Frilly

DantonDamnark

Name: Frilly (A.K.A. Frilly the Filly)

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Dark Blue; Hex: 2164ae

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:

Mane Style: Like the Spa Ponies, but spiked in the back, wears an Orange Band(Spa Ponies wear white ones)

Tail: Shorter version of Spa Ponies

Hex Codes: Hair - Whiteish Cyan - d0f5fe; Band - faa115.

Eye Color: Pinkish Purple

Cutie Mark: N/A

Physique: Normal (for her age)

Origin: Birthplace: Unknown; Left to be a Street Urchin in Fillydelphia(See Summary)

Roleplay Type: Mane

Motivation: Get her Cutie Mark, Become the first Mare Fillydelphia Flyer.

Likes: Skating(roller and Ice), Hockey, Contraptions, Mischief

Dislikes: Overly Decorative Things, Impracticality, poorly formed plans/ideas

Character Summary:

Frilly is a bit abrasive at times, but she is also very kindhearted. When she is focused on something, you could set off firecrackers in her ears and she would not notice. But if you somehow did get her attention, she would likely be quite irritated for being interrupted.

Frilly, despite her name, is a bit of a tom-colt. Much like Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash. She loves all kinds of sports. She found her love when she was watching a hockey match between her Family and another Foal street gang. She loved how good her team looked as they skated onto the ice against the other street urchin family from across town. But at the last minute of the game(now tied 2-2), the team's goalie twisted his ankle. Without even thinking, Frilly jumped onto the ice and took his place. She amazingly deflected what looked like a 55 mile per hour slapshot back at the other team's goal and scored! Since then she has made it her goal to become a Fillydelphia Flyer.

Frilly does not remember much from her time before being abandoned. Sometimes she has vivid dreams of living in a luxurious mansion. But the last thing see really remembers of her parents was when she was abandoned.

Abandonment Story(WARNING: Sad)

Frilly recalls it was a stormy, rainy day. Her mother was carrying Frilly on her back as she walked down a Fillydelphian street. They we're both wearing simple coats, Frilly remembers this because she found it odd. Her mother kept looking around suspicious and nervous as they walked.

They eventually walked down an ally which lead to a bunch of boxes and crates. Not long after they got there, foals started coming out of the boxes curious on what was going on. Frilly's mother than walked up to the colt ringleader of the gang and gave him a note and a package which contained enough coats to cloth all the foals there. The ringleader nodded after reading the note.

Frilly's mother put down Frilly and looked her in the eye. Frilly recalls her mother's face was sad and full of tears.

"Stay here, and remember: I will always love you, Frilly" was the last thing she said before she turned around and walked away.

As she rounded the corner, Frilly tried to run after her, but the colt ringleader stopped her.

These days, she rarely thinks about her parents but when she does Frilly does her best to block it out. Thinking about it just makes her sad. Wondering who her parents were, who she was and why they did what they did only makes her depressed. The name "Frilly" is all she has to remember her biological family as she was too young to remember her last name.

Frilly has no urge to find her parents or know what happened to them. This repressed sadness, confusion and sense of abandonment has manifested itself as aggression but also as loyalty and loving of those close to her.

Frilly, like all the ponies in the Family, had a job involving the family. Her first job was to distract the adults while the others stole food and bits from them. Frilly was quite effective at this, she did everything from "accidentally" tripping ponies as she skated down the sidewalk to creating large, elaborate plans.

Frilly's "Box-mate" was Lilly. Lilly had already been with the gang for about a year before Frilly came along. And it didn't take long for Frilly and Lilly to become best friends. Frilly now lives with Lilly and Danton.

Frilly's life changed dramatically when she met Danton after the Family stole his bag so they could use his potions to save their leader. She and Lilly asked if they could go with Danton. The two fillies did mind leaving the family, this was because their leader, Maximilian, said that "Everypony must leave the family eventually". Normally, ponies would find it hard to leave their friends behind, but Lilly was really the only friend she had. Danton agreed and now they live with him in the Everfree Forest and attend the Ponyville Schoolhouse. Despite their street smarts and knowing how to avoid danger, Danton does not let them walk to Ponyville on their own for obvious reasons.

