Episode 9 sypnosis

http://www.equestria...elite.html#more

Is it a well-needed AJ episode? Nope, it's actually another Rarity-centric episode.

Sweet and Elite

Rarity must choose between her friends and important social connections in Canterlot.

At this point, the next few weeks are going to be ALL about Rarity and Rainbow Dash (and that one Applebloom episode).

Air date: December 3rd. Still no skip week.

I'm guessing we might see the return of Photo Finish, Sapphire Shores and Hoity Toity on this episode. Or possibly a new celebrity pony.

I'm definitely expecting an appearance from Hoity Toity here. Rarity's relationship with him seemed to be pretty solid at the end of "Suited for Success". A bit of Sapphire Shores and Photo Finish isn't unlikely either.

... oh dear. What if one of the "important social connections" she has to schmooze with in order to get ahead in Canterlot is Prince Blueblood? Potentially extremely awkward.

Meanwhile, of course, she's a personal friend of Princess Celestia, so that must make the social dynamic a bit odd.

In most cartoons, I'd assume a standard "ambition is bad, always choose your friends" ending. Here, I'm not so sure. I know she'll stay in Ponyville, to keep the show going in its regular format and avoid breaking the "episodes can be watched in any order" principle, but the show has been pretty good about Rarity's ambitions in the past (her successes with Hoity Toity and Sapphire Shores are portrayed as entirely good things). I think there'll be some kind of compromise which doesn't sacrifice Rarity's ambitions on the altar of friendship. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

As much as I adore Rarity... I mean, she's probably my second favorite of the mane six by this point... she really has enough episodes.

Do they realize that the last time Applejack hasn't had a starring role in an episode since episode 13 of the first season? That's just not cool...

Hopefully at least one of these episodes has more AJ in it than they're letting on...

That said, this episode does sound like it should be a good one, so I can't complain too much. ;)

I personally hope that in the end they manage to find a way to balance Friendship with Business if this contact turns out to be related to her business or that it it's a new character that they turn out to be a fraud when Rarity turns them down. I really hate those episodes where a character has to choose between the other main characters and the promise of fame/fortune and they inevidably end up stuck in the status quo, I know the real reason for the staff of those shows doing that but I wish they wouldn't push the message that success/having what you've dreamt of can only make you miserable or that taking an oppertunity means that you can never go back (I know why they do that but I still don't like it)

Then again, the staff of Frienship is Magic has made miracles happen before, they've taken a story that was used in Pony Tales and given it a better ending than the original, they've make episodes about talent shows that are doomed to end in failure and being over compeditive interesting, they've even made joke and tropes that normally I'd respond to with "Not this again" and made me enjoy them, I trust them to handle this well too

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still hoping for another character origins episode, like Cutie Mark Chronicles...

Still, this is a Rarity episode, so it excites me! But, my other favorites just aren't getting enough love... Applejack needs an episode, definitely!

Prediction: Rarity frets over a difficult decision, but comes to a conclusion that is very simple and obvious that she overlooked in her worrying.