Flare

Bronies For Life

Name: Well, I normally go by Firecracker, but my real name is Flare...

Sex: Im a mare.

Species: Im a pegasus, though I haven't flown since one a my wings got hit by a firework...

Pelt Color: My pelt's a reeeeally dark purple!

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: My mane and my tail are all just as poofy as the fireworks! Colors seem like em too, what a coincidence! ...Though the kids back at flight school used to call me Firehead...

Eye Color: As orange as my first firecracker!

Cutie Mark: Fireworks! I make em, fire em, recommend em, and use em to help out big time stars!

Physique: Im a little tall. At least, that's what some people say! ...Did I mention I don't like some people? Some people say im shy...

Origin: Manehattan here! ...I left after I noticed how many people there were.

Roleplay Type: Mane.

Occupation: I build Fireworks, fire em off, sell em, help big stars with their special effects... Though im not one to talk with them.

Motivation: I just love seeing so many people smile at my displays! I just don't like the swarm of people afterwards.

Likes: Fireworks, Making people smile, Fireworks, Fireworks, did I mention Fireworks?

Dislikes: Most social interaction, especially crowds.

Character Summary: Oh! Um... They said that they would just be recording my words... No people... Oh! you just want me to summarize myself? Okay... Um... I was born in Manehattan... my dad and my mom both loved me very much... I didn't really do anything until I became an older foal. Around then, I found a bright orange chain of little firecrackers. Not knowing what it was, I brought it to my parents. They went and talked for a bit, then my dad went outside and we set it off together.

The little loud cracks, the sudden bright orange... I absolutely adored it. I would keep begging my father to let me go to the fireworks store and buy some more. Sometime during that, my cutie mark appeared. And that sorta went on through my whole fillyhood, heh... Though I should mention the fact that bullies in flight school instantly came up with the nickname 'Firecracker', and it, well, stuck. My real name was Flare.

When I had just became a mare, I was flying above the sights of one of my favorite shows, making sure that the airspace was clear of pegasi... Some ruffian decided not to wait until I was done, and fired off a firework. Hit me right on the wing, set it on fire, I came crashing down. Whoever did it was gone when the other people got there.

To not be a party pooper, I insisted that I should atleast fire off the fireworks before I went to the hospital. The nurses and doctors all said no; In the end, they left one behind to fire them off. It wasn't as good as it regularly was, when I did it.

They had to amputate my wing; Replaced it with some fake one that I can't fly with, but at least I look undamaged with. Powered by unicorn magic. Every once in a while, it loses its charge. Then, it like stiffens up, and I have to use my hoofs to make sure it stays in a good position.

And well, since then, I've gotten one friend, I've been shunned by pegasi for not being able to fly, Earth Pony's still love me, and Unicorns just wanna know why im so danged shy. They think it has something to do with the mean people that were in flight school. I really just don't like socialization that much; all those people just get to me. Its weird.

firecracker_by_theblueprintforlife-d4b82e5.png

Oh so wonderful art made by Angie Cakes. Character was adopted from Angie, too.

• Like 2

Your character looks pretty good, and I'd like to approve it, she is a very neat character after all. :) However, before I do, I'd like to make just two tiny suggestions.

First, and this is just a very *tiny* nitpick - you make reference to her not wanting to be around 'people' or having too many 'people' around. We tend to call them ponies round these parts. :D Not a problem, just a suggestion, to fit into the mood of the show.

Second, and this is a bigger suggestion - your character is very antisocial, and doesn't care to be around other ponies. The only thing she seems to care about is fireworks, and there isn't another aspect to her personality - in fact, she specifically wants to be away from other ponies.

So, how is she going to RP with other ponies if she avoids them?

I'd suggest adding some "Hooks" to her character - a reason *why* she'll end up being around other ponies. For instance - in the show, Twilight Sparkle started up being much the same way. She was antisocial, didn't care to be around other ponies, and only cared about books. However, she had several hooks:

1: She cared about Equestria, and her Royal Duties, more than she cared about herself.

2: The princess ordered her to go out and make friends.

So in a similar manner, I'd suggest you come up with something that would cause Firecracker to come out of her shell and join into things with other ponies - rather than waiting for ponies to come and pull her out.

This isn't a 'no-go' by any means - say the word and I'll put my stamp of approval on it. It's merely a suggestion for a way to add to her character before I do so!

I say people instead of ponies due to her want to not really be around anything.

Yes, she is very antisocial. I tend to base my RP characters off of aspects of myself; Firecracker here is my love of making people smile, while at the same time my shyness. Fly By was my narcisissm, though she was evened out by... Well, she doesn't really have an evener.

My plan for her RP is that while she doesn't really like social interaction, she recognizes it as essential. It'll bother her, sure; But she has to do it, and she will.

You say there isn't another aspect to her personality; I wrote this in first person so I could have her withhold things.

You could say I have plans for her... That one friend I mentioned? Another RPer here is gonna be collaborating with me on it.