Episode 29 "Lesson Zero" airing October 15th. [UPDATED-9/27]

Hippo

Unfortunately, looking at a few TV listings sites who have updated for the next two Saturdays, The Hub is reairing Return to Harmony On the 1st of October, which means episode 3 wont be airing for at least two weeks after the second part of Return to Harmony.

If season 2's schedule releases like season 1, we may not see Season 2 Episode 3 until October 29th.

Update: 9/26 - The premier is re-airing it's second part on the 8th in the 9am slot. No new ponies until the 15th, at the earliest.

Update: 9/27 - Episode 29 will air October 15th.

They had some of the animator or storyboard artists or something like that on the liveshow marathon extravaganza of the Bronyville-show, and they said that they are still in midst of production for season 2. And that was last weekend. So I'm not terribly surprised.

yeah, i was listening to that too. They were like, "Yeah, we're excited about season 2, but, guess what guys, we're not done yet..."

Not surprised to hear this.

Keep in mind ORIGINALLY Season 2 wasn't planned to start till January 2012.

Think Hasbro 'jumped the gun' to keep interest up, especially among the adult crowd.

I doubt it works like that for any cartoon. I don't think the networks ever wait until everything is done before they start airing a show. It seems typical that they would still have a lot of work to do after the season premiere.

Personally, I'm optimistic we won't have to wait too long on episode 3.

Well I hope they at least have the second half of "The Return Of Harmony" air next week before they have the longer gap

Yeah, THAT part is still planned. They're just gonna take a bit of a break. The beginning two parts were made during the first season, as was mentioned prior. It's just the final touched on Season 2 have yet to be completed.

The first two episodes of this season were done during production of season 1. They were originally slotted to cap season 1, and were pushed back to season 2 by Hasbro. So they're done.

I don't know why everypony keeps thinking that. They were done before the rest of season 2, of course. But they were never part of season 1. One of the Brony Show's interviews during the marathon had a storyboard artist who explained that they though it was originally going to be a straight to DVD release, but later turned into the season 2 premiere.

Also, here's proof that it was never part of season 1:

Taken from https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OBLs8pPPMCGTTC3GQ1Ic-MYrsfDNzoAPmCjaDgNIOlA/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1#, which is the transcript of the awesome interview Tek and Phoe had with show-runner Jayson Thiessen:

Tek: Ok, first of all, the first episode. Was it a postponed season 1 episode, and if so why was it postponed?

JT: Ah, no. It was always part of season 2. We were producing season 1 and 2 back to back, so it wasn’t... Nothing was postponed. We just knew that the premiere episodes were so epic that we wanted to make sure we had extra time to do them.

Phoe: Oh, wow.

Tek: Ok.

JT: We wanted to keep our staff onboard as well, you know, because sometimes between seasons, people, they finish their contract and there’s time in between, and they end up at another studio or in another job, so... We wanted to keep people around as long as possible so it was like a good way to keep as many people as possible on staff so that we could bridge the gap between the two seasons.

Tek: Ok, so not only were you working on the pilot and the two-part intro to season 1, but you had that epic storyline script and working for season 2. So you were really not just juggling 26 episodes, you were juggling 28 or more, more or less.

JT: Yeah, correct. Correct.

from MLP's wikia:

Showrunner Jayson Thiessen has stated that while the two episodes were produced at the tail-end of the first season, they were always supposed to be part of season two. This was done to shorten the production hiatus and to keep on as many of the show's staff as possible. Lauren Faust notes that the episode's writing was completed before the series premiered, and was not created or altered as a reaction to the fanbase.

Judging my this, I would say that episode 3 of season 2 would be what I call the 'brony premier'. It would seem that it will be the first episode that was written after the realization of the MLP brony fandom. It'll be interesting when it does air, to see what elements are noticeably different. Unless they knock something outta the park, I hope that change is minimal.

October 8th's listings are out, and it doesn't look any better. :(

tvlistings1.png

Hopefully, they are only re-premiering the Return of Harmony once before they continue on to episode three. This would mean airing on October 15th.

Yay. It's confirmed for 2 weeks away. That's pretty good considering it could have been so much worse. ;)

This episode sounds like it will be a fun Twilight episode. I am quite intrigued now. :)