Sugar Skull (Final)

CurvyPony

Name: Sugar Skull

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Black

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Three-toned orange, yellow, and white mane and tail in a short, scruffy style, and a small scattering of white freckles between her eyes.

Eye Color: Yellow-ish orange

Cutie Mark: sugarskullcutie.png

Physique: Well built without being bulky in the least, she's strong from growing up on her parents' farm and helping with all the chores.

Origin: Born on Nightmare Night along with her fraternal twin, Punkin Patch (character yet to be submitted by my husband), Sugar Skull is the daughter of a pegasus (mother) and unicorn (father) couple who run a small farm together growing many different types of vegetables in The Heartland. However, when her brother showed great interest in the seasonal pumpkin patch, she followed his lead to help him expand and care for that section of the farm.

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Occupation: She currently helps maintain her family's farm, but hopes to one day open her very own Nightmare Night craft and candy shop.

Motivation: Ever since she was a little filly, Sugar Skull's greatest interest and talents laid with candy and craft-making. When she was born, her home was decorated with tons of home-made Nightmare Night bits and bobs, and she's sought to surround herself with these types of things ever since. But it wasn't until she experienced her very first official Nightmare Night, making her own costume and passing out themed candies she'd made herself to trick-or-treaters that she discovered this was what she wanted to do for the rest of her life, and her cutie mark appeared.

Likes: Nightmare Night! Duh! Candy, costumes, night-time, pranks, Everfree forest (or at least what she thinks is in the forest, though she's never quite built up the courage to explore it), ghost stories, ghost-hunting, reading, studying supernatural creatures, storms, Princess Luna

Dislikes: Greens (any other color/type of vegetable is fine), wearing her glasses, teasing

Character Summary: Sugar Skull is a tomboy-ish pony, but has never been the gloomy type despite her interests and love of Nightmare Night. Perky and optimistic, Sugar just wants everypony to love the things she loves as much as she does, but is sometimes let down when others don't show the same amount of exuberance for the holiday as herself, and she can often go overboard trying to convince everypony that Nightmare Night is the best. For Sugar Skull, all things Nightmare Night are what make life worth living, and it beats out every other holiday, ever! She enjoys spending time with her brother Punkin Patch and her parents tending the farm, and hopes to help bring in more financial help for her family by starting her very own year-round Nightmare Night shop somewhere. In the meantime, every time the holiday rolls around she busies herself creating spooky and delightful candies, and making costumes for herself and her family, handing out the ghoulish goodies to anypony that comes by the farm to trick-or-treat, as well as traveling into Ponyville and other surrounding towns to spread her love of Nightmare Night to others with candy gifts. But all the months other than October don't stop her from enjoying all these things. To Sugar Skull, every day is a potential Nightmare Night celebration, even if she winds up being the only pony at the party.

sugarskull.png

(Image created at:http://generalzoi.de...rsion-254295904 and edited in photoshop. Gallow created the cutie mark for me because he's awesome!)

I am all for Halloween-themed ponies (At one point I had all the official releases of them, and BOY was a disappointed when I trotted over to Target's Halloween aisle this year and there were no ponies for me). Even thought about applying for a Candy Corn themed one...but...EW CANDY CORN.

I do see only two issues that the mods will ask you about:

How did she GET her cutie mark, specifically?

Explain that it's a pony skull and not a human skull. I am sure there are all kinds of ponies, even in a land of friendship and magic, that could appreciate the way that Mexico celebrates the dead. If Equestria were to have ANY kind of death celebration, it would certainly be in that tone.

How did she GET her cutie mark, specifically?

To quote my app: "But it wasn't until she experienced her very first official Halloween, making her own Halloween costume and passing out themed candies she'd made herself to trick-or-treaters that she discovered this was what she wanted to do for the rest of her life, and her cutie mark appeared."

This was meant to be fairly specific. On the night of her first official Halloween, meaning when she was old enough to make her own costume and candies and really understand the holiday, when she experienced dressing up and handing out Halloween candy and got such joy from it, she knew that's what she wanted to do with her life. I'm basically parot-ing everything now. XD But yes, that's how her cutie mark appeared.

As for the skull, with the way ponies are stylized it could pretty easily pass as a pony skull, I think, though I know human-ish skulls appeared on the clothing of one of the CMC members in a canon episode. But either way, the design could be seen as human or pony, so if I need to specify it in the app I'll be happy to if a staffer asks. :}

I was looking for it in the wrong place. Generally the cutie mark story appears in the Character Summary.

Yeah, I was looking at the application guide and reading the little guideline things, and when I got to "Motivation" it said that cutie mark info should be included in there. :o Sorry for any confusion!