[Fillydelphia] New Visitors to Fillydelphia (CLOSED - All full)

Mojo

"It seems like a very nice necklace," Starflower said as the light blue unicorn took a closer look at it.

"OH! That is pretty!" added Jubilee as the blonde Pegasus hovered over to view it.

"Never let it be said that Mojo would turn down a good trade," the Paint stallion said as he walked over to get a good look. "That is a really swingin' design there, friend! Ya say ya got it in buffalo country? I always wanted to go out that way! Not just to sell me goodies, but to paint and sketch the landscapes and wildlife! That would be really cool!"

(Hope you guys don't mind if I jump in)

Colton, the white coated, blue haired pegasus had finally arrived in Fillydelphia, Colton travelled a lot and wanted to see what this charming place had to offer as he was passing through.

"Hmm...let's see here, were to begin?" Colton asked himself as he looked around for anything of interest to him. He walked for a while and scanned the area until he saw a small stand that was being observed by two ponies and being handled by a paint stallion. He saw the two ponies admiring some jewellery and he thought that he could find a good souvenir to remind him of this place.

He cautiously walked up to the stand and asked the paint stallion," Uh....excuse me, I was wondering if you have any souvenirs you'd be willing to sell." Colton asked as he tried not to say anything wrong with fears of offending somepony.

(OOC: Hope it's ok if I slip in as well, and please bear with me as this'll be my first RP post on the site)

Melody Night slowly emerged from her home on the outskirts of the town, giving off a gentle yawn and a stretch as she looked up into the sky and thinking it to be a fine day indeed. She considered for a moment where she should start her day, but there was only one place it could be. The marketplace.

The young mare set off at once, trotting towards the marketplace, a place she lived going to to see and listen to all the vendors and traders that stopped by. Her long, red mane seemed to shine under the day's sun, a contrast to her slate grey coat.

Upon arriving at the market, Melody began to browse the stalls, stopping for a moment at a carpet covered with old objects and a sign claiming them as antiques, but to her sadness a sign also claiming the shop closed turned her away. Instead she headed slowly towards a vendor with a large group of ponies around it all talking. She leaned around a little try an glance at the wares being sold while quietly keeping her ears on the conversations.

(ooc): Ok, quick 'time out' here to welcome all the newcomers to this RP!

Thanks for participating! Now that we seem to have an established posting order, let's try to maintain it:

1. Ancre

2. The-Jaded-Bug

3. MephistoFiesta

4. Mojo

5. Conor Colton

6. Kitsuyena

Following this posting order will make sure everyone gets an equal turn, ok?

:D:D:D:D

(Ooc : Welcome Conor Colton and Kitsuyena ! )

Mojo's stand sure was attracting attention. Two new ponies had came, looking at the merchandise, while the hippy pony was trading a lamp for a necklace with the blue pegasus. The newcomers were a white pegasus colt, and a young grey unicorn mare.

Whirlwind the pink pegasus pony happily waved a hello to the both of them : "Hi ! Welcome to Mojo's store ! Mojo's the brown earth pony, feel free to look around and ask him for whatever you wanna buy !"

She wondered for a while if Mojo needed her help. Then decided against it : even after years of living in a general store, she had never been good at selling stuff, and Jubilee and Starflower were already there to help anyways.

Still lazily resting on the roof of the wagon, she turned again toward Swift Kite, the red pegasus filly, and smiled. "There's going to be a lot of clients here I suspect. Is it like this at your shop too ?" she began, trying to start a conversation again.

While Swift Kite was normally the first to take a look at any interesting, hoofcrated item, it appeared that the four ponies were already busy as it was and two other new ponies had yet again arrived. Still, the young mare decided to keep her ears peeled as they talked on. As Whirlwind greeted the just-arrived Pegasus and Unicorn Kite simply made a warn smile back at them, and decided to spend some more time browsing through the items at Mojo's stand.

Aside from what she used to buy the boats, she brought her own money with her in case she had time left to browse the marketplace and had more left over after buying them off, but thought it wouldn't be fair to take advantage of the extra bits from the sale. After all that money wasn't hers, and she had enough of her own to get a few things. She tilted her head a bit as she spotted what was likely a pet rock, remembering a time when her mentor said something about selling them back in the day. 'Heh, maybe Joy would get a kick outta one of those,' Her eyes then wandered towards a display of long necklaces with tiny beads threaded in them, thinking that she could find one that match her bandanna...

Then Whirlwind asked Kite a question. She blinked and looked up at the light pink filly, with what she said just suddenly registering in her mind. The red-pink Pegasus looked like she had just snapped out of a daze, or like a foal who didn't pay attention in class before hearing the school bell ring.

"Oh! Uh, It kinda depends, really..." She started, trying to organize her thoughts and getting herself to be more focused. "The city aside, the Plains are out in the country - a little isolated I guess, it makes business slow at times but..." She paused for a moment, thinking of what to say next, before she continued. "It's near a pretty major path with a fair amount of hoof-traffic, so there's enough customers to get by." The young Pegasus made a small grin. If there was anything to go by it was that she loved that store, even if the location made it a little harder to attract more permanent-term clienteles.

