The After-Race Party [Open]

BaconofChaos

"That's for the best, they sting like, ow!" Zephyr was trying to pull the hornet stinger out of his rump with little success. He looked to be ignoring Holly in favor of that. He wasn't meaning to, the stingers had just dug in deeper, and were starting to sting more. He definitely must've sat on them after he ate that delicious strawberry. He must've looked silly curled up the way he did, reaching back in a vain attempted to get those stingers out. The possible ridiculousness of it wasn't a concern, stopping that prodding pain in the flank was on his mind. On the other hoof, he didn't want to be rude to the lovely mare before him.

He overheard her saying that he could have as many strawberries as he liked. His attention was split, he had a willful desire to get on the mares good side, though it wasn't something Zephyr was good at, and he also wanted those stingers out. He replied to her while trying to reach back to remove them.

"Thanks uh..." He glances at her momentarily. "Holly Dash, right?" And returns to his fruitless task. "But I won't eat too many, and they're really more than delicious, they're..." He stops and ponders a moment. "Well I don't really know the word." Again, attempting to remove the stingers while trying to compliment the mare. "But you really do make the best strawberries." Stopping to look back at Holly. "Probably the best in all of Equestria." His task of removing the stingers and his divided attention was proving to be difficult and he stops his wasteful attempts with the stingers and returns his attention to Holly Dash, most anyway. He wanted to ask for her help, but he felt awkward when the thought surfaced and instead, chose to try and ignore the prickly feeling in his rump.

He sits down carefully, facing Holly Dash. "Sorry, I can't seem to get them loose, I'll try again later." He took a strawberry out from the basket and plopped the fruit into his mouth, tasting the sweet fruity sugary mixed flavor. It was a perfect blend and Zephyr was quite enjoying himself. The scenery was nice. The sun shined warmly on the two ponies in the woods, while a gentle breeze whisked through their mane and tail. It was quite the perfect afternoon out there with a beautiful mare and great food... or at least it would be perfect. That prickly feeling was bothersome and with his previous display, he probably looked foalish to the mare.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hollydashcharacter.png

Holly's eyes brightened, and her pupils swelled wide, gleaming with joy, "The best...in...EQUESTRIA?!?!" She squeaked, and hopped up and down, her mane and tail bouncing as she did, "Oh, thank you thank you thank you thank you!!"

She grinned widely at him, eyes wet with joy, "That's my dream, y'know. Someday I want everypony to know about my fruit--even the princess herself!"

She turned away, lost in her own thoughts, and looked to the sky, daydreaming, "Someday all of Equestria--no no--the whole wide WORLD, even the places Zebras come from and the far away cities in the clouds--will all know of my fruit! And every wealthy pony on earth will want it served on their table! And then I'll have so many bits, and have a green house and....."

She stopped herself, and looked back at the stallion, who seemed a bit at a loss, and with a sore flank, "Oh. I'm so sorry! I kind of went off into my own little world there." She smiled sheepishly, blushing a bit, "I'll uh...I'll get those stingers out for you, no problem."

Her horn lit up with the yellow color of her magic, and then so did his flank. She blushed a little. Magic was sort of an extension of yourself, and right now...it was touching this stallion's rump. So....she was touching this stallion's rump. She did her best to quickly 'pluck pluck pluck' out the various stingers--there was surprisingly many, and she did not stop at just his flanks, but felt around on any skin where she could see the rosy hint of a sting. Finally satisfied, she released the magic hold on his rump, and realized with an embarrassed blush that she had had his rear end floating in the air.

"Oh...sorry about that....I'm no nurse-pony, but I think I got all of them..." She rubbed one front leg with the hoof of the other awkwardly, "You could have asked, though. It's perfectly alright to ask for assistance if you need it."

Shanna nickered thoughtfully as she got a look of putting 2 and 2 together. She suddenly had a fair idea of what was going on but would not tell Mojo just yet, It would only upset him to know he put his hoof in it again. She thought *..At least I dont think he would be upset about the fillyfooling, being the pony of live and let live after all, just that he may have upset a partner in a relationship...*

She nudged him with a wing "Lets keep an eye open in case they come back, for now, lets dance."

Hoss smiled as he danced with his new steady "I guess Mojo is groovy enough to dance to anything."

He looked back to his hind leg as they danced on air 'It's doing much better, thanks to Starflower, thanks."

Without much notice, the mare's horn began to glow. With her statement, "I'll uh...I'll get those stingers out for you, no problem." he knew what she was doing. Suddenly his back end felt weird, as if somepony was feeling around his rump. His back end lifted up a bit, which caused him to lose his balance for a moment, and he quickly pawed at the ground with his fore-hooves a few times. Once he realized he wasn't going to fall, he relaxed somewhat, there was still the fact that she was feeling around his back end with her magic. He had to admit to himself, that despite it being a little awkward which caused him to blush, it felt rather nice. He looked at the mare exclusively at first, forgetting what it was she set out to do, and silently enjoying this little feat, till the first 'pluck' occurred. Zephyr didn't yelp, but it certainly sent a shock around the area the stinger was removed. He changed his glance to his rump, which was slightly elevated.

