Musings on Pinky Sense

hi hi

I was watching Feeling Pinky Keen again and I suddenly had a revelation. I recall hearing somewhere that Earth Ponies were supposed to have a strong connection with the earth, plants, animals and living things in general, in the same way that pegasai have a connection with the sky and unicorns have a connection with magic.

But if you can believe that all life has an energy to it, an energy that surrounds us and binds us. Suddenly Pinkie Pie's ability to predict the future makes perfect sense. She's actually some kind of jedi master... One wonders what else she might be capable of.

I think it works cleanly on the simple level of the speculation that earthponies are very sensitive to the earth, and in pinkie pie's case, is like a living seismograph for 'turbulence'. Granted, that's a stretch in itself, since every pony has some sort of talent or, by extension, in Pinkie's case, a 'sixth' sense.

I think it has to do with all the ponies having some kind of ties to magic, some more prominent than others. The unicorns are magical creatures by nature, so their magic is stronger and more up front, while the Earth ponies tend to have it tied to the jobs they find themselves best suited for. So in Pinkie's case, it could just be that she's sensitive to immediate 'danger' moments, though she might not be the only one. Just the one in Ponyville. There could be one who's ears change color or something goofy like that, and can warn of immediate animal events, or whatnot, who knows!

hi hi

I was watching Feeling Pinky Keen again and I suddenly had a revelation. I recall hearing somewhere that Earth Ponies were supposed to have a strong connection with the earth, plants, animals and living things in general, in the same way that pegasai have a connection with the sky and unicorns have a connection with magic.

But if you can believe that all life has an energy to it, an energy that surrounds us and binds us. Suddenly Pinkie Pie's ability to predict the future makes perfect sense. She's actually some kind of jedi master... One wonders what else she might be capable of.

I wish I had the link but I did see someone asking Lauren about the Earth ponies since Unicorns had magic and Pegasus had power over the weather. She did state that Earth ponies are especially attuned to the land and nature and that is why they focus on farming, growing, animal care-taking, and so forth. Pinky though, her ability may be entirely unique.

hi hi

I wish I had the link but I did see someone asking Lauren about the Earth ponies since Unicorns had magic and Pegasus had power over the weather. She did state that Earth ponies are especially attuned to the land and nature and that is why they focus on farming, growing, animal care-taking, and so forth. Pinky though, her ability may be entirely unique.

I think that's where we're going with this: it's unique, but related to her being an Earth pony.

hi hi

I mean, when all that random stuff falls on Twilight all at once, it isn't a plant or animal or even alive.
Sure, thats what Pinkie Pie would like you to believe. :lol: Now that I think about it though, the things that fell might not have been alive, but they were all dropped by someone who was alive.

I wonder if her ability to know where Rainbow Dash is running and arrive there ahead of time is related.

hi hi

I knew what you were talking about, I'd seen it too, I just didn't know where to find it. But, by chance, just found it.

tumblr_lhm5877Pff1qh6nh1o1_500.jpg