Zephyr Blue

ZephyrBlue

Name: Zephyr Blue

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Pale Sky Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: White Mane & Tail, Black Glasses, Dark Grey Scarf

Eye Color: Vivid Blue-Violet

Cutie Mark: Greyish Indigo Gust

Physique: Frail and delicate, he has more of a mare's frame than a stallions. His feathers always appear to be a bit ruffled.

Origin: Cloudsdale

Roleplay Type: Mane

Motivation:

As a foal, Zephyr had always been terrified of flying, walking along the clouds of his home city to get here and there; needless to say, he didn't go anywhere he wasn't required to. But when a strong gust of wind knocked him from his perch one day, he was forced to conquer his fears and fly, and the feeling it gave him had been exhilarating. That was the day his cutie mark appeared, which represents the grace and strength of the Western Wind, and is emulated through his passions for the arts of music and dance.

Likes: Composing classical music, singing, piano, aerial acrobatics, aerial dancing, racing, flora, fauna, wind

Dislikes: Insomnia, grouchy individuals, sour fruits

Character Summary:

Zephyr Blue is a very timid pony, easily startled and put off by the abrasive attitudes of some. As such, he doesn't have anypony he can truly call a friend; he much rather prefers the company of birds anyway. His music and dances are often inspired by observing his avian friends. In his free time, he loves sky-dancing, singing and playing piano, but instantly freezes when in front of an audience; he is a rather self-conscious individual. His self-esteem has always been low, which often interferes with the way others perceive him.

He had always been a bit of a loner; growing up, he was ridiculed because of his non-masculine frame and attitude. He tried not to let it bother him, but growing up without any friends was still very difficult for him. His parents both tried to offer as much support as they could, but neither them nor the birds could really fill the gap. His days were for the most part spent at home, practicing music. But when he discovered his cutie mark, things in his life began to change. Not for the better, and not for the worst; they just changed.

When he showed up to school with his flank marked, his peers' interest in him began to grow. They all wanted to know what his talent was. The attention he was receiving was simply too much for him, and so his responses were all mumbled. After a full day of prying, he needed to let loose, and what better way to lose himself than dance? But one pony saw him flying, and how beautifully he danced amongst the clouds, and rumour of his talent began to spread. Soon everypony wanted to see him in action. It became a bit overbearing, but after a few days of pressure, he finally gave in. He tried dancing for them, but he simply couldn't muster the will to do so with all of them watching, and so the rumours were "debunked", and the others returned to ignoring him.

Since then, his self-esteem has increased slightly, but he still can't perform for multiple individuals. His compositions have been used in many movies, and performed by the likes of musicians such as Octavia, yet despite this, not many a pony know this. His dances, on the other hand, are rumoured to be amongst the most beautiful in all the land, but few are privileged enough to see them. Still after all these years, he prefers to perform for himself and the birds than for others.

He is a very graceful and agile pony, which is where he draws his strength from. When flying, he lets the world around him dissolve, and nothing matters but the feeling of the wind rushing by him.

Much to his dismay, he has a severe case of insomnia, and rarely ever has the opportunity to get a full-night's rest. This only furthers his aesthetic state of frailty, though it doesn't seem to impede upon his physical performance. He does not know why finds difficulty sleeping, but nothing he has tried thusfar has seemed to help his condition.

post-1150-0-60871800-1318666346_thumb.jp

Hello there! I like where this pony is going, we don't have many musical ponies on the boards. He seems like he would fit in well with the other ponies here. Just a few quick tips that you might want to consider. I can't seem to find his cutie-mark story. This is a very important piece of your character and it symbolizes what their true special talent is! I see that he as a gust of wind as his cutie-mark. Did he receive this when falling from Cloudsdale, or in another incident? Also what does this mark symbolize to him as an individual? What does he see it representing? How would the gust tie into music composition, since that is what it seems he loves to do? Usually the cutie-mark goes along with what the pony likes to do, that way he can work with his special talent and love every minute of it!! I see much of his personality in his character description, which is good, but not much in the way of back story. Back story is always good to include, it makes your character more three dimensional and the application more dynamic. It also gives him a basis for all of his actions, and the reasons behind why he acts the way he does. Such as; Why does he like to hang out with birds? Is there a specific reason, or does he just like the birds? Also the third paragraph in the Character summary it states that he finds it difficult to fly when unobserved. Did you mean observed, in that he has difficulty flying when others are watching? Or that he ins't the best flyer and like it when there is somepony there with him to make sure he does alright in his flying? Just some points you might want to address!!

~Sage AkA Freddie Freewings

Well, thank you. I will address all of the things you mentioned as best I can.

Yes, he received his cuite mark when he discovered his love for grace and elegance, in essence. This occurred when the gust of wind knocked him off of his cloud and forced him to learn to fly. His mark represents grace and strength, which is symbolized within the wind that helped him discover his passion. His cutie mark ties in to his love for music [and aerial dancing] because they are both considered graceful arts.

As for adding backstory, I didn't want to clutter up the application, but if you feel that it will help dimensionalize him, I will do so. I'm afraid it won't be all too interesting, though. And thanks for pointing out the fact that I had written "unobserved"; I revised the sentence, and forgot to change said word to "observed".

Again, thanks~

Hopefully my revisions have made things more clear.

Now that is interesting! Aerial dancing, that sounds really unique! I am sure that if you edit the original document and add a little on that in there that it would take off! (No pun intended.) I like where this pony is going, I really do! A little back story goes a long way, even if it is bland. It gives others a little bit of a feel for the character and makes them more interesting. Now just be sure to add these things to the actual app and there you go!

~Sage AkA Freddie Freewings

I absolutely LOVE this character to bits and seems like he will be quite fun to RP with. My characters Wisp and I'm the forums Octavia and I think they would be interested in a shy fellow such as himself. Wisp is about as shy he is and well you already mentioned Octavia and I'm sure that he might like to know Octavia outside of the concert hall, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

AppAssessed.png

I approve n_n