Now that he remembered what she was doing, he braced himself for the next few that would be removed. Small stings shocked the areas again, around where she removed the stingers. She had removed them all rather quickly, but for some reason she didn't stop searching. Perhaps she didn't know they were all removed and wanted to make sure they were all out. Zephyr didn't protest and returned his glance to the mare, letting her decide when to stop. He certainly wasn't going to stop her early now that all the stingers were removed. He figured she was just being thorough in her search, but just then, he felt her magic reach to his inner thigh. He tensed up his front end in reaction, digging his fore-hooves into the soft grass a bit. Why was she searching there? Was it a mistake, was she really being that thorough, or was she flirting? Zephyr couldn't tell. His face grew warm and a deep red blush could be seen, even through Zephyr's dark green pelt color. He didn't ask and didn't have much time to think about it before she stopped her 'search and pluck' spell.

He noticed her nervously rubbing her front legs together and smiled while he waited for her to finish her statement. "You definitely got them all." He glanced back to his rump, which he had planted on the ground once again. Small red spots could be seen where he was stung, but it was nothing bad. Zephyr looked back over to Holly, smiling. He gave a sigh of relief as the prickly feeling was gone. "Thanks for that, it would've taken me forever to get them out." He thinks back to what she said while he was busy trying to remove the stingers, somewhat remembering what she said. "You want to present your fruit to the Princess'? That sounds really nice. I've never had any ambitions quite like that. I hope you get to do that, it would be uh... interesting to do that." He taps a hoof to his chin. "You want to bring them to Cloudsdale?"

gallery_299_36_19085.png

It was getting darker still. The forest was a tricky place to navigate at the best of times, especially off the beaten path where Bon Bon had rushed into. Pushing her way through the brush, Lyra did her best to follow the pink and indigo tail that was winding through the distant trees. After eventually losing sight of her friend, the unicorn stopped to take a quick rest. The running of the leaves had taken a lot out of her, all she really wanted to do was lie down and sleep. "Bon Bon? You here?" she shouted. She waited. No response.

She walked forwards further into the woods. Looking back, she could barely make out where the party was being held, the only indication being that lanterns were now being lit around Ponyville. Suddenly, the unicorn's ears detected a sound. It was close by, but it was hard to tell where it was coming from. "Bon Bon?". Again, no response. Until a few moments later when she heard the scream.

"Wa...Wa..WAAAAAAAGH!!!!" *CRRSSSH*

Lyra didn't waste any time rushing over to her friend, doing her best to extract the stuggling earth pony from the prickly brambles. "Oh my gosh, Bonnie are you okay!?" she asked. At first she was panicked, thinking that maybe Bon Bon had broken a leg in her fall... or worse. But when she saw that Bon Bon was okay Lyra embraced her tightly, pulling her friend into a bear hug, made awkward and painful by the spiky brambles that now covered the pair of them. "Oh thank goodness! -ow- I thought for a -ow- second that you'd been hurt! -ow-" she let go and pulled back to look at Bon Bon face to face. She suddenly began blushing again, but forced herself to not look away again. Now what? What do I say? she thought, her nerves getting the best of her. "Bon Bon- I- er-" c'mon Lyra, think! "I- I'm not mad. About what happened, I mean. With the- um... y'know." No! Do it right! "I-I-I mean... it was a shock... but..." Say it! SAY IT! Lyra swallowed her nerves and took a deep breath. "I don't mind... I... liked it..." she said. Her face was bright red and sweat was almost pouring off her brow. Now to see how Bon Bon would respond. Did that kiss mean something... or was it just an accident?

(ooc): Lost track of the posting order, I think I'm up, but if I'm not, I'm sorry....

As Mojo danced with Shanna, he spotted Lyra and Bon Bon together. It was now that everything became clear to the hippie brony.

"Shanna, I think I know what's going on with those two now," he whispered sadly, "wish I'd realized it sooner."

As Mojo lowered his head in sadness, Jubilee was still having a fun time dancing with Hoss in the air.

"This is sure one thing we have over Earth ponies and unicorns! We Pegasi can dance ABOVE the dance floor! What plans do you and your sister have for after the dance? Will you both have to return to the Weather Patrol?"

Shanna sighed and gave Mojo a gentle hug "Oh Mojo, I'm so sorry. I's been one of those days for you, but dont' let it get you down... I think you finally got them together and admitting what they feel." She decided to change the subject. "I thought I heard somepony say something about a giant spider where you were in the race. Did you see it?"

Meanwhile, Hoss smiled as he danced with Jubilee above the dance floor. "We have no plans for the evening. The Weather Patrol scheduled everything so there's only a minimal crew tonight, and even that made of some of the race spectators. Shanna raced today and I'm laid up, but was slated to race today as well, so we're not even on the astronomers schedule for tonight or tomorrow." He leaned in closer "Shanna has already taken advantage of the schedue earlier this week and arranged a date with that huge pony from Fillydelphia, So if you are open for a date tomorrow, I...I would like to, Jubilee."

He smiled at her "And what were you planning for tonight, now that you asked?"

hollydashcharacter.png

"You want to present your fruit to the Princess'? That sounds really nice. I've never had any ambitions quite like that. I hope you get to do that, it would be uh... interesting to do that." Holly nodded enthusiastically, imagining what glimpse she had gotten of the magical-maned princess in pictures and paintings. "You want to bring them to Cloudsdale?"

