Friendship, Dungeons, Magic & Dragons (now with added transcript)

Davroth

Welcome.

This is about an attempt to run a D&D group set in Equestria, with the players being ponies of course, set some hundred years before the shows timeline.

The setup will be the following. I'll livestream from my desktop so I can show the players pictures and maps and because a gridded map makes combat easier. Meanwhile the players can interact in a chat (voice or text, to be decided by the group). We will be playing following D&D 4.5 edition rules.

I planned out a small campaign that should be finished in 4-5 sittings a 2-3hours. It will be combat heavy, compared to the show. It will involve nightmarish monsters and amazing treasures, and that's about how much I want to disclose about that.

Here's a list of people that showed interest so far, in order:

Flutterguy (Wants to play a healer)

Appliance (Knight, Slayer, Hexblade)

Willow Whisper (Wants to play a Unicorn druid)

DantonDamnark (Sky Pegasus Thief)

Zeal (Wants to play a Spellcaster)

AppleNitrox

Ulthor

LordBrony (time problems)

Now, I have the firm believe that the ideal size for a group is 5, because that's enough to cover all important positions, and it doesn't completely kills the group if one of the players drop out. That said, I would be willing to GM 2 groups simultaneously, but both with the same basic plot (so I'd then ask to not talk about it is public before both groups are through.)

Now, since most of the people who showed interest are new to Pen&Paper RPG, I'll be writing the characters statwise (in conjunction with the individual player of course), but they get to think up their backgrounds themselves.

Now, let me talk about the possible classes and races

Cleric

-Warpriest

Priests of the Order of the Sun, who travel Equestria fighting evil with the blade and divine power

Powers:

-Effective against evil and the undead

-Can heal his allies

-Defender and leader

Warrior

-Knight

Honorable warriors that focus on leading troops on the battlefield from the front, and specialized in defence.

Powers:

-locking down enemies

-shielding his allies

-Defender and Leader

-Slayer

Fearless warriors that charge headfirst into battle, proficient in cutting down monsters and lesser foes alike.

Powers:

-Getting in the thick of battle

-Fighting large enemies

-Striker and Defender

Rouge

-Thief

Thieves specialize in trickery and agility to overpower their enemies, and use their dexterity to overcome traps and locks alike.

Powers:

-Stealth and mobility

-most effective against single targets

-Striker and Scout

Wizard

-Enchantment

A school of magic specialized in influencing the minds of your foes and spreading confusion.

-Great utility in- and outside of combat

-crowd control

-controller and secondary striker

-Evocation

A school of magic that truly weaponizes arcane powers in form of lightning strikes and fireballs

Powers:

-Great utility in- and outside of combat

-High burst and single target damage

-Striker

-Illusion

A school of magic specialized in spreading confusion and fear amongst your enemies.

-locking down enemies form afar

-crowd control

-controller and striker

Druid

-Sentinel

A protector of nature, calling upon the powers of the primal spirits to fight the unnatural that threaten the world

Powers:

-Healer and Supporter

-Comes with an animal companion

-nature focused jack of all trades

Paladin

-Cavalier

Defenders of the heroic virtues, Cavaliers travel the land fighting injustice and terror wherever they find it, with word and sword, and favoured by divine powers

Powers:

-Charismatic leader

-Strikes down evil, most effective against groups

-Defender and healer

Ranger

-Hunter

Masters of ranged weapons, that specialize in tracking and defeating monsters that threaten civlization, by taking advantage of the powers of nature.

Powers:

-Effective against single targets

-Very useful in natural enviorments

-Striker and controller

-Scout

Specialized in the use of 2 weapons at once, Scouts use their agility to their advantage, and are also adept in travelling the wilderness.

Powers:

-Effective in hand to hand combat

-Relies on speed and stealth

-Striker and Scout

Warlock

-Hexblade

A combination of a warrior and an arcanist, the Hexblade draws his power from a pact with otherworldly powers.

