Doctor Who

So, last night's episode. Awesome, or SO AWESOME?

I loved the "all history at once" bit. That scene in London and the train to "Area 52" were both fantastic, even if the CG was a little blatant.

And the "first question" at the end. So obvious, and yet I'd never have thought of it.

Doctor Who? Literally the first question ever in the series since it's in the title! Genius!

Its it just me or has the past 2 series been incredibly.......bad. Every signal episode has some out of place 'love' scene thats just painful to watch. The into at the start is annoying and its just feels less doctor who-ey (that's a word now). I've been watching it since Christopher Eccleston (9th) and with these new episodes i don't get the same feeling (You know the one) anymore.

Now i just remembered the best line from the 9th Doctor series.

tumblr_les1n1M6hc1qdynl6o1_500.gif

Are you my mummy?

• 2 weeks later...

Its it just me or has the past 2 series been incredibly.......bad. Every signal episode has some out of place 'love' scene thats just painful to watch. The into at the start is annoying and its just feels less doctor who-ey (that's a word now). I've been watching it since Christopher Eccleston (9th) and with these new episodes i don't get the same feeling (You know the one) anymore.

I'm assuming you mean the past two series with the 11th Doctor (series 5 and 6). I actually enjoy Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor, he's very fun without being as serious as David Tennant's Doctor. The problem is the new head writer, Steven Moffat. He keeps overusing silly nonsensical 'timey-wimey' resolutions to every plot; he plays loose with the continuity and he writes the Doctor as someone who doesn't take anything seriously. Fun is good as long as it's balanced with some serious moments. He did good on one off episodes from before (Blink was fantastic) but it seems when he's in charge of the whole operation Moffat gets a little crazy. Also too much River Song.

I'm just disappointed that after the Christmas Special we're not getting any more Dr. Who until next fall. :scream:

Now i just remembered the best line from the 9th Doctor series.

tumblr_les1n1M6hc1qdynl6o1_500.gif

Are you my mummy?

Really?

I thought the fifth series, the first with Matt Smith, was amazing. Definitely a lot more involved.

I have not watched the sixth, yet but I have heard bad things about it.

David Tennant was the best all-around though.

Granted I've only seen the 9th, 10th, and 11th.

Not even that many of the 9th.

That comic is right.

Really?

I thought the fifth series, the first with Matt Smith, was amazing. Definitely a lot more involved.

I have not watched the sixth, yet but I have heard bad things about it.

David Tennant was the best all-around though.

Granted I've only seen the 9th, 10th, and 11th.

Not even that many of the 9th.

That comic is right.

Yes, i just find them boring and painful to watch. I suppose it is the new writer. My advice? Ditch Amy and Rory for good. I find them redundant.

Keep in mind i won't stop watching them, only because i like the doctor.

And the Daleks. Who look like they've been manufactured by Apple.

http://tvovermind.za...returning/61178

Amy and Rory will NOT be returning next season.  Speculation is that yes, River Song will be the companion, but who knows?  Maybe Captain Jack Harkness will come back?  Anyway, Season Six isn't all bad...yeah, some episodes weren't all that, but I do love the second half of the season (and A Good Man Goes to War...that was pretty interesting by way of revelations).  We won't know any more about the series until Christmas at the earliest, though.

Amy and Rory will NOT be returning next season. Speculation is that yes, River Song will be the companion, but who knows? Maybe Captain Jack Harkness will come back?

None of these are good things. I liked Amy and Rory. Best companions so far. Seriously...

(last season spoiler)

Rory punched Hitler.

That's awesome. I don't like River and am neutral to Captain Jack. :/

Yeah, Amy and Rory have been the most interesting companions since Rose first appeared. Captain Jack is alright but I think he works best in one-shot appearances. Too much of him and he could quickly become obnoxious and annoying. I'm looking at you River Song.

Though I heard Amy and Rory were returning for the next series, they just wouldn't be there full time. I think I recall Karen Gillian at least confirming at SDCC she would be back for some of the series. And we can't have Amy without Rory. I imagine they'll appear for some episodes before toddling off to a boring Earth life like the rest of us live. It's probably best for some new companions to appear anyway; if the companion stays on too long then she could become stale and boring. I'm looking at you Rose Tyler.

• 1 month later...

YAY!

DOCTOR WHO!

130932728696.jpg

All the disliking on characters and writers... :cry:

Can't we all just like the show for the amazing messages and times it has brought to our mundane lives?

I get there will always be someone whom we don't really like - be them one of the Doctor's incarnations(I'm not that fond of Six myself), a companion, a writer, etc - but without them we wouldn't have this amazing life-changing show.

<3

---

Anyway...

My two favorite characters are the Doctor and River Song and they are my OTP - their story is just so tragic and their interactions with each other always make me all giggly or really sad.

Along with Amy/Rory.

Because without them there would be no River for the Doctor to love.

It's a little funny because at first I didn't like River at all - being a fan that was in love with the Doctor and wanting him for herself - but as soon as I watched an episode with her in it I fell in love with the character. Not to mention I now have a straight girl Fem!Crush of Alex Kingston.

:blush:

Eleven is my favourite face of the Doctor's and I class him as My Doctor - mostly because, even though I had seen other Doctors before becoming a Whovian, he was the first Doctor I watched all the episodes of(this was back when there was only season 5 out).

I've also seen all of Nine now and I'm catching up with Ten.

And one day I shall start to watch the Classic!Who.

I thank one of my best friends, whom I class as a younger brother, for really getting me into Doctor Who earlier this year and in doing so I've become a full Whovian - I'd always known/liked the show because my dad was a fan.

---

Now for all my Whovian Bronies...

Watch in fullscreen

Also...

No, this is not me... I'm way too shy and don't have a decent video camera.

And if you want more where they came from then here is my Doctor Who Youtube Playlist.

And if any of you are on Tumblr then here is my Blog - pretty much all Doctor Who!

N-No Amy?

But she's like the hottest red-head EVER.

NOTHING IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD ANYMORE.

Don't want to edit my last post again because of the youtube videos disappearing.

I heard that Matt, Karen and Arthur had signed up for another season.

I might be wrong but that's what I heard.

• 4 weeks later...