She looked to him, and her eyes lit up as she realized what he was, and then squealed, rushing up to glomp him to the ground, "OH MY CELESTIA!! THAT WOULD BE! SO!! AWESOME!!!!" She pressed her nose up against his nose, her hooves pinning him to the ground, "We could be a team! And...and it would be awesome! And....Ah'd get to see clouds and stuff!! Ah know lotsa unicorns that can do that.....cloud-walking...spell...or maybe Ah could learn it!!!"

Holly blinked, and suddenly realized where she was, "Oh....oh....oh mah gosh!"

She leaped backwards off of him, blushing brightly, "Ah....Ah'm so sorry....that was...that was so rude 'o me....to do that.....to assume....." She turned her face away, "....Ah....Ah....oh....sorry...."

bonbonforrp2.png

"Oh my gosh, Bonnie are you okay!?" Bon Bon looked up, and was shocked as she was rushed into a sudden hug with the unicorn she felt such strong feelings for.

"Oh thank goodness! -ow- I thought for a -ow- second that you'd been hurt! -ow-" Bon Bon stared wide-eyed at the minty unicorn, confused by her actions. She was blushing, which was even more confusing for herself. She seemed to be struggling with something--probably her friendship with Bon Bon, after what she had done.

"Bon Bon- I- er-" Bon Bon blinked, wide eyed at her unicorn friend--or...soon to be x-friend, she was positive. What Lyra said truly astonished her. "I- I'm not mad. About what happened, I mean. With the- um... y'know."Bon Bon swallowed deeply, now hanging on Lyra's every word. "I-I-I mean... it was a shock... but..."Bon Bon leaned forward--an inopportune habit of hers, eyes wide and glimmering with a newfound...what was the word....hope?

"I don't mind... I... liked it..." Bon Bon was speechless. Her jaw slacked momentarily as she took in Lyra's words, and their meaning. Her friend appeared very, very nervous. Sweat was dripping on her brow, and her face was lit up a bright red. This was how Bon Bon imagined herSELF if she would ever tell Lyra that she...she was......she was in shock!

"Lyra...I..." Bon Bon leaned forward, and kissed her mint colored roommate once again, right on the lips. She leaned back, her own face darkening a deep crimson, "I've....li-li-li-li.......LOVED you....for like....ever...."

Zephyr heard a bush rustle behind him and glanced back, noticing that it was probably the breeze causing the disturbance. A big surprise awaited his returning attention as the mare had suddenly knocked him over and pinned him down with her hooves. His first thought was to quickly get the mare away from him. In a back alley fight, he would never allow himself to get pinned down like this. Zephyr was just about to push the mare off of him, but her excited expression and quick verbal follow up signaled that she was not threatening in any way. Though the mare was stronger than anticipated, Zephyr felt he could probably push the mare off, definately with ease if he unbalanced the mare.

After the mare pressed her nose against his, he quickly removed any further thoughts of pushing the mare away, rather enjoying her proximity. Her action was initially unwanted, but if this is the kind of relaxed feeling mares can bring, Zephyr had no objection to her pinning him back. A smile grew on his face as she continued to keep her nose on his while she spoke. He could definitely get used to this, bring from such a cute mare. Zephyr had missed a bit of what the mare said to him, he tried to focus, but his mind wandered a bit. Mostly about the two of them taking a tail wrapped walk through a breezy forest, enjoying strawberries. This very mare's strawberries no less.

So she wanted to team up with him. Zephyr actually kind of liked the idea. Could be interesting and if it meant he would see more of this rainbow maned mare, he was all for it. Though something in his mind told him that maybe it wasn't such a good idea. Could the mare actually be trusted to partner with? She could possibly just remove him from the picture when he wasn't needed anymore. And he didn't know anything about sales. As he thought about it more, partnering with this mare simply to see her more, was rather silly to him. He reminded himself not to get so worked up over some mare he barely knew and would probably just throw him out of her life at the earliest possible convenience. He remembered back to that mare he had gotten all gooey eyed over in Cloudsdale that suddenly disappeared. Zephyr reminded himself that even his own parents tossed him to the side.

The mare backed off of Zephyr and started responding nervously, with her face flushed red. She must've gotten nervous after she realized what she did. Zephyr only had a light blush, had he not forced himself to remove these silly thoughts about the mare, it would've been much more noticable. He still wanted to be kind to the mare and he struggled to find a way to tell her that he couldn't help her.

He brought his right forehoof up and rubbed his mane. "Well, I uh... I don't know. I mean that sounds like a great idea, but I don't think I can help you with that." Zephyr was suddenly nervous and simply spoke most of the words he was thinking. "I mean you're really cute and uh... yeah... You're cute, but I can't help you." He shakes a hoof quickly toward Holly. "I don't mean I don't want to help you because I like the way you look. I just don't think I could do much for you."

