Canterlot Member Gets Story Posted on EqD

Corsair

Canterlot's own Phil the Time Wizard has gotten his fan-fiction posted up on Equestria Daily.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/story-entwining-of-hearts.html

Also, a few months ago, an RP by Tales, Skye, and Mudbug was turned into a fanfic, and also got onto EqD:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/story-two-truths-and-skye.html

I think it needs to be a rule that if you get yourself on EqD, you owe the rest of the forum drinks. :D

• Like 3

Yeah... :blush:

I actually wrote this before I even came to this site... I wasn't going to submit it, since up until very recent edits I didn't think it was anywhere near good enough, but then I decided I wanted to help plug my favorite pairing, which I think is underutilized by the fandom. So I fixed it up a bit and sent it in.

But they were nice and gave me good advice. I might submit more of my stuff to them at some point. :)

• 2 weeks later...

They seemed pretty cool to me and I definitely wouldn't call my work either perfect or particularly amazing. The pre-readers give some pretty good feedback, I think. They seemed helpful, and never came across as cold or overly critical. I think they really helped me make my stories better. :)

I had to submit my first story three times before it was put up, and I'm currently on my third submission with the second fic I submitted to them. So yeah, don't expect them to instantly like it and put it up or anything. If you listen to them and do what they say, after a few rounds of working on it, things should work. :)

Hmm, they do have some guidelines. I think the first chapter/part has to be... 2500 words? Or was it 1500? They also like decent spelling and grammar, and minimal OCs unless your story is good.

Woah, didn't know about that one.

Mine is pretty much all OC's until the ending. I don't know if it's good though. I have a hard time criticising myself.