questions, what program(s) do you use to compose, and how long have you been at it?

Color me impressed! TGaPT has delivered! I see you have a humble streak after all; your very talented at this, i'm really glad you shared your work!

I'm going to download all of these, and they are going straight onto my phooooooooooooone :heart:

If you dont mind a few questions, what program(s) do you use to compose, and how long have you been at it?

I use FL Studio, but I have a copy of Pro Tools aswell as Ableton, and I have been at it for roughly 5 years now.

You gentlepony, need to follow this passion of yours! I regret that I ever formally gave up art as a career option.

I hope you stick with this, you've got something special hon. Any big projects in mind for the future?

I am in that artist phase where I feel it is not up to snuff on professional standards, sooo I don't see my self taking this anywhere anytime soon, accept maybe MAYBE a performance at the summer sun celebration.....maybe.

I am in that artist phase where I feel it is not up to snuff on professional standards, sooo I don't see my self taking this anywhere anytime soon, accept maybe MAYBE a performance at the summer sun celebration.....maybe.

Gotta start somewhere- why not do a little DJ'ing? I know *I* would be happy to hear this in a club dance setting; I dont know maybe you've got experience in that field already; I notice you have a DJ tag. I know that in SL a lot of people got experience DJing their sets as mock-ups for professional runs; but that is of course, still very different than a live performance.

How often does it take you to write a piece, generally speaking?

Gotta start somewhere- why not do a little DJ'ing? I know *I* would be happy to hear this in a club dance setting; I dont know maybe you've got experience in that field already; I notice you have a DJ tag. I know that in SL a lot of people got experience DJing their sets as mock-ups for professional runs; but that is of course, still very different than a live performance.

How often does it take you to write a piece, generally speaking?

If I am in the right mood, I can make a song start to finish in about 3-5 hours.

And here I thought it would take days- but I guess it comes with experience and how well you can creatively develop it in your head

Well, my dad is a sound engineer for a lot of big name bands so I have been around music my entire life, and as for doing live shows, all I really have to do is say "Dad I am ready to do a live show" and that is that...I would be on stage within the week.

Well, my dad is a sound engineer for a lot of big name bands so I have been around music my entire life, and as for doing live shows, all I really have to do is say "Dad I am ready to do a live show" and that is that...I would be on stage within the week.

That is pretty cool! :'} Only cool story i have about that is that my dad had Journey play in his apartment for his birthday, back way when they first started out- their manager was his roomate in college. Thats about the extent of musical talent in my family, lol.

Though, i did play paino when I was younger, all sorts of percussion, and I played the guitar for a while in highschool. I've always been very passionate about music (I guess thats easy to say- most people feel that way); but in a way to me music is very close to spirituality. Its powerful, emotional, driving, and something about it seems elemental, or essential to the heart/mind/soul. Kind of like... a communal language between everything. I guess just as people say everything has life; to me everything has music; whether its vibrations, rotations, audible or felt, I feel like music is one of the most basic connecting factors between everything.

I guess working in the music field in my vision is something very respectable/amazing- its so full of soul!

Then again, I know a great many people are just into it because they love to groove :3

• 1 month later...

Question i have made some music that u might like but for the life of me i dont knos how to share it its on youtube do i just add a link?

Can do one of two methods, either:

[media]Direct Youtube video URL[/media]

Or directly insert the direct Youtube video link URL in the text section of the editor and the editor will automatically place the media tags around it.