Powers:

-Powerful fighter who combines deadly blades with arcane powers

-Adapt in both melee and ranged combat

-Striker

Races:

Unicorns

-Woods

Masterful archers and explorers, protectors of the forests (Based on Elves)

possible classes: Hunter, Druid

-Cities

Powerful Wizards, proud and noble citizens of Canterlot (based on Eldarin)

possible classes: Wizards, Clerics

Earth Ponies

-Planes

Born leaders and heroes, and favoured by fate (based on Halfelves)

possible classes: Paladins, Warriors

-Hills

Sturdy and hard working, and the soul of the hills (Based on dwarfs)

possible classes: Warriors, Clerics

Pegasi

-Sky

resourceful and playful, the foals of the clouds (based on halflings)

possible classes: Thieves, Scouts

-Land

Ambitious and driven, natural explorers and leaders (based on humans)

possible classes: Thieves, Warriors

Zebra:

-Wilderness:

Mysterious and alien, travellers from far away lands

possible classes: Hexblades, Druids

For those inclined to read up on 4th edition rules: Link

The only thing different is the character creation. The other rules stayed the same. Now, I know that look imposing, an a lot to read for some, but you don't need to know all the rules. It would be nice if everyone would read it once, though. :)

Character Sheets:

9Iyux3g8nOcH.jpg

1CMNGlwHcBC2.jpg

transkript, unedited.

02:04:02 TheMaster: The sun is still high as you reach the tower ruin. Some of you had been here for a while already, some of you just arrived. As you came closer you realize that it's indeed not a just a tower, but a small stronghold. ©

02:04:10 TheMaster: Most of the walls have been leveled by years of corrosion, but some of them are still visible through the budding vegetation.

02:04:35 TheMaster: ((you can describe your entrance now))

02:04:56 Raven: ((Go alphabetically, top to bottom.

02:05:08 Raven: ((That means you, Leaf.))

02:05:21 TheMaster: ((oh, I forgot, the map the old unicorn gave you is the sign that you are part of the group))

02:07:46 Raven: ((Leaf?))

02:07:54 Leafdancer: *lay still among the vegetation surrounding the tower, with her hooves tucked under her. Her lightly armored body was shrouded in an earth toned cloak that made her a little more difficult to see among he plants. Her eyes were closed as she waited silently, conserving energy for the journey to come. Beside her lay a young blackbear, napping.*

02:08:01 Leafdancer: (( Sorry about that. >.o ))

02:08:15 unifar: ((Are there trees near by?))

02:08:26 Raven: ((It is in whitetail woods.))

02:08:54 TheMaster: ((very strong vegetation))

02:11:00 Raven: *came late to the tower, having grown bored of the path and deviated from it a long way back. There she crept amongst the trees, feeling pleasantly free and alone, breathing in the familiar scent of pine and generally being quite at ease with the world. Using the map and her forestry skills, she navigated a winding path up to the tower, stopping to rest@ *

02:11:30 unifar: ((Do I go or wait for Silver?))

02:11:39 Little miss Silversword: {I'm still here.}

02:11:54 unifar: ((Oh, it said u were Idle))

02:12:39 Raven: @frequently and often. She arrived at the tower eventually however, and emerged on the lee side, walking through the ruins. She was not the sort to be afraid, yet the place had some foreboding aspect that made her cautious and she snuck about as best she could with the bells and other jangly bits attached to her ponyage.

02:12:46 Raven: @ frequently and often. She arrived at the tower eventually however, and emerged on the lee side, walking through the ruins. She was not the sort to be afraid, yet the place had some foreboding aspect that made her cautious and she snuck about as best she could with the bells and other jangly bits attached to her ponyage.

02:12:50 Raven: Whups

02:13:07 Raven: ((Sorry, go on Silver.))

02:13:26 Leafdancer: (( Jangly bits. The bane of stealth checks everywhere. ))

Little miss Silversword heißt jetzt Brave little Apps (02:14:57)

02:15:02 Appliance: {hngh}

Brave little Apps heißt jetzt Little miss Silversword (02:15:06)

02:16:34 Little miss Silversword: {I can't send you a message here, Davvy. Refreshing.

