I can't upload pictures anymore...

ZephyrBlue

Umm... Hello everypony...

So I've uploaded about six or seven pictures thusfar, and had no problem doing so, but recently I tried to add some more artwork to my album. When the upload bar reached 100%, everything would begin idling, and the next picture in the queue would remain at zero, with the caption "pending" underneath them.

Has anypony else experienced this problem before? Any suggestions that might lead towards a solution?

Let me know;

~Zephyr Blue

please include all information possible such as which album your uploading to, what the parent album is, and anything else that might help us look into the problem- a lot of the information on your end is easy to overlook because its right there- but without some guidelines im not sure where to start looking! Lets start with the albums your trying to upload to- what would those be?

Well, I tried to upload it to my album "Misc. Art", under the parent album "Canterlot Community Art". The files were about 2.4 megabytes in size, but seeing as we are given a so-called infinite amount of storage space, that shouldn't pose a problem.

Upload below 2mb.

Storage space is the total amount of disk space I allow you to have to contain your art collection. In this case, you have unlimited storage. Generous, I know. :P

It is not representative of a server limitation of a maximum size of around 2mb per individual file.

Try converting your images to no bigger than 1024x768 (Or equivalent) Jpgs of low compression. The board will automatically resize images if they are too large. Typically, metadata in an image may cause problems as well. Try converting your image to a BMP then save it as a Jpg or PNG and try re-uploading. Remember that this is a gallery of art you want to show of your character or characters you have drawn, not an imagedump archive. Vectors aren't usually a good idea to upload here, those are better to upload somewhere else and then link to them.

Is there any way I can switch back? I liked the normal version better...

Look at the bottom of the page, you will see a link that says "Change Theme", clicking on it will open a drop down box, click on the theme you want in the drop down box.

Yes, I saw that before you deleted it. I still seem to be experiencing the same problem, though.

What specifically is causing you issue? Could you give a description of the steps you took to upload. In order to help you I need to know more details. Also have links to the pics you wanted to upload so I can test with them?

I took a screenshot of the anomaly, if that helps...

Screenshot2011-10-19at85918PM.png

After the upload bar reaches full, it goes into a permanent pending state, and quite literally nothing happens.

Hmm, is it possible for me to download this exact image?

As in do you have it perhaps uploaded somewhere else, so I can download any of the images you struggle with and try a few things, to see if I can repeat your issue.

Also do you have any sort of script blocker running that may be preventing all the features from running?