S02EP01 - "The Return of Harmony, part 1"

Dat spoiler. Discord is mai hasubando.

That's 100% vintage "Q"! This is why John de Lancie was SO PERFECT to voice Discord!

Nobody does chaos better than Q!

- AJ's illusion in the 'grove of truth' (which wasn't a grove at all) is real. Events will happen just as AJ saw them. But the ponies will not be truly mad at each other.

I don't think so... Go back and rewatch it. The vision shows the Mane 6 all as Earth ponies, yet all pegasi and unicorns had their wings and horns returned by the end of the misadventure in the maze.

I don't think so... Go back and rewatch it. The vision shows the Mane 6 all as Earth ponies, yet all pegasi and unicorns had their wings and horns returned by the end of the misadventure in the maze.

No, I saw that, everypony had their wings and horns missing, except Twilight.

Who's to say they wont lose them again? And if it was an illusion that envisioned the ponies without their special parts, why was Twilight Sparkle lucky enough of have her horn in the illusion? The second best guess is that it's an animation flaw, but that's unlikely as well.

It may be because in order to play by "Discord's rules," they have to remove their parts temporarily using Twilight's magic.

illusionaj.png

No, I saw that, everypony had their wings and horns missing, except Twilight.

Who's to say they wont lose them again? And if it was an illusion that envisioned the ponies without their special parts, why was Twilight Sparkle lucky enough of have her horn in the illusion? The second best guess is that it's an animation flaw, but that's unlikely as well.

It may be because in order to play by "Discord's rules," they have to remove their parts temporarily using Twilight's magic.

illusionaj.png

The horn thing is definitely an animation flaw - when Twilight gets a "close-up" during that scene, her horn is missing. Moreover, when she turns to the right, she loses her horn for about 1-2 frames when she's facing ahead. Then gains it back.

Regardless, I'm not certain if the scene will come to pass.

• Like 1

The horn thing is definitely an animation flaw - when Twilight gets a "close-up" during that scene, her horn is missing. Moreover, when she turns to the right, she loses her horn for about 1-2 frames when she's facing ahead. Then gains it back.

Regardless, I'm not certain if the scene will come to pass.

Very interesting. I didn't see the other frames of Twilight. My only further speculation is that things arent seen in the correct order. Much of this is very frustrating to me. It's like they give us all these clues. But then, we may find out that they're not clues at all. If this scene has that animation flaw, then I would say that I would be very disappointed, especially since the mistake can be explained with, "Because Discord was messing with AJ's mind."

I still think the characters cutie marks has the answer. But if it ends up that the elements are back in the Everfree again, for some reason that would make me upset, because we had already established before that the elements weren't just objects, but that they reside in the ponies themselves. And if we find out Luna was compromised in order to get the elements of harmony, it will be devastating.

<sigh>

So many questions and not enough answers.

I guess we'll just have to see...

As old as DIscord has been around, I think he'd know that...in the words of Rafiki, they "live...in you." He probably has some masterplan set-up just in case they find them. All good villains do, and Discord is definitely a "good villain." The question is: will this be a big boss battle finale...or something happening that'll affect the entire season?

That feeling when watching season two for the first time on livestream... <3

I felt it moved a little fast, especially towards the beginning, but the character of discord was near flawless and Faust did well as always. A marvelous start to the season.