Any Working Ponies Out There?

PurpleHaze

Currently, my local Barnes and Noble. I'm... okay with the work. Sometimes, the customers drive me berserk, ESPECIALLY if I'm working in the cafe. I like my work even less now that hours have been viciously slashed. But the majority of my coworkers I adore. I love handling the books. I also love being one of the two people responsible for keeping the graphic novels and manga all straight.

Howdy, I work at a video game store. I usually work in the evening on weekdays and afternoons on weekends. And, before ya'll say anything, working at a video game store ain't all fun and games... 75% of the time maybe, but more often than not, you are behind the counter trying to explain to a 15 year old why you can't sell him an M rated game aimed at 17+, or explaining to a parent what is meant by "Partial Nudity" or full-out naughty bits while they are buying GTA or God of War for their 8-9 year old... And then they just stare at ya as if ya just accused them of being a bad parent.

Don't get me wrong though, overall I like it, but I just don't love it. I mean, I like video games and I like my co-workers because they are fun to talk to, and I'm used to dealing with irate customers but... oh the deary customers, how they do enjoy messing up a store. Not complaining, its just that I like to think if you take something off a shelf and decide you don't want it, you simply put it back where you got it from. I spend 40 minutes every night after closing rearranging the display walls, finding game cases on the floor, taking 360 games (green boxes) out of the Wii section (white boxes) and trying to figure out why people stick PS3 boxes in with the Strategy Guides. Also, its impossible to keep anything alphabetized, it can take well over an hour to finish a section only for it to last 30 minutes.

Still, I get a discount on my games, so I guess I can't complain too much :P

I mean, I like video games and I like my co-workers because they are fun to talk to, and I'm used to dealing with irate customers but... oh the deary customers, how they do enjoy messing up a store. Not complaining, its just that I like to think if you take something off a shelf and decide you don't want it, you simply put it back where you got it from. I spend 40 minutes every night after closing rearranging the display walls, finding game cases on the floor, taking 360 games (green boxes) out of the Wii section (white boxes) and trying to figure out why people stick PS3 boxes in with the Strategy Guides. Also, its impossible to keep anything alphabetized, it can take well over an hour to finish a section only for it to last 30 minutes.

Still, I get a discount on my games, so I guess I can't complain too much :P

Preaching to the choir.

I work in Alaska between the end of April (right about now, yes; I just finished my first week) til the beginning of October. That is: TOURIST SEASON-n-n-n. If you have ever been lucky enough to take a cruise to Alaska the chances are very high that you've been in my summer town, as we're the furthest northern port on the Inside Passage. 2011 is my third season/summer up here and I find I enjoy it very much!

As for what I actually do, I run a small buffet line at an outdoor dinner theatre/salmon bake outfit. It's pretty easy work, although it's outdoors; I have lots of convenient roofed patios to hang out in, and the huge central fire where we grill the salmon where one can warm up cold fingers.

Winter sees me safely ensconced in my Pacific Northwest home, supporting myself on commissions and part time odd jobs. Or unemployment, possibly! It varies from year to year with what's available.

What I wanna know from everyone is: do you co-workers know about your My Little Pony obsession?

Mine do. it's hard not to when there's a pony staring you down.

There is quite the assortment of toys on my desk ranging from a

Bob's Big Boy Bank 41784_139491839416424_5119_q.jpg

to The Mighty Boosh mightybooshfigvinceset.jpgmightybooshfighowardset.jpg

with some Thundercats and She-ra in bwtween. Nobody bats an eye, which is a little hilarious because I work for a major corporation.

My coworkers know, mainly because I ask them in round-about ways that they should watch it. "Hey, if a kids show made a clear Icarus myth legend, you'd watch it, right? How about Benny Hill?"

I'm the only person I know who is genuinely excited by this show. It's lonely. It also makes me feel like I'm insane sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...

I currently work part time at a Shop rite. My postetion is maintanice because Im sadly not a very good people person. I cant handle standing still in one place since I find that boring, and relaly prefer to work with my hands and do phsycial work. So, I have to empty the trash cans, clean down the bathrooms (Most of the tiem, the bathrooms arent messy), and sweep up the halls. It can be annoying cause as of now, maintance is a in demand job so they use me for very heavy hours. In fact, in a few hours I have to go to work for an 8 hour shift. Its gonna make my summer classes for algerbra diffuclt.

Work hard ponies!

Those jobs where you earn monies for not doing particually much ARE out there!

I work as a publisher, 9-5 in an office. Today I had two emails to send and I updated some pictures on the company website. I had nothing else to do. The rest of the time I spent on TVTropes, Failblog and this site.

Most boring day EVER. Work keeps my mind busy. I don't mind doing nothing at all, as long as I at least get to do it in the comfort of my own home.

I intend to look for a new job very soon...

Work hard ponies!

Those jobs where you earn monies for not doing particually much ARE out there!

I work as a publisher, 9-5 in an office. Today I had two emails to send and I updated some pictures on the company website. I had nothing else to do. The rest of the time I spent on TVTropes, Failblog and this site.

Most boring day EVER. Work keeps my mind busy. I don't mind doing nothing at all, as long as I at least get to do it in the comfort of my own home.

I intend to look for a new job very soon...

I too work at a publisher. This will be my life as soon as these courses are wrapped up.

I coworkers know, if in passing. Mainly because one also goes to 4chan. The others, it's because I ask brief questions like "If a cartoon made a reference to the myth of Icarus, would you watch?" or "When was the last time you saw a cartoon drop an anvil?".

I had thought about that myself, but all the hints I have given had come back showing the negative, that the program is dismissed outright as some "silly little girls show". For myself I used the excuse my nieces love MLP as an excuse to bring it up. I also drop little phrases such as "needs to be 20% cooler". Sadly I am the only bronie at $employer and my coworkers would view my fannish devotion as something bizarre if they found out. So a closet bronie I stay.

I currently work full time for an Insurance Company in Central Mass. I'm in our company's IT department seem to wear many hats (which has its pros and cons at times). Spend a good portion of my time either developing or running reports for leadership and upper level managers. Get to do some financial analysis and support one of the applications we use for project planning. Not a bad job, but get pulled in all directions at times.