Last post wins

41 minutes ago, PatchworkPsycho said:

I meant I'd change my avi at some point

Dew it, Dino-bro. :eflowey:

17 minutes ago, Rocky said:

The number of people actively posting here is much smaller than it used to be but, we are easily keeping this thread afloat. 

So what's keeping you guys posting? I won before, but I intend to actually keep my title as victor and...maybe get some actual physical prize outta this, you know? 

14 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

There's always things to talk about. It's actually nice to have a thread for random chatting.

Absolutely! I've always kinda viewed this thread as just a random chat place. It's rather nice to have somewhere to talk about almost anything.

3 minutes ago, Tenkan said:

So what's keeping you guys posting? I won before, but I intend to actually keep my title as victor and...maybe get some actual physical prize outta this, you know? 

The prize is pride and satisfaction. :catbug: 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tenkan said:

For me, I enjoy just talking to the 4 or 5 people who are active here. We have great discussions and all that. This place has pretty much become a discussion hall.

Tonight, I'm upset and slightly disappointed... We have a membership on a website called Taxi. It's basically where big corporations (and some small ones) put out wanted-music ads. For example, an ad might read "Motorcycle brand looking for soft southern rock song with a freedom theme for commercial. $20,000". Then people send in their songs and the company picks which one is best and pays the writer of the song to use it in their commercial.

So, two days ago, an ad popped up with a company looking for a funk song with the word "fresh" in the chorus. The deadline for entrees was tonight at midnight. My dad said, "Let's go for it!". We had nothing to work with other than a few ideas and riffs we'd played around with before. No lyrics and no arrangements. We ended up writing the basic idea out and made a rough recording that night and just brainstormed the rest of the night and all yesterday. Today at about noon, we went into the studio and recorded all day. It's now about 10:30 and it's not finished. I can't stay up any later because of work tomorrow. It's pretty close to being finished but... We just couldn't do it. We worked so hard and now we are going to miss the deadline. I thought we could do it and I feel like we worked for basically nothing. I mean, yeah, we did write a pretty sick tune (if I do say so myself) so, it's not a total loss. Maybe there will be another ad soon that's looking for the same thing. Still... I really thought we had a shot. In a way, I'm pretty surprised and happy we managed to write and nearly finish recording a song in 2 days. Just wish there was more time..

So yeah, that's my Sunday..

15 minutes ago, PatchworkPsycho said:

I just post here because of my crippling fear of being left out

You'll always have friends, Dino-bro. But being left out of things always happens every so often...can't be the end of the world. 

16 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

The prize is pride and satisfaction. :catbug: 

If it comes gift rapped, I'm down with that.

16 minutes ago, Rocky said:

For me, I enjoy just talking to the 4 or 5 people who are active here. We have great discussions and all that. This place has pretty much become a discussion hall.

Tonight, I'm upset and slightly disappointed... We have a membership on a website called Taxi. It's basically where big corporations (and some small ones) put out wanted-music ads. For example, an ad might read "Motorcycle brand looking for soft southern rock song with a freedom theme for commercial. $20,000". Then people send in their songs and the company picks which one is best and pays the writer of the song to use it in their commercial.

So, two days ago, an ad popped up with a company looking for a funk song with the word "fresh" in the chorus. The deadline for entrees was tonight at midnight. My dad said, "Let's go for it!". We had nothing to work with other than a few ideas and riffs we'd played around with before. No lyrics and no arrangements. We ended up writing the basic idea out and made a rough recording that night and just brainstormed the rest of the night and all yesterday. Today at about noon, we went into the studio and recorded all day. It's now about 10:30 and it's not finished. I can't stay up any later because of work tomorrow. It's pretty close to being finished but... We just couldn't do it. We worked so hard and now we are going to miss the deadline. I thought we could do it and I feel like we worked for basically nothing. I mean, yeah, we did write a pretty sick tune (if I do say so myself) so, it's not a total loss. Maybe there will be another ad soon that's looking for the same thing. Still... I really thought we had a shot. In a way, I'm pretty surprised and happy we managed to write and nearly finish recording a song in 2 days. Just wish there was more time..

So yeah, that's my Sunday..

Ah, sorry to hear that, but hey, that's experience either way. At least you see the bright side of it.

So you submitting tunes for ads now? That's pretty cool, man. :)

2 minutes ago, Tenkan said:

Ah, sorry to hear that, but hey, that's experience either way. At least you see the bright side of it.

So you submitting tunes for ads now? That's pretty cool, man. :)

It is experience. I probably shouldn't be so upset about it... I love what I do and if I meet a deadline or not, I'm still enjoying myself.

Yeah, we're finally getting confident enough in our recording abilities to start submitting. It's very exciting because there's plenty of money to be made with these ads and I like to think we have the talent. That's not to say the site isn't already overflowing with artists. Many of which are very talented.. Just gotta keep at it and get better. I know one day we'll get picked.

17 hours ago, Tenkan said:

What? Really?

...okay.

*climbs back onto his tank and seats himself comfortable where he can man the gun. The large, rusty war machine slowly rotates its gun nozzle to aim at Pemby*

Yeah? Remember now, old friend?

Hey everyone look!
Its the crowned champion of LPW!

• Haha 1

This thread is kind of like the Hunger Games. There's only one winner, and even then it's not a real victory.

Things I've done today-

1. Breakfasted.

2. Showered.

3. Given myself my shot. Blooooood!

4. Probably will watch anime/finishing up S1 of SU.

5. Hope that my bid on some husky leggings on ebay doesn't get sniped.

6. ???

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Penumbra said:

Hey everyone look!
Its the crowned champion of LPW!

*outstretches his right front hoof to the sky in victory with a massive grin on his face*

Yes, hahaha, that's me! LPW, grand championo! Moi beuno! 

41 minutes ago, PatchworkPsycho said:

I don't see a crown

Well, then, let's get to work on that, then! 

*chuckles weakly as he slumps back into the gunner seat*

2 minutes ago, Rosewind said:

This thread is kind of like the Hunger Games. There's only one winner, and even then it's not a real victory.

Ah, did you just... 

*hastily sits up and toggles the controls, rotating the canon in attempt to aim at Rosewind*

Huh, till when, till when...

4 minutes ago, Penumbra said:

It's one of those metaphysical technicality crowns. 

Exactly, something only deep ponies will get.