Zephyr paused and realized that all of that was spoken to the mare. He couldn't believe he just said all that. Guess he was a lot more nervous than he thought.

hollydashcharacter.png

"Well, I uh... I don't know. I mean that sounds like a great idea, but I don't think I can help you with that." Holly couldn't help the feeling of being crushed. Her hopes had soared high, past the sky. She had found a stallion she liked--liked a LOT--and he liked strawberries and her mane and thought she...she.....She couldn't help it when her smile fell from her face, and she felt...like she might cry. She hugged a hoof around her shoulder, withdrawing from him.

"I mean you're really cute and uh... yeah... You're cute, but I can't help you." Holly drew herself in further, turning her head down so her bangs slipped over her horn and onto her eyes, "I don't mean I don't want to help you because I like the way you look. I just don't think I could do much for you."

"Oh....i-it's...fine..." Holly tried to smile, but couldn't force it. She was starting to have trouble holding back tears. She knew she shouldn't have expected anything. Why had she gotten her hopes up?! How foalish...It made her angry at herself, for being so stupid. Why would this stallion think anything of her? She...she was just a stupid fruit pony with an ugly, stupid mane....who was.....,"...stupid..."

The pegasus stallion seemed a little confused at being called a name.

"STUUPID!!! I REALLY LIKED YOU, YA KNOW!!!" She turned, and bolted into sweet-smelling woods, the tears she had held back clawing down her face like cold fire. Why was she running?! Why was she so STUPID!!?!? How foalish can you get, really?! He hadn't even done anything wrong! She was just...why was she reacting over nothing?! She had only met this colt today! It wasn't like she was in LOVE or anything!!

"Stupid, stupid, STUPIIID!!!" she yelled at herself as she ran blindly through the trees, until she found herself in the whitetail woods, and with a natural direction, she ran to her garden--which was in the whitetail woods, along with her tool shack and cart. She needed to do something....

Fumbling over nothing, she started digging near the row of strawberries, stubbornly going at it with her hooves instead of with magic, just to feel her hooves rip into the ground, "So...*sniff*....stupid...*sniff*...why did I....*sniff*....GRR! *sniff*"

"Giant spider?" Mojo asked in response to Shanna's question. "That big buggy blighter had me trapped in it's web! For a while, I thought I was a goner till I was rescued! That thing must had got itself into some Poison Joke!"

As Mojo continued dancing with Shanna, Julibee was all giddy as she danced with Hoss.

"I'm free tonight, and tomorrow as well!" the blonde Pegasus mare shouted, "I would be happy to go out with you and to stay with you for the rest of the evening too!"

Jubilee looked deeply into the eyes of the brown Pegasus stallion, reaching her neck up to kiss him on the lips.

Shanna gasped "Oh my! I've never heard of the stuff, and suddenly there were some racers needing cured of it. I hope the spider isnt' around to cause more trouble after that too."

Meanwhile, Hoss listend eagerly as Jubilee said she was free for a date tomorrow, and free that night as well.

He neighed happily and gt a liglt blush on his face as the pretty bond pegasus kissed him.

the stallion hugged her in bliss. "Mmm perhaps we can go out to dinner after the dance? And anyplace you really want to go tomorrow?"

In the back of his mind, he thought about what Shanna might need for her date with that earth pony tomorrow...

gallery_299_36_19085.png

(ooc: sorry, I've been kinda slacking on this)

Lyra 's heart leapt as Bon Bon leant in for another kiss. This time, it was not accident. It was a true kiss, one that she gladly returned, finally getting a chance to enjoy the moment, without the shock and surprise. Her eyes fluttered closed as their lips met.

All too soon it was over, but she smiled, sure that there would be many more to come.

"I've....li-li-li-li.......LOVED you....for like....ever...."

Lyra felt her blush return. "I know that now. I wish I'd known before..." she said, thinking back on all their time together. Bon Bon has always been there for her, doing all those little things for her that she'd never really thought of before now. Kind words, little gifts, simply being a pony to talk to when she needed it. Lyra wondered how things would change now. "I suppose I just didn't know myself enough to understand. We've always been close... maybe if I'd been smart enough to see..." she paused. This wasn't the time for self-pity. She'd found love! And it had been right under her nose this whole time. It was time for celebration! Time for... of course!

Lyra stepped up and pointed the way back to the party, still going on in the distance. "Bon Bon," she said with a grin "would you care to dance with me?"

"...stupid..." Was the mare saying he was stupid? Zephyr was confused. Was the compliment too much? Was she upset because he couldn't help her? Maybe it was his awkward way a speaking.

"STUUPID!!! I REALLY LIKED YOU, YA KNOW!!!" And with that, the mare ran off.

Zephyr was about to say something, but the mare was gone in an instant into the woods. He couldn't believe the words she shouted to him. 'She liked me?' But now she was gone. Zephyr thought about chasing her down, but instead he simply sat back on his rump with a dumbfounded look on his face. It was another example to him that he still wasn't ready for any real social relationships with anypony. Even though the mare had run, he caught a glimpse of tears as she ran away. No matter what, Zephyr found that all he did was hurt everypony he met, whether he wanted to or not. He blamed the afternoon's sudden turn for the worse on his inabilities at comprehending others well.

