Equestria Daily: Exclusive Season 1 Retrospective Interview with Lauren Faust

A fascinating insight into the show we all know and love.

Interesting points:

...Something I said on my dA page turned into an interesting Internet game of telephone; consequently' date=' a lot of fans now seem to think that I had a grand scheme for a big, dramatic, serialized magical-girl style of a show. Actually, it was always my intention to have the show partially “adventure stories†and partially “relationship stories,†as I called them in my initial pitch bible....

If we had penned more adventure stories, the only difference I can think of is that perhaps you would have seen more of Luna and Zecora. Zecora was designed to be a sage and mentor to whom the ponies could go for information about their quests. She was designed to be a second mentor to Twilight, but that didn’t come to pass. And Luna, though good, was meant to be associated with darkness and night - and these are considered (by some) to be iffy themes for a show for young girls - so she had to slide to the wayside.[/quote']

Not much to add to this except I think it's safe to say that Zecora will likely return in season 2 since she was supposed to play a much bigger role.

I will admit I still check in on EqD almost every day' date=' and I checked Ponychan when episodes premiered to get feedback. I consider them very valuable resources - and, frankly, fun! I also admit I’ve occasionally contributed to discussions, and I’ve even dropped a few spoilers for fun - yay for anonymity! I totally lurk, guys...so careful what you say! ;)[/quote']

Woah Nelly! She is among us! And dropping spoilers no less! She's so awesome.

You think maybe she's been here too...? YOO HOO! MRS. FAUST! GIVE US A WAVE! :D

• 3 weeks later...