Howdy, y'all!

ErrantIndy

Name's ErrantIndy, but you can call me Errant, Indy, or just Err. I'm a guy in my mid-twenties. I'm currently in graduate school getting a degree in maritime archaeology. I live in the Southern US. I've been a fan of MLP after stumbling on the fanfic Fallout: Equestria when looking for Fallout fanfics on TvTropes. Had to start doin'...research to understand the pony references and got hooked along the way. I stumbled onto Canterlot.com when looking up ideas for my own Fallout:Equestria story I'm thinking about writing.

I've RP'd a great deal in the past but haven't done any in the past year. Most of it was Star Wars or Scifi too, but I've been looking for a good MLP RP board and think I found it here.

Welcome!  I'm gonna guess and say you're an AJ fan too?  I've got a few characters that are just itchin' for some new friends, so anytime you wanna play, plot or whatever, gimme a shout.

Well, it's incidental that I'm an AJ fan. I'm from the American South and talk with the accent because I like it (I can drop it quick if I need to speak to more respectable folk. Sadly, a bit of drawl makes many people think yer dumb. Okay, so I DO like pulling the reversal on folks...).

AJ's my favorite of the Mane Six. I'm partial to the country girl next door, sure, but mostly I like that she's the...most normal of the six. She can't break the fourth wall, fly, use magic, or use an evil eye that cows mythical creatures. She's just got her commitment and iron will.

And I'd be glad to post with ya once I get my character in order.

Edited by ErrantIndy

Hello!

How did you hear about Canterlot?

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the IRC Chat.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Thanks, Tales.

Like I said, I came across Canterlot while cruising around Google for some ideas for a Fallout: Equestria fic I was thinking about writing. I started readin' yer RP threads and character bios and figured y'all were the MLP RP board I was lookin' for. I really like the lore-friendly detail y'all're getting into, and I have a few ideas I'd like to pose in a few.

I'm workin' on the bio for my first character new, and he might be up within the next day.

• Like 1

Nice to know there's some good SW eyes here! I wasn't big into the Mandos until I read Karen Traviss's books on them. Boba Fett's badflank and all, but it's not that interesting always surrounded in mystery. When Traviss really fleshed out their society, I fell in with the Mandos.

My SW characters were OC fighter pilots and privateers. My main was a Force adept privateer near-human trying to get in touch with his Mandolorian side of the family. I know, I know, that sounds like the worst contrived bit of Marty Sue to have ever taken the yoke of a Corellian transport, but I worked REAL hard to make him work and limited him a lot. He wasn't strong in the Force, and he was always more of a agility fighter so he didn't have really heavy Mandalorian armor. He was rogue and swashbuckler, more reliant on his skill and charm, a silver-tongued heart breaker, hence the avatar.

He was mostly from a crossover RP board. Maybe he'll make an appearance sometime.

Nice to know there's some good SW eyes here! I wasn't big into the Mandos until I read Karen Traviss's books on them. Boba Fett's badflank and all, but it's not that interesting always surrounded in mystery. When Traviss really fleshed out their society, I fell in with the Mandos.

My SW characters were OC fighter pilots and privateers. My main was a Force adept privateer near-human trying to get in touch with his Mandolorian side of the family. I know, I know, that sounds like the worst contrived bit of Marty Sue to have ever taken the yoke of a Corellian transport, but I worked REAL hard to make him work and limited him a lot. He wasn't strong in the Force, and he was always more of a agility fighter so he didn't have really heavy Mandalorian armor. He was rogue and swashbuckler, more reliant on his skill and charm, a silver-tongued heart breaker, hence the avatar.

He was mostly from a crossover RP board. Maybe he'll make an appearance sometime.

Haha, wow, that sounds pretty original, if you ask me! Can't wait to see 'em!

I recall RP-ing, on a forum I used to visit often, as HK-47 and G0-T0 from the KOTOR game series. Although I didn't do a very good job of being keeping original, at least I had a blast playing as my favorite assassin droid. :D

Those were the good old days...

HK-47! I loved that droid. Those games were made for a Lightsaber Kill Squad, but that fact that so many folks shelved a Force-user for that addled-droid says something about Bioware and Obsidian. To this day, I'll play anything put out by those two studios and HAVE played everything to come out on PC from those two.

I've never done any RPing of main characters. Mostly because I feel I can't do them justice, but also because they're not as interesting to me. I like places with wide enough universes to step off the beaten path and have my own adventures. Not to say that my main SW character, Errant Mira'ad, didn't rub shoulders with some of the main characters (he was heavily inspired by the X-Wing novels and then Karen Traviss's Mando'ade saga).

• Like 1

Welcome to Canterlot! Be sure to stop by Getting Started for a whole saddlebag full of goodies and useful information, including free avatars and templates! We hope you enjoy your stay and have a great time!

We've got many different things to do here, from the random chitchat and chattertalk, to out and out Roleplay! We do encourage you to explore and settle in, find your own little place here. Perhaps you draw? We have a section for art! We also have a Gallery! Do you write? We'd love to see your fanfics, stories and lore! There's a section for that! And if you're into the Roleplay, well, then you came to the right place! Compose music? We'd love to hear it!

Finding a good RP board? I certainly hope so! That's what we're here for, and what we strive to achieve! Among other things, not just RP naturally.