Pancake Diner Event (invite only/request to join in pm)

halofan303

Midnight was startled when some other pony suddenly arrived and took a seat next to One Wing on the bench he was sitting on. She was a green melted pegasus mare. Her behavior in greeting them revealed her to be remarkably forward and likely somewhat brash. She seemed exactly the worst type of pony for Midnight to deal with.

She thought to call the pony out, but arguments struck Midnight as petty. She'd rather save herself the trouble of complaining about how this kind of dry conversation had been interrupted. No. This was an opportunity to slip away. She was still curious about the one who called himself One Wing, but she wasn't really getting much out of him. It was better to just quit now.

"Well... it was nice meeting you, One Wing," Midnight commented quietly as she motioned to leave.

~one-wing~

"likewise, midnight." he had said that before fly-by reacted. sitting there quietly, he looking over at the muffin shop, not sure of what he was gonna say or do next, hopefully the line in the muffin shop would clear up soon. who was this stranger though? and why did she sit here? this didn't seem normal to him as there were some available seats about. never the less it would be rude to tell the mare to leave. unless she became a nuisance that is.

Midnight frowned, now a little irritated. This pony seemed insistent and maybe a tad self-absorbed. She really was the sort Midnight clashed with.

"Manners?" Midnight questioned in a stern voice. "Are my manners really the ones that should be in question here?"

She left it at just that. Midnight knew she wasn't the best mannered pony out there. She was fairly cold and just didn't do well with others. Still, the hypocrisy of a pony who so flagrantly interjects herself into a conversation between strangers without asking complaining of somepony's manners was more than apparent enough.

~One-wing~

(should i interfere? but that would be rude) he sat there quietly, not wanting to get involved in their debate. they were both being rude, quite rude, but regardless he isn't the most polite chap himself.

"...." (COME ON! BY CELESTIA WHEN IS THAT LINE SMALLER?!?!?!!) he was trying quite a bit not to let his frustration break out, but their "discussion" wasn't helping much...

"What kind of pony has a sword for a cutie mark, anyways?"

Midnight's eyes widened at this remark. The pony had unknowingly targeted her deepest sensitivity. Midnight disliked her cutie mark. Her name was Midnight Brand, and indeed the word brand was a term for a sword. The sword on Midnight's flank was another sort of brand to her however. While other ponies had pleasant things as their cutie marks, she had an instrument meant only for violence. It stood there forever representing the sort of life she had seen. That sword weighed her down with all her past ugliness and mistakes.

"That is not a topic you should pursue," said Midnight curtly, now clearly angered. She glared at the pony intensely as she essentially threatened the other. "I don't think you would like it very much if I were forced to show you the answer."

(well I feel it is time for Dusty to finely make it~ thinks for letting me in 303!)

With a cold wind and the passing shadow of clouds being moved over the group a large and dirty pony sits next to one wing as if the passing shadow drooped him off. he was just there. "hello one wing!" he takes his hat off and bows "sorry for being slow on getting here but you know how things can get it. Now Ah hope a-" his eyes fall on fly by "oh... it's you. How nice." Dusty gets up and walks up next to her with a less then happy look, it was clear he was not looking at some thing he liked "So, out here being your good old self?" he tosses a look over to Midnight "From her look ah say yes!" he walked over to her "Ah have never seen ya before. The name is Dusty!" he gives a vary deep bow "nice meeting some pony with a mark fitting of my home!" His shadow looks as if it's giggling but Dusty is not, he walks back to one wing and for the Bink of a eye his shadow is not following him "So one wing how are you?"

((if Dusty is making ever one feel off then ah did my job!))

~one-wing~

he secretly cursed in his head vigorously, "hey dusty..." if it wasn't bad enough before now it was worse, sure they were alright pals, but one-wing was stressed the fupp out. most certainly not the kind of mood to be talking to three ponies with various opinions... "its ok dust." he tried to stay quiet, talking himself wasn't going to help the situation, he just turned to face the cupcake house, hoping that they would lower their voices a tad, and that the cupcake store would stop being poohah full. perhaps he was regretting having come here already? (Of all people, of all the times, at any moment, HE HAD TO COME RIGHT NOW?!?) he closed his eyes, trying to calm down...giving a nearly silent sigh. "I'm doin' fine, really, yourself?"

Midnight was surprised to see yet another pony appear on the scene. While Fly By was the type of pony she clashed with, this pony seemed more the type she actively disliked. He just came off as a smug, insincere tough guy who likely had little respect for the law. He had the same reckless look in his eye that many of the criminals Midnight had encountered in her work had had in theirs. Midnight could just tell this pony was bad news.

