S02EP01 - "The Return of Harmony, part 1"

Greetings! Well it is that wonderful time of the year again, FiM season! :)

This is the official thread for chatting about the first episode of Season Two - The Return of Harmony, part 1. Video is now available, 720i HD full length, commercial free, and captioned! :D

:AJ::Flutter::Pinkie:Enjoy! :RDash::Rarity::TSparkle:

Finally finished.

-Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy all get turned gray. Special mention to Fluttershy, who Discord had to zap himself to get to her (I.E he "cheated").

-Rainbow Dash is the one who breaks the rules and makes the others lose the game.

-A storm of chaos is supposed to be starting now.

-Cliffhanger! Another week before everything is answered! FFUUUUUU-

-The CMC and the class don't make any other appearance except in the intro.

Will post my full review of the episode when I see it in high quality.

Cheerilee – Always with the title drops!

DON'T GIVE THE ANIMALS CHOCOLATE!

Srs bsns Celestia.

CELESTIA FINALLY MENTIONS LUNA FFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

—With our powers combined!

Mah horn is a key!

Gosh dangit Celestia, you too with the title drop!

lol at Discord being unable to troll Fluttershy.

Discord, Y U TITLE DROP TOOOOOO???

What have we learned so far?

First, that before Luna became Nightmare Moon, she and Celestia used the Elements of Harmony to defeat Discord. Secondly, that Discord DID rule Equestria for an 'eternal' time at least 1000 years ago (probably more). Third, Celestia is NOT perfect, she lost the Elements of Harmony to Discord. Fourth, Discord is described as a 'spirit' so he must possess very powerful magic/illusion powers. Fifth, even the Cutie Mark Crusaders sometimes don't get along with one another. Sixth, Discord is a mschievious spirit because if he wasn't, why wouldn't he just DESTROY the Elements of Harmony himself and take over Equestria NOW? Seventh, the Mane Six now are connected/control the Elements of Harmony (instead of the Princess Sisters).

I loved Discord, especially how he has the power to do whatever but would rather play mind games in an act of hubris. I loved the first scene where he spoke to them in the stained glass.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be outside in the chocolate puddles with a giant swizzlestraw.

Hoo-boy, this was a good-un. I was on the edge of my seat. Wrote some notes down as I was watching, so here goes:

Yay, DT and SS are back, with Twist too! No lines for any of them though.

Arg, that creepy beating heart of Discord ._.

Essay on Discord: "Discord is the worlds greatest troll"

Lol, crazy pink clouds causing chocolate rain? No wonder Pinkie is happy.

Creepy bunnies o_o

Serious Celestia is so badass. Many mentions of Luna, but no appearance. :(

Haha, Pinkie and Discord is now my OTP.

Ugh, the losing of the wings/horns is still creepy to me. Surprised the ponies weren't wore bothered by it during the episode. I was certain Twi and Dash would go insane :/

Fluttershy... oh gods she needs a hug! T_T

And then AJ enters that one level of IWBTG where the apples try to kill you.

No dammit AJ! It's a trap! *insert Ackbar here*

'ey what!? Hypnosis is cheating, Discord you plothole!

Haha, litteral puppet strings though. That's funny, I'll give him that.

AJ you are a terrible liar. Also: Scrunchy face!

Oh gods those balloons are creepy o_o

Y'see Pinkie, I can't sympathise. This is what you get for pulling all those pranks.

Huh. It's like she's Pinkamena now, but with curly hair.

Wow, Rarity is seriously strong :o

Haha, Fluttershy beat Discord by simply being herself!... Aww c'mon dude, she beat you. Cheater!

Ugh, Hypnosis is so damn cheap! Screw you Discord!

Wings in a box ._.

Bye Dash... ¬_¬

Welp, I hate Discord. I guess that makes him a good villain. I'm certainly gonna take pleasure in watching the ponies beat you next week. At least he was nice enough to give them their wings and horns back.

Seriously though, cool episode.

It's not natural for me to be up this early, but for FiM I made an exception. Just watched it, and I gotta say I'm pretty pleased.

Discord is awesome. Seriously. His voice, his pony trolling and his general attitude are just great.

Ceslestia's attitude in this episode is kind of badass, but she is kind of the screw up in terms of her actions. Leaving a statue that important where it can easily be broken by school fillies, losing the elements, then just leaving everything to the other ponies....

I love Rarity's antics in this episode. Just everything she said in this episode was awesome. Pinkie had a lot of fun lines too.

Appeljack really is a silly pony. I mean, those apple creatures? Why does she so easily believe what those freaky things show her? I mean, with the other ponies it's at least a little more plausible... But come on, Aj...

Fluttershy was great, provoking the brainstorming almost immediately. Cruel Fluttrshy just seems so wrong...

Poor Rainbow Dash. actually given a very serious moral dilemma. I really almost can't blame her.

Episode 2 needs to be here now. I hate cliffhangers.

So yeah, awesome episode.

And now I'll probably go back to sleep :sleep:

I loved that episode! I had to wake up at 4:30am to watch it a 6:00am...but it was friggin worth it! I loved everything they had in the episode that could be made into image macros or gifs (for example: Chocolate Rain, Discord shuffling on Twilights head, etc.) I can't wait for the next episode :smile:

Man, anybody who was previously booing Discord for not being dark or threatening (and trust me, they were) just hasn't seen the first episode yet. Seriously, this guy is amazing, way more of a threat than Nightmare Moon was. What did she do, turn the sky dark for a few hours? She was only dark after everyone OPed her in their grimdark fanfics. Then Discord comes in and in the span of ten minutes turns everyone into anti-versions of themselves that hate each other. Oh yeah, and the candy themed chaos thing going on. Which... well honestly that doesn't seem too bad and OH MY GOD SLENDER BUNNIES WHAT THE FUUUUU-

Eagerly awaiting a song next episode, either from Twilight (to bring her friends back together) or Discord (singing cheerfully about spreading destruction and chaos). It shall be amazing. Also Luna, while not making an appearance, at least gets mentioned. I am a happy brony.

Art/Fics I'm now looking forward to seeing:

Anything with PsychoJack or Cruellashy (I'm copyrighting that! *_*).

Discord/Pinkie Pie. Seriously. I'm imagining a story where Discord takes over and makes Pinkie Pie his Queen 'cos she's the only one that'll laugh at his jokes without being threatened.

Stuff about Discord's previous reign and/or Luna & Celestia's battle against him.

Slendermane + bunnies. It'll happen.

Oh and.... Can't believe I didn't pick up on this before but...

Rarity's destiny is a rock. XD

Pic related but spoilered for... questionableness:

59284%20-%20artist%3Asharpy%20grayrity%20rarity%20rock%20rocky_sr.png

I don't think the CMC ACTUALLY caused the release of discord. It was just a way to highlight his escape to the audience, an application of dramatic irony. As Celestia mentioned, now that the elements are bonded to different wielders, the spell she had maintained expired.