Episode 29 "Lesson Zero" airing October 15th. [UPDATED-9/27]

Hippo

Yay. It's confirmed for 2 weeks away. That's pretty good considering it could have been so much worse. ;-)

This episode sounds like it will be a fun Twilight episode. I am quite intrigued now. :)

Frustrated Twilight is best Twilight.

I'm glad we aren't having to wait until the end of the month. Or December.

Not surprised to hear this.

Keep in mind ORIGINALLY Season 2 wasn't planned to start till January 2012.

Think Hasbro 'jumped the gun' to keep interest up, especially among the adult crowd.

Noooooo....actually, TV animation is almost always still in production when the season starts airing. It was the same for Season 1. That's why the production crew intentionally started "derping" Derpy's eyes starting with Feeling Pinkie Keen, because Season 1 was still in production when it started airing, and it was in production for some time.

It still is true that Season 2 will be in production until December. We just won't see those episodes till much, much later. :)

There is absolutely no reason they must wait until all the episodes air before they start airing the ones that have already been completed. In fact, if Hasbro greenlights Season 3, we can expect that writing for the new episodes will begin soon. Why do they do it this way? These cartoons are made in an assembly-line fashion, with episodes in varying stages of completion. You don't want to let go of your storyboarders or animators or writers, only to have to hunt them down again later when you need them. It's easier to keep them in one's employ if they are kept busy. :)

Heartmend is right, the creation progress doesn't end until December but that just means that is when the final episode of season two is completed (which likely won't air until May). I was expecting October 29th myself, so getting the next one on the 15th is just bonus and I can wait the two weeks. :)

... anyone up for a raid on Hasbro to get the S02E03 files?

*puts on ski-mask and breaks window of Hasbro headquarters*

I know this wasn't serious, but stealing the episodes before they air is not the best way to encourage them to keep making more of them. :P

Oh wait? We ain't doing this then?

Meh... I'll just take office supplies then.

I don't regret seeing all of the spoilers on EqD.com and such before the premiere. I do however, hope that less spoilers will be released so that the guessing game is more fun.

I don't regret seeing all of the spoilers on EqD.com and such before the premiere. I do however, hope that less spoilers will be released so that the guessing game is more fun.

You just gotta be real careful about where you're looking when an episode is up and coming. XD It would be nice if EqD had a spoiler free mode, though.

You just gotta be real careful about where you're looking when an episode is up and coming. XD It would be nice if EqD had a spoiler free mode, though.

Maybe I wasn't as EqD.com crazy last Spring, but I can't remember heavy spoilers for the last episodes of season 1 like they did with the season 2 premiere. The only thing that was released, it seemed, was the episode title and plot description, which is usually just as easily deciphered by looking at the name of the episode alone. Also, it's much more prevalent spoiling a plot for an episode with continuity, than it is for an episode that features the spice of life and lesson learned stuff.

hi hi

I think part of it was that there were a lot fewer spoilers leaked by the development team itself near the end of season 1. The "find the differences game," was practically the only preview imagery we got of the last couple episodes, but in the lead up to season 2, they seemed to be making an effort to get people excited.

ok this is getting retarded,

c'mon people, is it THAT difficult to please please please pleaaaase tag those damned spoilers??

sorry, but if you're that concerned about it, don't read a topic called "Episode 29 "Lesson Zero" airing October 15th.

You know, it's pretty much impossible to hide from spoilers any more. EqD just posts them right out in the open and fans everywhere talk about them. Granted, I wasn't really in the fandom last year or anything (I only first saw MLP at the end of May) so maybe it's always been like this. *shrugs*