Frilly and Lilly also are having difficulties adjusting to the "new lives". That being, they tend to forget to pay for things like food and often get caught because they are not in the "coordinated teamwork" state of mind. Because of this they have a negative reputation among most adults around town. Fortunately, this is not extended the the foals of Ponyville who instead see them as "troublemakers" than petty, young criminals. They have, on several occasions, been caught by the guards. The guards normally let them off with a warning, thanks to Frilly's silver tongue.

Frilly is also very mischievous. From water balloons to loosing salt shaker tops to getting others in trouble for no reason. She is quite smart about it, too. Frilly knows how cover her tracks and how to get out of sticky situations. Many ponies of Ponyville know of her 'ways' but have difficulty pinning it on her. She also draws up elaborate plans and contraptions she wants to use as pranks, she has about 30 some blueprints that she is saving for a "rainy day". "It's either steal things or do pointless but mostly harmless mischief. Your choice" is what Frilly said when her adoptive Big Brother, Danton, asked her to stop.

Frilly also has a knack for tailoring though she does not embrace it as an interest. She does, however, like to make things for his friends and family. She makes blankets, shirts, sweaters and more. They are not overly decorative, just practical. However, she is known to go all out when it comes to costumes and disguises.

Image of Frilly

med_gallery_1166_92_3885.png

I think Frilly deserves her own app and not just a c and p job from Lilly. It seems a bit lazy to do it that way in my opinion I think you should try to make Frilly's app from scratch instead of piggy backing off of a already accepted app.

Taking a second look, I noticed how much I severely modified/deleted from the initial Copy-Paste. It about 85-90% original, but I removed that 10-15% now.

Greetings! I just have a few questions on this character that I feel in getting the answers for would really help in enhancing her persona and what is already a pretty solid application. You mention that Frilly has a new life now but it hasn't be elaborated upon what that new life is exactly or how she found her way to it from her old life, nor how such a change affected her, as such a change would not doubt be profound at least emotionally given she had to leave a former adoptive family. I feel this story would is crucial to telling us about her.

It was also noted she wants to play sports (specifically the pony version of hockey) but has she pondered on the fact fact she is an excellent tailor and look into exploring that as something she may just want to do instead (especially given her young age, she may be very well prone to changing her mind to what she wants to do)?

Does she still wonder about her mother and have any desire or plans to attempt to seek her out? Answers to these questions may serve as potential plot hooks to explore her character further giving more and richer RP possibilities.

You mention that Frilly has a new life now but it hasn't be elaborated upon what that new life is exactly...

I actually did have this story on the app, but BlindJester suggested I remove all the Copy-Paste stuff. Though I think BlindJester only saw the sentence above the app saying this was mostly a copy-paste job(which was true at the start of it's WIP, but not true at the time he posted).

Edit: Added something. 3rd paragraph under Spoilers(not in).

It was also noted she wants to play sports (specifically the pony version of hockey) but has she pondered on the fact fact she is an excellent tailor and look into exploring that as something she may just want to do instead (especially given her young age, she may be very well prone to changing her mind to what she wants to do)?

I thought about this too. I wanted her to sound like tom-colt. I'll figure this out.

Edit: I've removed the things involving tailoring. I think it makes it better.

Does she still wonder about her mother and have any desire or plans to attempt to seek her out?

I'll work on this ASAP.

Edit: Last 2 Paragraphs in Spoilers explain it now.

Well it could be she has no real interesting in tailoring or sewing beyond what she does for her friends, but it certainly can be a major interest. Her love of sewing and the idea of it as a possible career doesn't take from her being a tom-colt (as she can still love sports and rough and tumble activities), it just adds diversity to her character. :)

Well it could be she has no real interesting in tailoring or sewing beyond what she does for her friends, but it certainly can be a major interest. Her love of sewing and the idea of it as a possible career doesn't take from her being a tom-colt (as she can still love sports and rough and tumble activities), it just adds diversity to her character. :)

Took your advice and added a paragraph on it at the end.

• 2 weeks later...