Last post wins

*Imagination flies out of my screen*

Uh...hi Imagination.....

*hugs* I've always wanted to go to Ireland and now I'm totally here, isn't that awesome! OOO! Can I go visit Cork County? That's where my family's from! My great great great grandfather Jeremiah was arrested for harboring felons, and now I'm a Criminal Justice major, my father being a police officer! Isn't that ironic? I think it's ironic! HEY! Do you guys have Guiness? I tried it once. Heavy stuff! Grainy! I'll stick with Miller...

"And thus, what was once known by many as the 'internet' had finally reached it's peak of data storage. What was once a hefty amount, is nothing to us." The man spoke, rubbing his hand on the edge of the book he was reading.

"How much, daddy?" His son, who lay in the bed comfortably, spoke calmly and with a slight yawn in his voice. "Well son, roughly fifteen-thousand petabytes" He responded, taking note of his childs' facial expression as he mentioned the number. "That's nothing, daddy! You can't be serious!" The child exclaimed, jumping up toward his father. "To us, yes. However, back then, this was enough to require servers the size of corporate buildings." He responded, laying the book down on the side table, under the lamp that stand next to the bed. "So, daddy, what's an 'internet'?" the son asked in confusion. "It's what we know as the Govt Data Transfer Unit, son. Times were much more free than they are today." The father spoke, with great sigh in his voice.

The father, now tucking his son in, spoke very calmly, and with great intention. "Son, never let them take your freedom." He said, with a slight grin on his face. "I won't daddy. Good night!" The child responded, pulling the blanket over his shoulder and up to his chin.

Just a sample from my current book I'm writing about the death of the internet. From a perspective many years in the future.

:D Just felt like sharing!