Last post wins

Aaaand I've finished all of Hyouka. Was a pretty good series. Wish it was a little longer, as the romantic tension was left on such a cliff hanger. I'm actually rather infuriated by it lol.

It gets way darker?? Ugh, I don't know if I could handle that, honestly.. The anime (especially the last 2 or 3 episodes) was really pushing it with me to the point where I was actually squinting and slightly turning away during a couple of the more gruesome scenes.. I did happen to Google the anime just to see the reviews and apparently there's a sequel confirmed? 

I may check out the manga... Though, at the same time, I don't want to overwork my tear ducts lol.

I cried so hard from episode 10 onward. You're really not expecting what happens to happen, then you get run over.

It's raw, unfettered, unexpected, and brilliantly and faithfully executed. Unflinchingly, we gaze forward, longing to reach the depths. If the anime stays manga-faithful for S2, it'll be one people talk about for a long time. It's easily one of the most epic stories I've seen..if you're brave enough to face what's ahead.

Uuurrgh now the temptation to continue is there... 

Brave enough? Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh...  Probably not, I don't know..

EDIT: It took me a good 5 minutes to realize it goes right to left lol.

I spent two hours grinding in Risk of Rain with some guy and then we get to the final level, where I manage to die. You can respawn, when the other player or players go to the next level. So yeah.

The reason this is really stupid is that the character I was playing has an ability that lets you go invincible for a few seconds, but I had items that let me spam it constantly. I died because I alt-tabbed for a few seconds.

1 hour ago, SymphonicFire said:

I emptied my tear glands watching Made in Abyss, it's just not possible to watch without crying.

(spoilers)

I'm sure this is obviously the scene everyone refers to but, the one scene in particular on episode 10 when Riko ascended after she was poisoned by that creature's spine (I can't remember the name of it at the moment). I couldn't stand watching her bleed out and Reg lose his mind over it. Like, holy crap that scene had me bawling.

• Like 1

I'm glad you watched it, nnaaa.

As for what you're saying...yeah, I cried and squirmed watching that scene. It's frame-for-frame manga-faithful too.

If you think that was terrible, keep reading. It gets worse. Much, much worse. I like how this isn't atrocity for the sake of cheap thrills, it's just the nature of the Abyss and those who live within it.

I haven't heard of that game, Patch. I've been playing Shiness: the Lightning Kingdom and it's pretty fun. You're like..a karate teddy bear.

I also made molten chocolate cake:

dZnAh3T.jpg

• Like 1

Risk of Rain is super fun, and there's a second one in development that'll hopefully be done by 2019 at the latest.

Here's a gif of RoR

Spoiler

test21.gif

Here's a gif from RoR2

Spoiler

350.gif

Again, it's still pretty early in development, so this is all just  a rough look at it.

Naturally, those are different characters. The one in the first is definitely one of if not my favorites, the one in this second one is the Commando, the first character you get in the original RoR. They haven't said which characters are coming to RoR2 and which aren't, but there are 12 in RoR and there are planned to be 10 at launch in RoR2, and they want original characters too, so who knows what'll be taken out.