He fell forward on his front side and laid in the grass, trying to hold back the tears that so desperately wanted their release. Crying wasn't something Zephyr ever liked doing, he usually always fought back any tears when possible, this moment was no different, they didn't flow. Then he caught sight of something... It was her fruit basket. The silly filly had left it behind. Zephyr couldn't let her leave it behind, so he got up from his mopy state, took the basket within his muzzle, and started toward the direction Holly had dashed off to.

Even though he couldn't see her anymore, tracking her was rather easy as she left easy to see hoofprints on the ground. Zephyr picked up his pace since tracking these prints wasn't too difficult, eventually finding himself in Whitetail Woods. Once there, the prints suddenly shot off in a different direction. For what reason, Zephyr was uncertain. Why would a pony suddenly do that? The possible thought that she was being chased entered Zephyr's mind and he picked up his pace again, just in case it was something that was flying, as he didn't see any other prints along with the mares. Whatever it was that was chasing her was causing her to gallop as her prints were stretched far apart. Soon he could hear the sound of a hoof hitting the ground and Zephyr stopped, following the hoofprints slowly. There were no other sounds such as screaming or... he stopped thinking morbid thoughts. It was simply the normal sound of the woods, its soft breeze, birds chirping, woodland creatures scattering about their day, and that digging sound. Zephyr made his way through some brush, following the prints through them, finally reaching a... small shack? Zephyr wasn't expecting to see that, among other things, like a garden.

Upon glancing over the garden, he saw the mare, harshly digging at the ground, putting effort into making sure her hooves could be felt along the soft soil. There was a sizeable hole by this point. It was clear she was upset, tears could be seen rolling down her face. He took extra care in his steps toward the mare, her back was to him, and he pondered on how to announce his presence to her. Upon reaching a few paces away, he laid the basket down in front of him and spoke softly, somewhat apologetically.

"Uh... excuse me." He paused for a moment to be sure he had her attention. "You left your basket back there." He nudged the basket with his right forehoof.

bonbonforrp.png

Bon Bon was ecstatic. Here was the filly she liked--had liked since she first moved to Ponyville, the pony she had taken into her home just to be near her. Kissing her back, with a fiery passion, that she felt would explode from herself at any moment. As the kiss ended, she could barely resist the urge to jump the mint green unicorn.

"I know that now. I wish I'd known before..." Bon Bon smiled at her filly friend, entranced by her cuteness, and hanging on every word she spoke.. "I suppose I just didn't know myself enough to understand. We've always been close... maybe if I'd been smart enough to see..." Bon Bon's ears perked, and she was hanging on every word, hoping to hear those three words, though it would not be seen in her face. Plastered across her face was a dumb, lovestruck grin.

Bon Bon blinked and an ear tilted a bit as Lyra gestured to the party. "Bon Bon," she said with a grin "would you care to dance with me?"

Bon Bon could resist no longer. She was just. Too. CUTE! With a strength she didn't even know she had, she rushed forward and tackled the minty mare to the earth, straddling her waist, yet still somehow remaining lady like as she did it. Her eyes lit up with emotion, "Y'know, Lyra, you are just TOO cute."

She nuzzled her nose into Lyra's, loving the feeling as their soft nose fuzz rubbed together, and before she knew it, she was overwhelmed with feelings of giddiness, and smooshed her face up against Lyra's, rubbing their cheeks together fervently, "Ohhh, I love you, I love you, I love youuuuuu~!!!"

hollydashcharacter.png

"Uh... excuse me." Holly looked up from her odd digging, and saw the pegasus of her frustrations. She suddenly felt embarrassed, and quickly rubbed her hooves across her eyes, attempting to rub the tears from her eyes--and only succeeding in covering her face with mud. "You left your basket back there." She stared at him, wide eyed, and baffled. Had he...had he not heard what she said? Was...he being coy? Or was he really...THAT clueless?!

Well, then. It couldn't possibly hurt her case any more to spell it out for him.

"Um....Zephyr.....ya did hear me, right?" She pawed the ground with a hoof, looking oddly cute with her mud-covered face and red-tinted cheeks, "Ah mean...Ah....like you. Like....y'know....have a crush on you..."

She paused, realizing that her past actions were not like herself at all, "Ah....Ah'm sorry Ah ran away and stuff...Ah just...Ah've never liked a colt....quite like how Ah like you....and...Ah didn't know what to do with mahself..."

She poked a hoof at some of the mud she had dug up, and blushed even darker, "Sorry...if Ah've made ya uncomfortable....or whatever....but...uh...um....Ah was sort of maybe hoping....maybe....we could hang out sometime? Ah'd....Ah'd like to at least stay friends, if ya don't want to be....y'know....." She blushed a bright red, and the blush spread to the tips of her ears, "Dating."

Zephyr had to bring a forehoof up to cover a giggle when the colorful mare had rubbed mud on her face. It made her look far too cute, even Zephyr had thought so. She was just trying to wipe away tears, which sunk Zephyr's heart, as he had been the cause of that. He was ready to apologize for making her cry, but her next words caught him off guard. Sure she had said she liked him earlier, but a full on crush? Zephyr wasn't sure how to respond. And now she was apologizing to him, he was confused. 'She's never liked other colts like she likes me?'

