Last post wins

I don't subscribe to that school of thought. I believe that everything can be called art.

I think it's more important to differentiate between meaningful art and meaningless art.

Art is ultimately tool to express theories, ideas and beliefs, normally new or in depth ones.

This is why art when actually discuss is so over analytical. However if we don't apply these three subjects then easily things like a the girl who submitted a pile of her own feces is art.

she can claim that it two of these but ultimately it silly and it can't be redeem because it doesn't hold the third latter which is the defining saving point. If the art is meaningless then its simply not art...not in the genre of professionally art anyway. Like..a picture of a pony..it fall under the word art and is made an artist...but its not professionally art. This is what I am referring to. Art itself in a professionally manner, especially modern art is under enough fire by the crowd of who don't have an education in it and even then some who do have an education in it still hate it. We can't afford to blur the lines any more. If you are taking about the type of pictures you and I produce-which I think you though I may be wrong- This may be more of an error in wording in the genre sake. Nothing has really come along and define the difference between casual/entertainment art areas and professionally cultural/political and even religion based art pieces. It could be said that a piece that hold enough skill at casual abilities in thing like game and movies is hailed as an art piece or a master piece but this more out of respect to skill and is more of the exception.

In short art overly relaxed nature creates more tension in these discussion because of this but that because art in itself provoke conversation...aka..its a troll subject. However all art in a professionally manner normally has a message/ event or idea behind it given enough research. Although some..un-deservingly make it there...like For The Love God Skull. I personally think its an over outward based piece of expensive junk-which was based on a cheaper model mind you by a different artist-that fools the common crowd into thinking it artistic because it supposedly is a laugh in the face of death. Who the hell blows MILLIONS of pounds to make such a short, generic and lame statement. Its a gimmick, an unoriginal one too that defiles a dead body with its work.

But it made into the art genre somehow. Because what is art is roughly liquid, it doesn't show signs of actually accepting casual art, even when reaching master piece status among people despite it formate into it ranks.

Casual art also has a filter, it need some sort of appeal...even tiny bits would do...this also filter the girl who tried to make her feces an art piece. The casual art crowd filtered her crap out and the professionally art crowd filtered her crap out. So maybe art isn't as all accepting as we though but I think this is for the best.

Art is ultimately tool to express theories, ideas and beliefs, normally new or in depth ones.

This is why art when actually discuss is so over analytical. However if we don't apply these three subjects then easily things like a the girl who submitted a pile of her own feces is art.

she can claim that it two of these but ultimately it silly and it can't be redeem because it doesn't hold the third latter which is the defining saving point. If the art is meaningless then its simply not art...not in the genre of professionally art anyway. Like..a picture of a pony..it fall under the word art and is made an artist...but its not professionally art. This is what I am referring to. Art itself in a professionally manner, especially modern art is under enough fire by the crowd of who don't have an education in it and even then some who do have an education in it still hate it. We can't afford to blur the lines any more. If you are taking about the type of pictures you and I produce-which I think you though I may be wrong- This may be more of an error in wording in the genre sake. Nothing has really come along and define the difference between casual/entertainment art areas and professionally cultural/political and even religion based art pieces. It could be said that a piece that hold enough skill at casual abilities in thing like game and movies is hailed as an art piece or a master piece but this more out of respect to skill and is more of the exception.

In short art overly relaxed nature creates more tension in these discussion because of this but that because art in itself provoke conversation...aka..its a troll subject. However all art in a professionally manner normally has a message/ event or idea behind it given enough research. Although some..un-deservingly make it there...like For The Love God Skull. I personally think its an over outward based piece of expensive junk-which was based on a cheaper model mind you by a different artist-that fools the common crowd into thinking it artistic because it supposedly is a laugh in the face of death. Who the hell blows MILLIONS of pounds to make such a short, generic and lame statement. Its a gimmick, an unoriginal one too that defiles a dead body with its work.

But it made into the art genre somehow. Because what is art is roughly liquid, it doesn't show signs of actually accepting casual art, even when reaching master piece status among people despite it formate into it ranks.

Casual art also has a filter, it need some sort of appeal...even tiny bits would do...this also filter the girl who tried to make her feces an art piece. The casual art crowd filtered her crap out and the professionally art crowd filtered her crap out. So maybe art isn't as all accepting as we though but I think this is for the best.

Anyway. To define what is art and assign proper genre to make the world happy would properly require a room of highly experienced professionals both in professionally and casual art. But it common that when people talk negatively about art..its normally professionally/modern day art. Some people may feel the word professional is grossly misplaced on some of its pieces...I can understand why.

Anyway. To define what is art and assign proper genre to make the world happy would properly require a room of highly experienced professionals both in professionally and casual art. But it common that when people talk negatively about art..its normally professionally/modern day art. Some people may feel the word professional is grossly misplaced on some of its pieces...I can understand why.

Final add on. I just woke up so I'm pulling this totally from my flank. Lol.

Don't forget the guy they gave a grant to for wearing cowboy boots and kicking a milk contain up and down the street in front of a pub in England. It was called 'White Trash Curry Kick' and it supposedly questions the high spirits of young people on Saturday nights.

Don't forget the guy they gave a grant to for wearing cowboy boots and kicking a milk contain up and down the street in front of a pub in England. It was called 'White Trash Curry Kick' and it supposedly questions the high spirits of young people on Saturday nights.

I think for us to critique it, we would need to do substantial research into it first but to be honest..I hate social commentary art like this..everyone does...I like franz kline which is essentially to most people just random brush strokes, so as you can tell I'm pretty open to art as a whole and its simple traits. But social commentary art...just so...so...BORING..and lazy looking.

Da Vinci's illustrations weren't considered art in their time. Now they are. And they don't have any intention to be pieces of art, they were just that, illustrations. Same with that French advertisement, that whole Jugendstil stuff. Those were real advertisements, done for a company to say sell coffee. Now they can be found in contemporary art museums.

There in no telling what will be considered art in, like, 30 years from now.

Da Vinci's illustrations weren't considered art in their time. Now they are. And they don't have any intention to be pieces of art, they were just that, illustrations. Same with that French advertisement, that whole Jugendstil stuff. Those were real advertisements, done for a company to say sell coffee. Now they can be found in contemporary art museums.

There in no telling what will be considered art in, like, 30 years from now.

Like I said. To label what is art would properly require a room of professionally but what generally constitute as art hold those 3 characteristics. Also those pieces hold characteristic number one because it most likely retell or commits on the eco/social dynamics of what was going on at the time. Ad have to be in touch with social time to be achieve a viral or memorable effect. Its hardly surprising an add would make it into an art gallery at a certain point. Although we haven't seen the invitation of classical movies or game that achieved an artistic status among people join its rank. Perhaps there should be a third genre of digital art where movies/games and the like that utilize electronic means can be included?

Da Vinchi place in art has been under debate from what I hear but I don't really travel in those circles.

The lies I feed myself on daily basis are so much like a colorful curtain. Each time I poke one I can admire all the others performing a wonderful dance, deceiving my mind and pulling me away from reality.

Evenin' everypony.

The lies I feed myself on daily basis are so much like a colorful curtain. Each time I poke one I can admire all the others performing a wonderful dance, deceiving my mind and pulling me away from reality.

Evenin' everypony.

I don't think your ready yet to understand the truth.