Little miss Silversword hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client). (02:16:38)

02:17:32 TheMaster: (hmmmm I'll look into another chat protocol too)

Little miss Silversword [Mibbit@99-109-113-118.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net] hat den Raum betreten. (02:17:58)

02:18:39 unifar: ((I'd look into LiveStream. Their Chat does not require login))

02:23:19 Little miss Silversword: *was pacing herself on the way to the tower, her hooves thudding on the ground heavily as she got closer to her destination. She was not far now, a good thing as she was hoping to get there with enough time to meet the others. She would have preferred to find this crystal on her own, but the old, wizened unicorn had wanted her to go in a group. She © *

02:25:26 Little miss Silversword: would recognize them by the map they carried, and they would set themselves up from there. Her weapons were on her, as always, and she wondered if these ponies would be trustworthy for a job such as this. If not, Silver would keep a wary eye out for any treachery.. Her eyes widened when she finally came upon the tower, and she entered cautiously. She was ©

02:25:42 Little miss Silversword: ready to ascend. With half-narrowed eyes, she began climbing up the steps of the tower.

02:26:01 unifar: *is in a tree where he can observe the whole group. He is lying upon a large branch with his eyes closed, though occasionally he opens them and looks around. Unifar has been waiting for the others for quite sometime, giving him plenty of time to consider the possibility of additional loot other than the artifact they were there for.*

02:26:51 Leafdancer: (( Are we still going by turns? ))

02:27:00 Raven: ((Indeed.))

02:27:18 TheMaster: (you can go on until you decide to meet )

02:30:13 Leafdancer: *flicked her ears at the gently clinking and jangling sound of metal that approached the tower, and opened her golden eyes to glance around. She rose gracefully to her feet and strode out into plain view, searching around for the source of the noise. "If somepony is there..." Her horn glowed a neon green color, and the map she had been given floated @*

02:30:57 Leafdancer: gently from the folds of her cloak to unfold in front of her. "Then know me as a friend." Her bear continued sleeping, oblivious to the new arrivals.

02:35:17 Raven: *came around a nondescript corner of the building, the weeds growing about it in a manner somehow to her liking, a rebellion against the structure placed there so brusquely. She heard a slight sound of snoring, and almost tripped over a great bear sleeping in the grass. Contrary to most ponies, she liked bears. She knelt down and touched on the head@*

02:35:24 Raven: @ gently, as creatures in whitetail woods were usually not dangerous. It was then she saw a glow from not too far away, a fellow unicorn hovering a map like the one she had been given. So she was part of the group. But how is it possible she hadn’t noticed the enormous creature behind her?

02:39:44 Raven: ((Go go Silverswoooord!))

02:41:58 Little miss Silversword: *had finally reached her destination, glancing around warily. She saw two mares speaking, and decided to stay back and merely observe. One had many ornaments on her body, namely her hooves, and the other was with a.. bear? Confused, she kept her distance and watched, deciding to show herself when the moment was right. They were both unicorns, if she wa ©*

02:43:53 Little miss Silversword: was* correct, a fact that both reassured and was disconcerting to her. Unicorns were very often creatures, and she did not place much trust in them. If these were the ponies she must work with, however, she would accept it. The old one needed the artifact, and she must do as she promised. It did not mean, however, that she would trust the others, lest they (c

02:43:58 Little miss Silversword: proved themselves to her.

02:46:19 unifar: *noticed as a new pony, looking like a Warrior, stumbled close to the two unicorns. "Newb, comin' in." Unifar said with a raised voice. Unifar was unsure if the the two Unicorns even knew if he was there, but he didn't care at this point.*

02:46:38 unifar: ((Newbie*))

02:47:13 TheMaster: (I'll chime in as soon as you look at the tower)

02:47:46 Little miss Silversword: {She didn't stumble.. but that works :3}

02:48:21 unifar: ((As in, 'came upon', 'walked into'...))

02:48:45 Little miss Silversword: {Ah, I apologize. Sorry }

02:50:17 Leafdancer: *was silent as she waiting for somepony, anypony to answer her call. A rasping voice caught her attention, and after a bit of looking she spotted the pony in the trees. A newbie? Her eyes found the other pony he had been speaking of. So she wasn't alone after all. The woods unicorn brandished the map, meaning to identify herself. "Greetings." She offered@*

02:52:50 Leafdancer: somewhat stiffly. "Might I ask, what brings you here?" The unicorn kept her eye on the two strange ponies, but did not yet notice the third beside her bear companion. The aforementioned bear woke up with a cavernous yarn, and looked at the pony beside him with a slightly cranky grumble, sounding almost like a question.

