I can't upload pictures anymore...

ZephyrBlue

Ahh, but of course. All of the pictures are on my devART, which I linked in my signature. Feel free to try any of the pictures located there.

And I don't currently have any programs running that would block the script. I've checked my security preferences as well, and nothing in there indicates that it would have interfered. Plus,on the same day this problem had begun, I had already uploaded six pictures. It's as if the site just decided to prevent me from uploading any more.

ah, I hope you don't mind me posting here, but I also seem to be having similar troubles uploading to the gallery. I've uploaded 6 pictures with no trouble at all. this morning I tried to upload three more pictures, but the swirly arrow things kept spinning and nothing would upload. I tried again tonight, and I was only able to upload one more image. this is the information for the image I'm trying to upload now:

Size: 299 KB on disk (297,327 bytes)

Kind: Portable Network Graphics image

Dimensions: 790 × 542

Color Space: RGB

Color profile: iMac

I'm on a mac using Safari

Mac OS X version 10.6.8

all my other images have similar dimensions (a few pixels difference), are the same file type and are under 400 KB. all other information is the same. this is also the same for the images I've already uploaded

my process for uploading:

go to gallery and click upload

select album> pokemon-type themed ponies

choose file and upload

after that the arrows just keep spinning and nothing happens. I feel like this is probably something on my end, but I'm not sure :-( I'm doing the exact same thing I did before, but it isn't working now for some reason.

EDIT: also I haven't changed any of my settings since I last uploaded

ah, I hope you don't mind me posting here, but I also seem to be having similar troubles uploading to the gallery. I've uploaded 6 pictures with no trouble at all. this morning I tried to upload three more pictures, but the swirly arrow things kept spinning and nothing would upload. I tried again tonight, and I was only able to upload one more image. this is the information for the image I'm trying to upload now:

Size: 299 KB on disk (297,327 bytes)

Kind: Portable Network Graphics image

Dimensions: 790 × 542

Color Space: RGB

Color profile: iMac

I'm on a mac using Safari

Mac OS X version 10.6.8

all my other images have similar dimensions (a few pixels difference), are the same file type and are under 400 KB. all other information is the same. this is also the same for the images I've already uploaded

my process for uploading:

go to gallery and click upload

select album> pokemon-type themed ponies

choose file and upload

after that the arrows just keep spinning and nothing happens. I feel like this is probably something on my end, but I'm not sure :-( I'm doing the exact same thing I did before, but it isn't working now for some reason.

EDIT: also I haven't changed any of my settings since I last uploaded

It should work; do you have the image uploaded somewhere else that I can download it and give the image a try? Also have you attempted to see if the image can be added as a thumbnail to a post (it gives a clue to what may be wrong)?

The problem seems to have solved itself, however I still cannot upload that singular picture of Luna.

I'll keep looking at it; so far though I haven't been able to recreate the problem with that image.

first I'm going to try one more time since last time I was able to get one more image up... nope, doesn't look like it's working :P

here's the link to my DA http://theblueprintf...t.com/gallery/#

any of the pony pictures from "Sandy Shores" and above are the ones I'm talking about (except for "change of avatar". that one works fine for some reason)

attempt at thumbnail...

<!--url{1}-->

ah, how do I do thumbnail? I just kinda guessed at how to do it :P I don't see any add thumbnail buttons ._. (didn't that used to be under the button that looked like the youtube icon?)

first I'm going to try one more time since last time I was able to get one more image up... nope, doesn't look like it's working :P

here's the link to my DA http://theblueprintf...t.com/gallery/#

any of the pony pictures from "Sandy Shores" and above are the ones I'm talking about (except for "change of avatar". that one works fine for some reason)

attempt at thumbnail...

<!--url{1}-->

ah, how do I do thumbnail? I just kinda guessed at how to do it :P I don't see any add thumbnail buttons ._. (didn't that used to be under the button that looked like the youtube icon?)

To do a thumbnail do into the Full Editor (click the Full Editor button at he bottom of the text box you are typing into. In the full editor, at the bottom you will see a section for "Attach Files". Click the "Choose Files" button to the files you wish to make as attachments. To place them in the post, click on the "Add to Post" link of any files you have uploaded.

Like so:

post-69-0-89858000-1319589425_thumb.jpg

I uploaded Sea Salt and two others from your gallery into a test folder and didn't have any problems. Are you using any sort of Script Blocking program on your browser? What browser are you currently using?

I'm very sorry for asking you to go through all this. since yesterday, I tried looking around at other problem topics and decided to download google chrome. I checked it just now and it works fine on that. :blush:

still it is strange that it won't work on safari anymore... I tried looking through any settings I could find and I didn't find anything other than block pop-up windows checked. I turned that off and it still didn't work.

I'm very sorry for asking you to go through all this. since yesterday, I tried looking around at other problem topics and decided to download google chrome. I checked it just now and it works fine on that. :blush:

still it is strange that it won't work on safari anymore... I tried looking through any settings I could find and I didn't find anything other than block pop-up windows checked. I turned that off and it still didn't work.

I was using Firefox myself, so we established to works on Firefox and Chrome. I will try Safari tomorrow; what OS were you suing with Safari?

um, Mac OS X version 10.6.8? does that sound right? if that's the wrong thing, I'll have to check tomorrow since I can't get back on my mac tonight

Alright was able to access a Mac, and was able to upload the picture.

Used Safari Version 5.1.1 (6534.51.22) on Mac OS 10.6.8

Alright was able to access a Mac, and was able to upload the picture.

Used Safari Version 5.1.1 (6534.51.22) on Mac OS 10.6.8

ah, I'm back on my mac, and yes, that's the version of Safari I use. I tried again today and it still doesn't work on my end for some reason ._. I looked again for any settings that might be weird and I didn't find anything. It probably has something to do with how my dad has the computer set up (he has himself set as the computer's admin so there are some things I can't see/change without looking through his papers for his password). I'll try playing around with it some more to see if I can get it to work, but if it doesn't, I'm fine with just using google chrome. thanks for all your help, I greatly appreciate it :)