Last post wins

So I made this character that accidentally wound up way more OP than he was meant to be, on the grounds that he doesn't technically break the power ceiling in our RP. If you've seen My Hero Academia, think of the power ceiling as full power All Might(No, really, the King is pretty much All Might on purpose) and think of my character as Nomu. I called him that as a joke, and then he just evolved into it. Of course, now the host checks characters beforehand, but that wasn't the case earlier.

But now that I've drawn this 100% accurate image of my character, I feel like all the power in the world can't make him fearsome anymore.

Spoiler

20171010_211144_1__by_patchworkpsycho-db

• Confused 1

Oh yeah...I heard about this game. Haaaaa.

I've done quite a bit of roleplay stuff, especially online, and my best advice I can give you is "Make it fun for others, not just yourself." Roleplay can be much more than a sum of its parts, or a fighting sim with powerful characters doling out punishment but never realistically finding fault or defeat. Roleplay is the most fun when it's like writing a collaborative fantasy novel with a friend -- and is at its best when you find mutual adventure together and forge lasting relationships in what is, essentially, a fancy-pants game of online make-believe.

• Like 1

That's exactly what I was trying to explain to some people. You see, there's this one roleplay on a forum I'm on with over four million views and 300k posts, it's a little slow now but it's been going since the first year of the forum - it's three years old already. One character is extremely powerful - which makes sense, power creep. However, this guy is so powerful everyone else complains about it, and he refuses to stop. Imo, at that point, there are two options. Have everyone ignore the guy, or make an even more powerful character. This would just lead to it going back and forth, but that's why you make it obscenely so, completely shrug off their attacks while making yours damage them, show them how fun it is to lose to a god. 

Meant to send this hours ago whoopsies