02:57:34 Raven: *watched the three ponies converge, content to sit still and be thankful of her dark coat and hat. The bear seemed somewhat atypical, but did not interest her beyond a few seconds. Instead, she looked at the tower itself against the sky, her head turning ringing once again. The very style of it made her feel insignificant.*

03:02:58 Little miss Silversword: *growled when she heard the voice of a stallion, looking up at the stallion. Her eyes narrowed again, and her tail bristled and the tip flicked, a measure of her anxiety. She did not trust her "companions" so far, and turned to watch the two unicorns. Her pose was stiff and formal, and she nodded her head slightly in greeting. Silver reached her head ©*

03:05:25 Little miss Silversword: back and retrieved her map, showing it to the three ponies before quickly tucking it away once again. The unicorn mare with the hat sat and looked around at the tower. The earthy-looking mare had asked a question, Silversword realized, and she turned her head to face her. "I suppose we are all here for the same task? If we are on the same side, I ©

03:05:41 Little miss Silversword: welcome you. If we are not, then I must urge you to reconsider your plans."

03:09:41 Little miss Silversword: {Ugh, stupid mistake. Meant to put "looking up and finding the source of the voice" for the first sentence.}

03:10:31 unifar: *glided down from his branch and landed in a several yards from Unicorn who had been admiring the foliage. "I agree" Unifar added. "Can we get this quest started? I've been waiting for you ponies for several hours now". Unifar glanced at the tower for a moment and remembered he had his map. "Here's my map, you can trust me" Unifar pulled out his map and©*

03:11:11 unifar: showed it to the Mare who had seemed to be playing things cautiously.

03:12:09 TheMaster: (do you want another round? Or shall I go on with description?)

03:12:20 Raven: ((Go on.))

03:12:49 unifar: ((I vote "Go on"))

03:13:14 Leafdancer: (( You can describe it. ))

03:13:29 Little miss Silversword: {Either is fine by me.}

03:14:38 TheMaster: As you look around in the ruins, you notice that these ruins must have been like this for a long time. Judging from the sizes of the doors and steps, it had been built by ponies, but you see non of the heraldic symbols so omnipresent in the castle of today. ©

03:15:54 TheMaster: As you take a first look around, you notice that most of the stronghold has collapsed, leaving only some piles of stone and a few walls. ©

03:19:06 TheMaster: The tower itself is only a line of stone walls, and an earthy floor with the occasional wooden plank sticking out. Weirdly enough, no trees or even grass grows inside the tower. ©

03:19:09 TheMaster: At the far end, there is an old fireplace, big enough to fit two ponies in it, and the remains of stone pillars in each corner of the almost square room.

03:22:00 unifar: ((Now what?))

03:22:02 TheMaster: (you can now say what you would like to do)

03:22:22 Leafdancer: *tucked her own map away in her cloak, and turned to head towards the tower. "I'm known as Leafdancer." She intoduced herself offhoofedly, and paused beneath entering the crumbling walls of the tower proper. "The elder said the 'key' must be inside this tower." She began sorting through stony rubble. "Did he mention what it looked like to anypony?"*

03:22:44 Leafdancer: (( Is that alright? Shes just searching around on the floor. ))

03:25:32 TheMaster: (ok, everyone can say what they would like to do)

03:25:39 unifar: ((I assume it is Raven

03:25:46 unifar: 's turn))

03:26:00 TheMaster: ( and pay attention to the private messages I sent out, please.)

03:26:30 Raven: *approaches behind Leafdancer. "There should be no mistake in its appearance. It will most likely be a ring or trinket of some sort, subtly enchanted so as to appear to be a simple ornament. That is how I would create such a thing." She smiles, her grin wide underneath the brim of her hat, yet her eyes invisible to the rest. "Let's not waste any time."*

03:27:03 unifar: ((Where are these PMs? I'm new to Chat))

Raven hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client). (03:29:29)

03:29:57 unifar: (( ))

03:30:38 Little miss Silversword: *glances around at the others, taking in their appearances and actions. The two unicorns seemed to be getting along so far. Silver frowned slightly, knowing that if something happened and they ended up fighting amongst themselves, it would not be a fair fight. Two unicorns against an earth pony? No. She must stay on neutral grounds with them all, at least *