Everything the mare said made Zephyr feel worse. Uncomfortable... never. He stood silent, listening to the mare, and thinking about his response. He had to let the mare down easy. Or maybe he should say yes. Zephyr wasn't sure, he thought if he said yes to her, it would make her happy, but then he could possibly make her feel worse later. Then she mentioned the word, 'dating'. Zephyr's mind began a whirlwind of thoughts. 'What if I start to actually like her? What if she starts liking me more? Then what? What if she finds out about what I used to be? Would she approve... she wouldn't. She's far too proper for a pony like me. She would hate me if she knew.' Zephyr was nervous, it was clear as day on his face. He had to take a step back. 'What do I say?'

Finally the awkward silence was too much and he started walking toward the mare. He knew how to handle this now. He'd make sure there was no way she could possibly like him. Not after this... His expression shifted suddenly. He began to slowly approach the mare with a menacing and cold stare, one which could make even most hardened of ponies back down. "You can't like me. You don't know anything about me, or what I've done." His tone matched his rather menacing expression and posture. "I'd like to hear you say those words after you know what I was... what I can be."

Zephyr was only a couple paces from Holly and his distance was still closing. Whether she had back away or not wasn't something Zephyr was aware of. "I don't think you can... And I find it rather silly that you would lead me out here alone when you've no idea..." He was now face to face with the poor mare. "... what I'm capable of." His eyes had narrowed on hers, and his tone colder with his last few words.

hollydashcharacter.png

"You can't like me. You don't know anything about me, or what I've done." Holly blinked, and her smile drooped and she thought about his words. She imagined every unimaginable crime she could think of. Murder? Theft? Destruction? Although she wondered, she did not ask. "I'd like to hear you say those words after you know what I was... what I can be."

The look in his eyes did slightly alarm her as he stalked towards her, his eyes dark. "I don't think you can... And I find it rather silly that you would lead me out here alone when you've no idea..." He was now face to face with her, staring her down with a harsh, cold gaze. She returned his gaze with a stern, steady look of her own. "... what I'm capable of." He had his eyes tightened glare, and his voice was filled with a darkness that she could not place.

She could not help but return his cold gaze and tone, with a bright, crooked smile, "You're so foalish. Ah don't care what you've done. Ah just....Ah really like you..." She shrugged, and pawed a hoof at the ground, "You coulda...coulda...KILLED somepony....and Ah'd still like ya. It's...it's not a normal feelin', really...it's like....Ah like ya more than Ah've ever liked anypony. Like....ya ever heard of love at first site?"

She blushed suddenly, and looked at the ground, her face a darker red, "Well....it's sorta like that....Ah....guess ya could say that.....Ah...Ah get it, ya know. You don't know about mah past either. Ah came from Beakbreak. Ah know hard times...dark things....sketchy activities...."

She looked up at him, her gaze harder and sterner than any he had cast at her, "But Ah also know what it's like to wanna make things right. And Ah think that that's what yur tryin' to do." She stomped a hoof to the ground stubbornly, "And Ah ain't just gonna give up on ya cuz ya done some bad things in the past."

Zephyr was not expecting the mare to retort in the manner that she had. He figured she would run away, try to fight him, just something to get him away. Zephyr figured if the mare didn't like him, it would be easier for her to get over his rejection, but now that gambit had failed in every way. Some of the things she said bugged him. Sure he could see ponies being in love, but love at first sight? That stuff is for fairy tales and foal's dreams.

His cold, dark expression changed to confusion while she spoke. Zephyr realized that this was his fault, he probably led her on without knowing. Still, his idea not working caused some irritation. He didn't know anything about this mare, but he felt that stern look to be a bluff, it simply had to be. This mare was simply too... proper to understand him. Zephyr began to convince himself of this, and his earlier glare returned.

"Love at first sight. You... you're silly. That idea is silly!" He backed away and started walking in circles in front of the mare, lost in his own confusion and anger.

"You could... you could get hurt like this." He spoke while walking in his circle, looking down, and periodically glancing up toward the mare. "You have no idea that I could hurt you out here and nopony would be able to help you. And love... that's so silly. I can't believe you really think such a thing e-exists." Zephyr was simply rambling, continuing his angry circle walk. "All of that you said, it's... it's a lie. Why would you do that?! I think you're just saying all that stuff about liking me even if I killed somepony." He stopped briefly to look at her. "Which I DIDN'T!" And returned to his circle. "This is... this is just so silly. A mare like you, liking me. It's..."

He finally stopped his anger induced circle walk and looked toward Holly. "It's all a LIE!" He stared at Holly, gritting his teeth in anger and breathing heavily. As he stared at her face, he couldn't hold onto that anger though. She didn't deserve to have all this said to her. Finally, the anger washed away from his expression and he looked upon Holly with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry Holly Dash, but... I'm just not the stallion for you. I need some time to think about this." He turned away from her and starting walking away, his head drooping down.

hollydashcharacter.png

Zephyr seemed confused by her confession, to say the least, and now began to pace.

"Love at first sight. You... you're silly. That idea is silly!" She lost her smile a little bit, though she did not lose candor.