"But I've been planning for a while to maybe start a small chain of toy stores, to get in some more revenue - not right now I mean, there's still a ways to go. There's only three of us at the one I'm working in, including the owner..." She dragged her front hoof lightly back and forth, her words becoming a little softer as she hesitantly admitted to the filly about the lack of permanent employees. Almost regretting telling her about it she omitted the fact that she was probably the first new apprentice there in years, and half-hoped that she or the others wouldn't get her to expand on it.

Dusty jumped up as her wings buzzed in delight. "Yay!" She neighed, then settling down, embarrassed. "Erm, yeah. I was born in the Thunderhooves Tribe camp, so I'm an honorary buffalo out there. But I lived in Trottingham when I was a foal." She explained. After taking her hot pink lava lamp, she looked up at Conor. "Sure can! I sell all sorts of trinkets, antiques, jewels, all from many years ago!" She zipped back to her stand and unfurled the sheet, revealing many relics and treasures. Some of which were various statues, old books, and many arrowheads, some looking like they were dug up quite recently. "Fillydelphia has quite a history, a nomadic tribe settled here on their way to the dessert, and the settlers who made the town also left some stuff in the dirt."

(OOC: Mehhhhh, I have writers block, sorry for bad post.)

Mojo listened to Dusty's story as he continued to examine the necklace.

"Far out!" the Paint stallion neighed. "Tell ya what, friend. I will trade this necklace for one of my lava lamps! Hey Wings, wanna take this fine stallion over and help him pick out his new lava lamp?"

"Sure thing, Modge!" the petite blonde Pegasus mare answer as she flew up to Dusty. "Hi there, sir, I'm Jubilee, follow me to see the fine selection of lava lamps!"

Seeing that Dusty was being taken care of, Mojo turned to answer Colton's question.

"Have I got sovernirs? Ya betch I do, chum! Got some painting and skecthes of scenes all over Equestria as well as some hoofmade carving of Ponyville's leading citizens, the Harmony Six! Got all sorts of lovely sovernirs for you to choose from, have a look around!"

Seeing Mojo was busy with Colton, Starflower walked up to the others in the crowd.

"Welcome to Mojo's Wagon! I'm Starflower, may I help you find something to your liking?"

Colton surveyed the stand to find anything that would suit his tastes, he continued to scan over but couldn't find anything at the moment, he decided to pass the time by making some slight conversation with the stallion that was attending him.

"You got a very nice stock here friend, I've only ever heard of things like these on my travels, you gotta tell me how did you manage to accumulate this collection?" Colton asked politely.

He continued to browse but he realized that he had forgot to introduce himself to the brown and white stallion, "Oh, sorry, uh, the names Colton Cloudkicker, pleasure to meet you friend." Colton said as he held out a friendly hoof.

Melody tilted her head a little bit as she looked over the wagon, keeping her ears open to the conversations happening around her, glancing back towards the carpet of antiques as the pegasus pony went back to it and uncovered her wares. She almost turned towards it until he heard the light blue unicorn address the small crowd.

"Oh excuse me, um, I'm looking for something," she piped up after stepping forwards a little bit, "something with a little bit of history to it, or maybe a story behind it's aquisition. I love hearing about things like that." The mare always collected both items and stories to act as inspiration for her future projects.

"So you work in a little artisan's workshop then ?" Whirlwind resumed Swift Kite's explanations. "Awesome ! My parents own a little shop too, but we don't make anything, we just sell a lot of stuff. That's what they like to do, I think."

The little pink pony was completely oblivious to her fellow pegasus' unease. For her, it was an interesting topic, and nothing to be ashamed of. Big stores, small stores, they all had their uniqueness and working in one sounded fun.

"So you make your own toys too !" Whirlwind continued. "And buy others to sell back too I suppose ! What kind of toys d'you make ? Kites ?" she made an educated guess. "And who are the other two ? It must be cool to work there."

The pink filly gave a passing glance to Mojo's business. The hippie pony had three customers already, but fortunately, he was assisted by Jubilee and Starflower, so everything was running smoothly. Everypony was chatting happily, presenting themselves, asking for the kind of goods they wanted to buy. The blue pegasus was on her way to buy a lava lamp, the grey unicorn wanted to know the story behind the goods, and the white pegasus colt was talking about travels and adventures with Mojo.

Swift Kite blinked in surprise at Whirlwind's interest in the store. Maybe the red and blue Pegasus had jumped to conclusions, thinking the filly might judge the establishment due to its modest employee count, but she was relived that this wasn't the case. While Mojo's business ran smoothly around them, Her confidence slowly started to return as she answered the light pink pony.

"Yep!" Her mane flickered lightly up and down as she nodded. "I guess you could say It's my Special Talent - kite making that is, hence the namesake - but I've been learning the ropes when come to other toys too." A grin peaked on the side of Kite's muzzle. Using her left wing she temporarily shifted one of her saddlebags, revealing a simple, red and green toy kite for a Cutie Mark before the bag slid back into place.

"Yeah, it's a really a really neat place!" Swift Kite continued, "And as for the others, well, there's Joy Spinner - the unicorn mare who owns it - but I'm pretty sure I brought her up already." She made another genuine smile before naming the second employee. "And there's Patches. He's a dragon taken in by Joy's family from way-back-when, I think. He's definitely not a baby now, but he's still gotta ways t'go before adulthood." While unsure sure what Whirlwind would think of a dragon working at a toy shop, Swift Kite had an inkling the fast-flying filly would find it rather interesting, to say the least.