03:30:39 Little miss Silversword: ©

Zeal [Mibbit@60-240-209-89.static.tpgi.com.au] hat den Raum betreten. (03:30:49)

Zeal heißt jetzt Raven (03:31:00)

03:31:18 Little miss Silversword: *glances around at the others, taking in their appearances and actions. The two unicorns seemed to be getting along so far. Silver frowned slightly, knowing that if something happened and they ended up fighting amongst themselves, it would not be a fair fight. Two unicorns against an earth pony? No. She must stay on neutral grounds with them all, at least *

03:31:20 Little miss Silversword: ©

03:31:45 unifar: ((I was just about to say "You may want to re post for Raven"))

03:34:10 Little miss Silversword: . The one with the hat grinned, making Silver a bit more wary. Her logic was sound, however, and they both agreed in the desire to save time. The faster she could get the crystal for the unicorn, the better. She did not find working with others pleasant, especially with those who were complete strangers. "I believe an introduction is in order," ©

03:37:17 Little miss Silversword: she mumbled, glancing around at the others. Of the three, Leafdancer seemed to be the most honest. Appearances could be deceiving, however. "I am Silversword. Now please, introduce yourselves and your talents so that we may get going."

03:38:46 unifar: *walked toward the fireplace, slowly. "You may call me what you like, but most poines know me as Unifar". Unifar scanned Silversword up and down. "You aren't part of the (Royal) Guard, are you?" Unifar asked. "Cause if you are, this expedition may get awkward...". Unifar continued toward the fireplace. He thought it looked 'out of place'. ©*

03:39:59 unifar: *grabbed a nearby stone and tossed it into the fireplace. It was a habit for him to check for traps.*

03:40:10 TheMaster: ©

03:42:36 TheMaster: Unifar's stone tapped into the fireplace but nothing happened. However, a clicking noise came from the spot Leafdancer had been digging. Eager to see if there was something underneath, she had removed a sizable amount of earth, and her front hooves now clicked on solid rock. ©

03:43:57 TheMaster: Not only that, but the straight furrow in the rock made it look like hoofmade stone plates, as seen often as floor decoration. These however look bare and grey.

03:49:18 Leafdancer: "Well met, all of you." Leafdancer replied as she dug. "I am a druid of the Everfree Circle. The forest has granted me spells, as well as Artur my bear-friend. He looks lazy, but in combat he can be fierce..." She smiled faintly, and stopped digging when she hit the original floor of the tower. "The key could be anywhere..." She began widening the hole she@

03:49:51 Leafdancer: dug, expanding her search further into the tower.

03:52:20 Raven: *brightened considerably when she heard the proposition of each pony revealing their name and profession, useful knowledge for any purpose. The pony she gathered was some sort of outlaw couldn’t have been any less subtle if the stone he threw were aflame, and the druid caused some small sickening sensation in her belly, having obviously bound a creature of*

03:52:28 Raven: the forest to her will in some manner. When it came to her turn, she considered for a moment. “I am something of a proficient user of magic, and my name comes in many forms.” She lost her grin momentarily. “You however, may all call me Raven.”

03:55:44 TheMaster: (hey, just a reminder, you can use your skills, too. the ones listed on you character sheet. just write it OOC in here or as a private message in the other tab. I'll then roll for you and tell you what you notice, see, remember etc.)

03:59:59 Raven: ((Silver?))

04:02:45 Little miss Silversword: {Sorry.}

04:08:19 Little miss Silversword: *watched the others for a moment, her gaze becoming less wary after a while. "No. I was once a Destrier, and am now a wandering knight, one could say." She noticed that they had all introduced themselves, something which calmed her considerably. Silver began tapping along the ground, checking for any hollow places where a key could be concealed.*

04:13:27 unifar: *was a little disappointed that the stone didn't trigger a trap. "Well then, I might as well tell you I have warrents for theft in all the major cities except Canterlot. Only a fool would commit a crime in the Guard's base of operations". Unifar looked up at the ceiling, thinking there may be something out of place up there.*

04:14:42 Raven: ((Telling lawful good character this = not good. ))

04:15:32 Leafdancer: (( Every time theres a rogue in the part, at least one person has to disapprove of him/her. ))

04:15:50 TheMaster: ((*nods*))

04:15:51 unifar: ((Unifar doesn't talk to many Lawful Goods. Considering his line of work.))