"You could... you could get hurt like this." She managed to return his frequent glances--as he paced--with an awkward smile."You have no idea that I could hurt you out here and nopony would be able to help you. And love... that's so silly. I can't believe you really think such a thing e-exists." Holly got the impression that he was now rambling, due to his frustration. "All of that you said, it's... it's a lie. Why would you do that?! I think you're just saying all that stuff about liking me even if I killed somepony. Which I DIDN'T!" Holly almost giggled when he defended himself, and stared in confusion as he paced around. "This is... this is just so silly. A mare like you, liking me. It's..."

"It's all a LIE!"Holly blinked in surprise, and lowered one eyebrow and raised the other, confusion plaqued to her face.

"I'm sorry Holly Dash, but... I'm just not the stallion for you. I need some time to think about this." As he turned to walk away, she ran after him, wide eyed and confused.

"W-wait! Please....you...you don't have to go..." She pawed the earth with a hoof, "Ah mean...Ah don't...Ah don't wanna be all by myself...it is getting kinda dark....can't you stay...? We...we can eat strawberries..." She put a hoof on his flank, hoping he would not leave, the soft fuzz of her hoof lightly brushing across his cutie mark, "Ah'm sorry...if something that Ah said....sounded...dishonest...Ah know Ah may have that tone...Ah get that from the nasty streets of Beakbreak...."

She paused and pulled her hoof away from his flank, "Ah know....it may be hard to believe...so....maybe just stay...and we can...talk?"

Zephyr was thinking things over as he glanced back to Holly. He tried to pay no mind to her hoof on his flank, but it wasn't as if he could ignore it. It was a mare with her hoof there after all. Though all he could do was frown as he looked at her trying to convince him to stay.

'So she just wants to talk, that should be fine I suppose.'

He finally turned his body to face her, still keeping his frown. "You didn't sound dishonest at all. I was just flustered and I'm sorry I said all that. A nice pony like you doesn't deserve such treatment." He sighed. "You go and admit you like me and I just shout in your face about it." Zephyr was feeling too down to feel nervous anymore. He hadn't been looking at the mare, but rather her hooves, with his head down. Zephyr knew he was being rude and lifted his head to look at Holly, trying to not look quite so gloomy.

"I guess I could stay and talk for awhile. I don't really have many friends... I guess... I guess I don't really have any friends at all." Upon thinking more about it, he wouldn't mind having a conversation partner for the evening. It would be nice to finally have a normal conversation with somepony for once. If she didn't ask too much about his past, it shouldn't be too bad, he thought.

With that thought, his frown shifted a bit to a lighter expression. "If you really don't mind, I'll stay for now and we can talk. I really should apologize again for all those things I just said. I didn't mean any of it. Well... except for the last part." His ears drooped down upon having to tell her this. "I'm just not a good stallion. It's better for you if you forget about liking me any more than a friend." Zephyr felt lucky. What were the chances that this mare actually liked him? Even so, he still felt he needed to think about this. Now that it was brought up to him, he didn't know how to really handle such things. Zephyr wondered if he just didn't like her back the way she liked him. Still, he did want a friend.

hollydashcharacter.png

Holly found herself perking up for every second the stallion did not proceed to leave. Though, when he said he had no friends, it made her kind of sad. Though....when she really thought about it....there weren't many ponies whom she had as close friends. Come to think of it....there weren't any. Sure, she had acquaintances...business contacts...familiar faces in places she traveled to....but no real....friends...well....maybe Stormsong....but...she barely knew her for more than what was the race...so....that would make her an acquaintance. Holly frowned. They couldn't be more perfect for eachother, right? And yet....he didn't seem interested in her as a mare anymore.

She honestly found it rather odd...before, he was flustered, and was covering up compliments and now...had she done something to become less attractive? Did....did she do something bad when she had pulled out those stingers?

She gasped.

It must have been her fruit! After he ate it....maybe...no, that was ridiculous. Maybe....yeah, she probably came on too strong. Well, she couldn't help it, durnit! He was just being so cute and awkward! Stumblin' over words and...bein'...cute. She blushed, and realized she had been missing some of what he was saying.

"If you really don't mind, I'll stay for now and we can talk. I really should apologize again for all those things I just said. I didn't mean any of it. Well... except for the last part." Holly was a little confused by this at first. She thought the last thing he had said was to call her a liar... "I'm just not a good stallion. It's better for you if you forget about liking me any more than a friend."

Holly sighed softly, and blew upwards under her bangs, "If that's the way ya feel, Ah guess it's fine. Ah can't help who AH like, though. And Ah like you." She smiled a dirty smile, her mud mask adding a bit of craziness to the look, "Maybe you could grow to....at least like me..." She pawed a hoof at the ground, and turned away from the male, trotting off and into her garden, into a thick patch of young watermelon, and found a small folded blanket that had been placed there prior, "Well...let's talk then, Ah guess. With the plants....with each other....whatever ya want....just do it over here--mah watermelons need some attention."

Holly giggled and nuzzled one of the tiny orbs nearby, "If you'd like, maybe Ah could read ya'll a story or somethin....nah, Ah do that 'nuf when Ah'm just by mahself...so...we should talk...yeah....talk....'bout....stuff?"

