[Need Ideas] Celestia and Luna Pre-MLP: FIM

lordbrony

I'm currently working on a fanfic that will require some anecdotes on Celestia and Luna both as foals and when they are jointly ruling Equestria together. I want it to be as canon as possible

Foalhood

My story will start them off as foals during the reign of Discord. All I want to do at this point is to show these character traits in them:

Celestia:

• Older sister (by a few seconds, since they will be twins in this one)
  • More outgoing
  • Kind with a big heart
  • relatively innocent and straightforward
  • Compassionate and empathetic towards her sister, though she doesn't understand her and her glumness at all

Luna

• More reserved
  • Prefers to stay at home, more studious
  • suffering from inferiority complex from what she sees as living in the constant shadow of her sister
  • more of the kind that will hide in a corner when other kids are playing in the playground haphazardly
  • more wily and perceptive than her sister, though she doesn't show it

I'm looking for potential story points/events to show the contrast between the 2 sisters, something lighthearted, fun and innocent.

Post Discord. Pre FIM

The next segment will be about the period after which they defeated Discord and are ruling Equestria together. It'll be more focused on Luna and her subsequent turn to Nightmare Moon as a result of slow building jealousy and resentment towards her sister and the general populace.

More to be added later

Background Data on Equestria as presented in my story

Discord

in this story he'll be the all powerful, mischievous, malevolent, immature ruler of Equestria. Basically he'll be doing whatever he wants and doesn't care about the consequences. He'll perform these acts less often than shown in the 1st 2 eps of S2 but with more devastating effects, because basically when you are the undisputed ruler, torturing your subjects on a daily basis gets boring after a while.

Government and Environment

The governmental structure will be based on an Tudor/Victorian English era aristocracy. This means that there will be a monarch (first Discord and then the 2 sisters) followed by "nobles" who act as governors and mayors to their respective areas (Celestia and Liuna's dad will be one of those)

The main influence on the environment will be Discord himself, since he's doing whatever he likes and has pretty much ommipotent power, some stuff I'll have him do will be:

• Change the size of the raindrops from normal size to jackfruit size (killing one of the background characters as a result)
  • Releasing parasprites just because "seeing ponies run around screaming is funny"
  • Destroying someone's crops through consistent cola rain

I'll think of stuff for Discord to do as and when its needed, but any suggestions/ideas are welcome!

• Like 1

I dunno if I'd consider Luna homely by any regard, she's just the younger sister I'd think, though her self-image and self-esteem may be much lower than her more wide-open and ostentatious sister.

nothing is set in stone yet but my intention is to make Luna appear normal and nothing like what she'll be as Nightmare Moon

also added some stuff on Discord

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Celestia and Luna Defeated Discord with theh elements of harmony. How were these dixcovered and theri combined power actualized and ultimatly used?

Good side story

Doesn't Discord get bored with chaos? What are his inner feelings toward the ponies?

This is the first mention of Celestia's and Luna's father. Who was he and was he a king to have princesses as daughters? What happened to him?

Why was Discord created and how does he get his power? Where didi he learn magic as he doesn't see to be seen with a horn?

All storiy/fanfic ideas use as you see fit.

Celestia and Luna Defeated Discord with theh elements of harmony. How were these dixcovered and theri combined power actualized and ultimatly used? trying to find a way to integrate that into the story

Good side story

Doesn't Discord get bored with chaos? What are his inner feelings toward the ponies? he treats them as his personal playthings, being omnipotent gets boring after a while so he's less mischievous and chaotic than in the season 2 opener.

This is the first mention of Celestia's and Luna's father. Who was he and was he a king to have princesses as daughters? What happened to him? without giving too much away, their father is nobility AND his daughters did save Equestria (which in most sword and sorcery stories is enough to get you elected king) so once they defeated DIscord together they were shoo ins.

Why was Discord created and how does he get his power? Where didi he learn magic as he doesn't see to be seen with a horn? Not going into that. Discord's been there for a while when the story starts. The ponies are pretty much resigned to their fate

All storiy/fanfic ideas use as you see fit.

replies in the quote

I welcome the ideas, even the ones I don't intend to use, at least it will make me think