04:16:46 Leafdancer: (( Is it okay to post again, Davroth? ))

04:17:11 Raven: ((It's your turn, Leaf.))

04:17:14 TheMaster: ((I will intervene when I have to say something))

04:17:21 Little miss Silversword: {She has a sword, and three throwing hammers.. Not a good idea}

04:17:58 unifar: ((Unifar does have an explanation))

04:18:27 TheMaster: ((let's not discuss that in OOC talk, shall we? ))

04:19:07 unifar: ((kk))

04:19:48 Leafdancer: *listened passively, wisely choosing to remain out of the conversation. The ex-Destrier and the pegasus were city ponies it was clear, and the laws of the city did not concern her. She gave up digging after uncovering a bit more of the original floor of the tower. Her efforts had earned her no key so far, only covered her front legs in dust and soil,@*

04:22:43 Leafdancer: coloring them a lighter brown than her normal dark earthy hue. She shook some dust out of her mane, and wandered slowly around the perimeter of the inside of the tower, finally coming to the fireplace. She searched around the hearth, feeling the stone with her hooves searching for any loose bricks where a small object might be hidden.

04:23:43 Raven: *sighs at the strange antics of her followers, pacing a few steps away from the group and facing the ruined tower itself. She closed her eyes gently, her horn’s glow almost invisible underneath the thick fabric of her hat. She stretched further and further, stretching her arcane energy to find her quarry.*

04:26:59 Little miss Silversword: {Silver is tap-dancing, duh)

04:29:01 Raven: *trots over to a seemingly innocuous place on the ground and points to it, looking at Leafdancer. “You, dig here instead. You might have more luck.”*

04:30:53 TheMaster: ©

04:31:17 unifar: ((Wait did Silver skip their turn?))

04:31:50 TheMaster: (something is happening, that's why I intervene)

04:33:35 TheMaster: As Leafdancer taps her hooves around in the fireplace, you hear an very audible click, and the back of the fireplace slits away, revealing a slope leading downwards into the ground.

04:35:47 Leafdancer: (( Your turn still Silver, I think. Or Unifar's. Unless I should go? ))

04:36:05 Little miss Silversword: {I don't mind either.

04:36:08 Little miss Silversword: *}

04:36:15 TheMaster: ((let's keep the order for now))

04:36:43 Raven: ((I will roleplay whenever noone wishes to, if that is your desire.))

04:37:33 TheMaster: ((If we don't keep the order, talking will be impossible between the characters))

04:37:44 Leafdancer: (( Then its Silvers turn. ))

04:39:22 Raven: ((Be brave, my sweet!))

04:40:08 Little miss Silversword: *raises an eyebrow at Unifar. "I do not believe that /that/ was the wisest thing to tell somepony like me, eh? It would be best, for the sake of the old one, to keep quiet about criminal tendencies," she murmured, ears folded back. Her head lifted quickly and she stopped what she was doing when she noticed what was happening with the fireplace. ©*

04:41:55 Little miss Silversword: Cautiously, she trotted over to it, noticing the slope. She did not know where it led to, but she knew that they ought to go down there. "Well, we must continue then.." she muttered, venturing down the slope on steady hooves.

04:46:41 unifar: *was now second guessing his choice of word. "It is apparently still 'stealing' if you are taking a stolen object and returning it to its rightful owner" explained Unifar. Unifar looked over at what had happened by the fireplace and was a bit joyful that his instinct was correct. He looked back at Silversword. "Say what you like about my morals, but ©*

04:48:20 unifar: am doing this quest so I can make a better name for myself". Unifar covered his mouth to muffle his voice for the next part. "And pay of my criminal fines"

04:50:42 Leafdancer: *had turned her attention to Raven when she accidentally pushed the stone that caused the fireplace to open. The unicorn backed up slightly, giving the door time to open as she peered down the slope warily. She turned her attention back to the other unicorn. "Why did you want me to dig there? Did you find something?" The key could have been through the @*

04:51:42 Leafdancer: door, or maybe it was simply buried. She moved to the spot the unicorn had indicated and pawed it curiously searching through the dirt.