Holly looked up at Zephyr and grinned sheepishly, patting a small spot next to herself before the next row of fruit, hoping he would sit with her.

The mud on her face still made her look rather cute, she was definitely easy on the eyes. Zephyr was actually feeling bad for how he led her on to thinking that he had liked her. Though the thought did cross his mind during all this, he was still unsure and wanted some time to really think it through. He did feel that it was right to accompany the mare for the evening, as per her wishes.

She walked toward her growing watermelons, giving one a nuzzle, and talking about how she talks to her plants. A thought he found odd. She passed him a grin and patted the spot next to her. He knew what it meant and found no harm in sitting next to the mare. On his way toward her, he began thinking of conversation topics, he was no good at this. He realized they were back to a situation that he wasn't all that great with. There's got to be something we can talk about. I don't want to disappoint her more than I already have. Or maybe I do, if she doesn't like talking to me, she won't like being around me.

He reached the spot she had gestured for him to sit at and for her pleasure, sat just next to her. He still hadn't thought of a topic, and he couldn't go through with trying to get her to dislike him. If anything, he wanted to keep her as a friend as he did like that she was okay with his awkward social nature. He sat in silence for a moment, when a question came up. It was so obvious a question to him. His ears perked up and he smiled as he looked toward her at his side.

"Why do you talk to your plants? Does it do anything to them?" It was the perfect conversation topic, at least he thought.

gallery_299_36_19085.png

Lyra let out an "Oof!" as Bon Bon suddenly tackled her to the ground, but she soon began to giggle as the amourous earth pony nuzzled her nose and cheeks. "I love you too Bonnie, I love you too!" she said, gladly returning Bon Bon's affection, wrapping her forelegs around the pony she loved and holding her tight, stroking her mane as they pressed their faces together. Lyra placed a kiss on Bon Bon's cheek before pulling back to look into her eyes.

"I can hardly believe this is happening! It's like a beautiful dream." she said, her face still slightly red from blushing. She smiled, thinking happy thoughts. "I wish this night would never end."

(OOC: Sorry, short one from me today)

hollydashcharacter.png

"Why do you talk to your plants? Does it do anything to them?"

Holly looked up from the plant to where Zephyr had settled next to her, and looked at him as though completely mind-boggled that he could even ask such a question. Well, she supposed, not everypony had a green hoof!...Metaphorically, of course, as Zephyr actually WAS green.

"Um...yes, actually, it does. You see, you know how we ponies breath in oxygen? Well, when we exhale, that is what the plants breathe in!" She beamed proudly at her own knowledge, although the smart talk did not suit her accent, "And when plants exhale, they give US oxygen! So, when ya talk to the plants, not only is it healthy for YOU," She poked a hoof at Zephyr to emphasize," because they give you oxygen, but it's also beneficial to helping them grow big and strong!"

She paused, and tapped a hoof to her chin, "Plus, Ah think it makes them happy! There's just something...more scrumptuous....about a HAPPY strawberry, y'know?"

bonbonforrp.png

"I love you too Bonnie, I love you too!" Bon Bon nearly squealed as her minty fri--GIRLfriend spoke those words, and felt her face get hot as the unicorn she loved gave her a tender kiss on the cheek. Bon Bon felt as though she were made of chocolate, and that a minty green fire had just melted all of her insides.

"I can hardly believe this is happening! It's like a beautiful dream." Bon Bon was still woozy from the sudden onslaught of enchanting torture, and barely appeared to be listening as Lyra spoke to her in such an endearing tone, "I wish this night would never end."

Bon Bon smirked at the words her friend spoke, mind suddenly clouded with thoughts of cuddles under the covers and kisses on ears and the snuggly feeling of two cutie marks rubbing together in cuddly goodness, "Well, Lyra....it doesn't have to..."

She cocked an eyebrow at the musical unicorn, and flicked her tail playfully at Lyra before trotting off a ways, a wicked little gleam in her blue eyes, "It's getting late....don't you think we should head home?"

Without waiting for Lyra's response, she started sauntering back towards the trail to head back to Ponyville.

Holly gave Zephyr a puzzling look as if she was confused. He leaned away a little with his ears flopping back and wondered what he said that would spark such a look from her. Her answer solved it however and Zephyr sat silently listening to the mare talk about plants and the exchange between them and ponies. It was actually kind of interesting. His muscles seized up at the poke she gave on his side as he wasn't expecting it.

The situation was a bit stressful when Zephyr really thought about it all. He wasn't expecting this pony to like him at all. But she did seem okay with it all now. Zephyr tried to think of what to say as she finished talking. He glanced over to her. "Yes..." He nodded slightly. "Anything happy is better I think." He realized that he admitted somewhat to being a criminal in the past, this wouldn't do. Even though it was subtle, Zephyr couldn't have just anypony knowing anything about his past. She probably thought he was just bluffing, but he had to make sure.

He spoke somewhat nervously. "About all that stuff I said about being a bad and... those other bad things I said. I was just um... I just wanted to try scaring you off. It's not true what I said about being a bad pony." Lying wasn't something he liked to do, but if it kept this pony from knowing anything, even slightly, about his past, it would just have to go that way.

Now he had to trying changing the subject and quickly went to a new topic. "So you live out here?"