More alarming was the fact that this pony somehow already knew the other two. How strange was that? Two ponies that were strangers and here they were greeted by a mutual acquaintance. It was a peculiar coincidence. Neither of them seemed particularly thrilled to be seeing this Dusty, however.

Midnight straightened herself, on guard as she stared at the unsavory looking pony. Her argument with the pegasus was completely forgotten. This pony was now her major concern. He just didn't look like he could be trusted. She stood at the ready, but didn't say a word to anypony.

Dusty looks all over then spins to look at his self "Why is ever one looking at me? some thing on me? cops? do ah have a bug on me!!??" he shakes tossing up a mist of dust and sand "ewww! ah hate bugs! AG!" he pants and looks his self over "did ah get it off? hope ah did!" he sits and drinks some thing "Ah was passing by after haling some junk and what luck! ah run in to ya one wing. How are ya? need some thing done?" he tosses a look over to Midnight "whats y'all's name?... hold on..." He looks at her hard "Nope ah don't know ya. Ya just like some other goody goods ah have ran in to. But no harm, ah'm clean! nothing in my duster!" he tosses it opens so she can see he has nothing to hide and even takes off his hat "Do danger at all. All ah have is my horn and hooves. And... nothing on my head. last crime ah did was years a go and ah got in jail for it." he looks rather sad at that "Ah'm a good pony now. My life of doing bad is over!" well that was a lie "So one wing, back to ya. Why the long look? ....oh... do ya not want me here? ah well go if ya want."

~one-wing~

he felt like clashing a face-hoof in his head so hard it would blow his brains out, but he resisted, baaairly. "no dusty ol' pal, I'm alright with you here. so long as ye ain't doin anytin bad." he sat there quietly for a bit. "meh heads just startin to spin that's awl..." he could usually handle city places alright, but trying to focus on three voices and three voices alone is not an easy task with all the other dang ponies around talking. "so," he turns to fly-by "how do you know dusty?" hoping to start a conversation without getting a much worse headache, he tried to keep a positive -or at least plain- look on his face.

Midnight was sure of it. The unicorn was lying through his teeth. The fact that the pegasus mare was making comments about the pony robbing others with a serious look on her face made it even more obvious.

"Goody goods?" Midnight certainly didn't get comments like that very often. Most ponies were put off by her cold, distant persona. Most took her for a shady character and kept their distance. She couldn't blame them; she had been forced to hurt a lot of others in her life... and until she lost Chaser, she enjoyed it. She supposed this pony was just overly conscious of her glare. He was probably trying to insult her in some roundabout way.

Her opinion of this pony remained low and she remained silent. She had nothing to really say. She was interested to know where these ponies had had their run in with this scoundrel though. She just stood there and listened.

((sorry for taking so long sick as can be!))

Dusty looks at ever one “ah feel so on wanted! But ah was… helping… some pony. And well as ah lift that fun fast as ah can long be hold here is one wing! So ah just had to stop by and say hi!” he tips his hat “is it a crime to do that? And yes… ah care not say how ah know fly by…“ he nods to one wing “but his story? That is a fun one ah well love tell ever one! If one wing his self don’t want to.”

~one-wing~

"tis an epic tale, size wise. and here isn't the best place to tell because of all the noi-" he was interupted as a old stallion came out of the muffin shop. "OI! HERES YE MUFFINS!!" the old stallion threw two bags of muffins, one to one-wing and another to fly-by. as the old stallion went back to his busy store, one-wing looked into his bag as his face turned to a rather evil, insane looking grin. with a slightly obsessive voice he said; "quadruple chocolet muffin~" smiling, pleased. one-wing put the muffin bag into his back pack, and coughs a little trying to get his mouth unwatery. "well, the story is rather long, but if dusty wishes to tell the story then it wouldn't hurt, but i might say somethings to it." (would be an interesting view to see how they felt of the tale.)

((ooc: sorry it took a bit, but dusty. the story ain't fin-screw it you started this topic in the rp, i assume you have a plan XD .... also bronies fo life etts yo turn.))

((ooc-edit-: sorry lost track, damn homework taint helpin one bit.))

((Well, technically it's my turn... Not that Midnight has a lot to do or say...))

Midnight just stood there frowning, half wondering why she didn't just leave these ponies be. She wasn't getting anything out of it. She just didn't have anything better to do. Wasted moments like this she truly despised. They were moments she could have been with Hopesong.

Still, she was here. She stood patiently, waiting to hear a story if one was going to be told.