04:56:09 Raven: *smiled slightly as the Druid dug at the ground. “I sense some magical energy from that area of the ground. It may yet reveal some clues, so we must first unearth them.” She glanced worriedly at the staircase leading down into darkness, the steps disappearing so as to appear to simply drop off into a void of nothing. Let the warrior go first.*

05:01:24 Raven: (Sillllvaaaah~)

Little miss Silversword hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client). (05:01:51)

05:01:59 unifar: ((

05:02:03 Raven: ((I killed her. ; _ ; ))

05:02:20 unifar: ((Did she fall down the staircase?))

05:02:24 TheMaster: ((relax))

05:04:23 Leafdancer: (( Just having chat problems. ))

Brave little Apps [Mibbit@99-109-113-118.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net] hat den Raum betreten. (05:04:29)

05:04:37 TheMaster: (there we go)

05:04:46 Appliance: {GAH LAPTOP, you anger me so!}

Brave little Apps heißt jetzt Little miss Silversword (05:04:49)

05:05:53 Little miss Silversword: {Re-post, please.}

05:06:15 Leafdancer: ( Just Ravens post or my own as well? )

05:06:53 Raven: Leafdancer had turned her attention to Raven when she accidentally pushed the stone that caused the fireplace to open. The unicorn backed up slightly, giving the door time to open as she peered down the slope warily. She turned her attention back to the other unicorn. "Why did you want me to dig there? Did you find something?" The key could have been through

05:07:03 Raven: the door, or maybe it was simply buried. She moved to the spot the unicorn had indicated and pawed it curiously searching through the dirt.

05:07:08 Raven: Raven smiled slightly as the Druid dug at the ground. “I sense some magical energy from that area of the ground. It may yet reveal some clues, so we must first unearth them.” She glanced worriedly at the staircase leading down into darkness, the steps disappearing so as to appear to simply drop off into a void of nothing. Let the warrior go first.

05:10:13 TheMaster: (just fyi, I'll have to leave pretty soon)

05:10:26 TheMaster: (haven't looked on the clock really)

05:10:29 Raven: ((Silveeeer, you silly!)

05:10:57 Little miss Silversword: *reached her head back and unsheathed her sword, holding it carefully in her muzzle as she ambled down the slope. "You could shed a bit of light for me!" she called out, voice muffled.*

I think with the chat it would be best just to use the chatbox on the side of the livestream, most if not all livestream sites provide a chatbox just to the side. Also will you be incorporating your own rules/D&D rules or will you be following the MLP:RiM PDF Rule book? If you are following the Rule book then I've already got a character set up :D

P.S, if you need any help whatsoever don't hesitate to ask me :)

We will be playing following D&D 4.5 edition rules.

My thought was to use an IRC in addition so that we can keep the chatbox of the stream for OOC chatter if needed.

The chatboxes of streams are usually kinda small, which is not ideal for me.

That makes complete sense to me, I'll spend tonight reading up on the rules and getting my character up to scratch

Sounds fun. If there's a decent magic class with some level of utility, I might give it a shot.

(I have a lot of experience in role playing, though recently it's mostly been w40k)

It depends on what kind of "Magic" you want to be doing.

So erm, I'm in then? But I don't want to slow the game down by forgetting I'm playing - I tend to do that, see.

Let me tell you now that Pen&Paper in it's nature is very involved and you should give it your full attention while playing it. If you can't provide that, then you probably shouldn't play. If you think you can handle that, I see no problem.

Sounds fun. If there's a decent magic class with some level of utility, I might give it a shot.

Noted, I'll PM you later.

That makes complete sense to me, I'll spend tonight reading up on the rules and getting my character up to scratch

I'd prefere if you'd leave the stats to me. I'll involve each of the players in the choices made, but since there are several here who never played I want to make sure the characters are balanced and the group is rounded.

Also, I'm making slight adjustments to the core rules to fit the scenario better.

Around which time (GTM) would this be done? Cause it sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I can as I live in the Netherlands.

I'll put you down as "interested" but the time is not determined yet.

Let me tell you now that Pen&Paper in it's nature is very involved and you should give it your full attention while playing it. If you can't provide that, then you probably shouldn't play. If you think you can handle that, I see no problem.

