I was thinking the other night...

Rocky

(Hopefully this is right place for this thread)

I was thinking to myself (2 things) ~ So, I know that there are female Alicorns (if you will), and many female unicorns... Are there any male Alicorns, and are there any male unicorns (aside from Snails)? ~ I have not seen anything like that in the first season, or this one so far...

Snips AND Snails are both unicorns.

For your ease, here's a list from the MLP: FIM wiki, since a lot of the fan names you may not know for the ponies:

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ponies/Unicorn_ponies

I see at least a dozen, though like most ponies, they're mainly background ponies.

I believe the word of god was no other alicorns?

Snips AND Snails are both unicorns.

For your ease, here's a list from the MLP: FIM wiki, since a lot of the fan names you may not know for the ponies:

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ponies/Unicorn_ponies

I see at least a dozen, though like most ponies, they're mainly background ponies.

I believe the word of god was no other alicorns?

Ah yes, I was going to point IRockZ28 to the background pony list. Anyhow, even though there are no other Alicorns now doesn't mean there weren't in the past.

Ah yes, I was going to point IRockZ28 to the background pony list. Anyhow, even though there are no other Alicorns now doesn't mean there weren't in the past.

I see. This helps! Thanks!

This begs the question. What happened in the past to have all the alicorns be to near extinction?

well, we dont even know how alicorns... ermm... "work", as far as im concerned, they can be semidivine beings of near immortality with magical and physical skills far greater than any other kind of pony thrown into the world as agents of peace and harmony. or they could also be the last remnant of an undead caste which have kept theirselves alive with the blood of innocent griffin along the times.

all this as a posture that it is too early to think of other alicorns, i mean, the princesses can be unique. there is no way to prove one way or another.

until there is any official word-of-god canon answer, i say we sit back and enjoy the show, im sure it will come someday somehow (im betting Faust's DA, as has happened with other things in the series)

ps: im liking my undead theory, mind you.

hi hi

I'm a big fan of the "Paradise," story, in which both Celestia and Luna started out as earth ponies and only got their unicorn horns and pegasus wings later. (And not because they drank from the holy grail either.) The "last of their kind," hypothesis seems to get a lot of traction in fan circles though.