Last post wins

38 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

I've never tried pumpkin pie before. How is it?

Pumpkin pie is a sweet pumpkin custard with warm spices like cinnamon, clove, ginger, nutmeg, and vanilla, baked until soft set in a crisp, lightly sweetened pie crust...if it's made correctly. You'll get flavors of roasted squash, earthy, sweet notes from the spices, and a textural contrast between the soft-yet-firm custard and the crust. It's traditionally served with sweetened vanilla whipped cream.

I think it's a bit overrated, but it's a huge part of American Thanksgiving culture.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Rosewind said:

Pumpkin pie is a sweet pumpkin custard with warm spices like cinnamon, clove, ginger, nutmeg, and vanilla, baked until soft set in a crisp, lightly sweetened pie crust...if it's made correctly. You'll get flavors of roasted squash, earthy, sweet notes from the spices, and a textural contrast between the soft-yet-firm custard and the crust. It's traditionally served with sweetened vanilla whipped cream.

Wow, I couldn't have worded it better myself! 

Like, really, I couldn't even begin to list anything other than the fact it has pumpkin in it. 

I totally feel ya. I just finished working a bazillion hours and my organs are doing their monthly rebellion.

Now I'm just sitting here drinking coffee and complementing how to be the most lazy I can for the next two days. I've also gotta start getting ready for Midwest Furfest next weekend. My little sis will be there...and my husband will be too, but he tends to focus on hanging out with his other friends there. (You'd think me being his wife that he sees bi-annually would take slightly more precedence, right?)

Ugh all I did was play music (almost all day) and draw (for like 20 minutes) today. It wasn't even that cold out today... However, like you said, going out requires energy. 

This whole day has been just uuuuggghhh

I actually did go out! I did a little black Friday aftermath shopping and scored a few things! Got a really nice bra for cheap, a few games, ghost pepper tortilla chips, and immunity booster tonic for the convention coming up.

The immunity booster is liquid gold considering how easy it is to get sick at a furry convention. Think about it: thousands of people (a lot of them challenged with good personal hygiene) running around in sweaty carpet suits for an extended period of time in a relatively enclosed space. I know of a ladies' room off the beaten path that I make a point of using, instead of the main hall one that everyone piles into, so that helps combat the bio-hazardous onslaught.

• Like 1

I can't imagine the germs. I'm a bit of a germaphobe already so, that makes everything so much better. I mean, my older brother suggested I go some year (not that I'm a furry. For some reason he thinks I'd like it). I'd have a heart attack, most likely. I don't think he got sick from it last year, which is pretty surprising considering he's got probably the weakest immune system in the family.

Speaking of sick

Dino no feel good

At least I didn't get hit as hard as the others. Though staying up til three in the morning watching anime despite the sick headache didn't help at all. You know those sick headaches, right? Where it's like lying down hurts but then sitting up is okay, you'll watch something and it goes away but then comes back and stabs you in the ouchie

It's actually good to expose yourself to germs. That's how your immune system works. But you should supplement that with good handwashing and personal hygiene anyway.

Furry conventions are great. They're not a dogpile (pardon the pun) of sexually deviant debauchery like media and popular culture like to paint them -- though I will readily admit those things exist there for people who like that stuff. And they should enjoy those things -- how other people choose get their rocks off in the privacy of a hotel room is none of my concern, nor anyone else's. Though...I do recall the story of an Anthrocon where hazmat had to come in and deal with a hotel room because there were some people there blowing up the room with stinky diaper play type stuff. That nearly shut down the con from the smell, and the people involved were rightfully permabanned.

There was also the great gas bombing that happened 3 years ago...I was there. Sort of. That was the first time I left early that day. I never really leave early, but for some reason I was done. By the time I got home, my Mum was freaking out and the hotel was on the news with a chopper showing aerial footage of a mass evacuation. Turns out someone released chlorine gas in one of the stairwells. I missed all of that nonsense by my intuition, though my then-boyfriend was there and right by "ground zero."