Yeah... yeah I should probably bail out while I still can. :/ It was worth a look though, all the same. Just a pity I'd need constant reminders.

Also, would you mind giving me a link or something so I can read up on the D&D 4.5 edition rules?

seconded, though I still kinda prefer the RIM rules

also I think I'll have to be put on as doubtful, 6pm CST is 8am local time for me and I might have problems getting up :P

seconded, though I still kinda prefer the RIM rules

I'm not so fond of the RIM rules myself, and I don't really want to GM them. But that is not to say someone else can't make his own thing with those rules.

also I think I'll have to be put on as doubtful, 6pm CST is 8am local time for me and I might have problems getting up :P

I'm sorry about that. But for me, that's already from 11pm to 3am. That's about as far as I can go.

I would okay with the time you suggested on Saturdays and Wednesdays. Its about 4 PM California time if I've not mistaken? I'd never be able to play on Fridays though. Is this going to be a once a week game, or multiple sessions per week?

That kind of depends if we get 1 or 2 groups going. But I think once a week should be the rule of thumb here.

I'd personally would not mind being a Scout Ranger (from Woods). But I can adapt to an Illusion Wizard if need be.

Also, would you mind giving me a link or something so I can read up on the D&D 4.5 edition rules?

I only allow Pegasi to be Scouts, since their speciality is fighting with 2 melee weapons at once. If you mean a Unicorn Ranger Hunter, then that's no problem.

Check the updates. :)

Also: Updated!!

-found quickstart rules (from wizards of the coast's website, so 100% legal and legit)

-added character sheets, to give a feel how those look like.

Hello, I want say I'm in. My schedule is free at all times, except that I have randomly placed appointments frequently- Mainly to the doctors or the store. Also saturdays are no good, since I actually play DnD 4e with my cousin and her friends in the afternoon.

I wanted to play KindShadow, who would be a Unicorn, most likely. I'd want him to be a Striker. Possibly a rouge, ranger, or that slayer class. I'm only familiar with rouge and ranger, but I can familiarize myself with slayer. If a ranger, I want to use twin blades or an animal companion, not a bow. I also have the character builder... Just tell me what custom rules to add.

Also, I was playing around with the idea... Say I do go Ranger, animal companion... Can I choose a second pony...? A mute, companion also from the Shadow family of monster hunters. SilentShadow . According to the history I have in mind, the family is supposed to work together and stuff like that.

Oh and as for specific times, I'm willing to wake up at any time, assuming it doesn't interfere with doctor's appointment. In which case I will warn you ahead of time.

Hello, I want say I'm in. My schedule is free at all times, except that I have randomly placed appointments frequently- Mainly to the doctors or the store. Also saturdays are no good, since I actually play DnD 4e with my cousin and her friends in the afternoon.

I wanted to play KindShadow, who would be a Unicorn, most likely. I'd want him to be a Striker. Possibly a rouge, ranger, or that slayer class. I'm only familiar with rouge and ranger, but I can familiarize myself with slayer. If a ranger, I want to use twin blades or an animal companion, not a bow. I also have the character builder... Just tell me what custom rules to add.

Also, I was playing around with the idea... Say I do go Ranger, animal companion... Can I choose a second pony...? A mute, companion also from the Shadow family of monster hunters. SilentShadow . According to the history I have in mind, the family is supposed to work together and stuff like that.

Ok ok, hold your horses (no pun intended). We are not playing straight 4th edition, but the Essentials line (also known as 4.5E). I made a list above of what kind of combinations I allow. Why I want to use the Essentials edition rules for character generation is basically because the classes feel more varied.

Anyway, the ranger with 2 weapons are the Scouts, and those can only be pegasi. Druids get animal companions, Rangers don't in this edition. There are possibilities to train an animal, though, but probably not another pony.

Hmmm. I'm an old school D&D player. Started playing when 2nd ED was out. Stopped when 3.5 ED came. I'd love to play but I'm afraid my erratic work schedule just isn't going to do. However if you guys are doing this in livestream, I'd just like to sit in and watch.

Hasbro has 2 amazing products here. MLP and D&D. The fun has just been doubled. :D

• Like 1