A Remedy for what ails you~!

Remedy

About myself.: My name is Sam and I'm new here to Canterlot.com. I have come searching for a place to role play peacefully within the MLP universe. I must admit that I find myself very busy with school (and that which comes with it), so if I am gone for a period of time, this is why. I can usually be reached on my IM handles at any time, so feel free to send me a message!

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: I googled

How did you became a fan of FiM?: Let

My one favourite main cast pony?: Rainbow Dash

More about my fandom favorite: I'm really torn between Rainbow Dash and Rarity. They're both fabulous characters and it is very hard for me to choose one over the other.

- - - - - And because I messed up:

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: I googled 'My Little Pony Role Play Boards'. Quite literal!

How did you became a fan of FiM?: I believe I heard about it from an online buddy of mine. He told me about it and got me to watch a few episodes. After the first few I still thought it was too childish for me. After a few more I was getting into it. Past episode 10-- it was the point of no return. I was a fan!

- - - - -

Why, hello everyone!

It is a pleasure to meet you all and to have you reading my silly little introduction. It means a lot to me! I suppose I should started talking about myself, huh?

Well, I'll start off with a name. How about that? You can call me by Sam or Remedy. I come from the lovely state of Massachusetts. It's a great place and I love it here. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else to be honest.

I am an art major at the local university with a concentration in Graphics Design. I must admit that I'm not learning as much about Graphics Design that I wish I was. I'll be taking plenty of classes next semester to fix that problem though!

My ultimate career goal is to be a Concept Artist. I feel like everyone wants to have a job as a CA, so it's going to be very competitive. I will do my best though! With a bit more fine-tuning and some more education in digital painting, I'm sure I will be that much closer to my goal!

In my spare time I draw in my sketchbook and paint in Photoshop-- a lot. I don't come up with many finished products (which seems to be my problem), but I am always sketching; putting my ideas down on paper. You know? I find it hard to put 100% focus into my for-fun drawings because of school. So I wind up forgetting about them and they are eventually banished to the cold recesses of my computer. So the drawings you may see 'completed' by me are usually finished in a little under an hour or two.

I haven't gotten to draw any MLP art, but I plan on getting to it eventually. I fall in-and-out of my fandom phases. I'll drop one and pay attention to another for a while. Eventually one sticks long enough for me to dish out a few dozen completed drawings.

Let's not forget about the main reason I am here: to role play! I love RP, it's one of my favorite past times. I am new here, but I will read the rules thoroughly. Messing up is always the last thing on my to-do list. If you're interested in chatting with me, I love getting messages! You can add me on IM too. Check out my profile for those.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to get to know you all very soon!

- - - With love and tender hooves,

- - - - - - - - - Sam

Edited by Remedy

Hello!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the IRC Chat.

If you want to create some pony art, you can submit it to the Gallery.

Welcome to Canterlot!

HEEEEEEEY, Welcome to the forums and such - nice to see new folks turning up!

Seeing as how Tales has told ya all about the rules pages and such, I'mma go ahead and state that there's always the Getting Started section for any further enquiry you might have about how to make applications and how to generally get along with everything that takes place here. Also, Skye runs a RP Masterclass now and then for those who migzht need a little assistance with RP Concepts, so whenever you feel like you need a hand, don't be afraid to ask him about it!

Mods, admins and General helpstaff are also on hand to help with any other questions and things that you may wanna ask/find out more about that may or may not already be covered by that aforementioned help area - so there's literally nothing to lose by looking around or asking anypony for help here!

Now that I've covered that, I'm gonna go right ahead and award you a complimentary Glowstick! ^^;

lumo_glow_stick.jpg

Welcome to the boards, I hope you have yasself a blast up in here! <3

Seeing as how Tales has told ya all about the rules pages and such, I'mma go ahead and state that there's always the Getting Started section for any further enquiry you might have about how to make applications and how to generally get along with everything that takes place here. Also, Skye runs a RP Masterclass now and then for those who migzht need a little assistance with RP Concepts, so whenever you feel like you need a hand, don't be afraid to ask him about it!

Once I settle in, you won't be able to get rid of me. That's the truth!

Oh, believe me Robikku, the Getting Started section was my biggest friend for an hour or two as I looked over anything. I knew I wanted to finish my character app before I went to bed so I made sure to do as much research as I could on how to set it up.

And an RP Masterclass you say? Hmm. I might ask about it, but I don't think I'm in desperate need of hand-holding. I'd consider myself to be a polished RPer. But if it focuses more on MLP universe I may consider it. I'm not that used to RP within MLP, after all, but I'm good at learning as I go.

Well, it's more a standard 'It exists if you want to see it' thing - from your application, though, it's clear that you're familiar with the concept.

Also, if you fancy talking to a crazy yet friendly herd of Canterlot ponies right now, the IRC chat link is Here - or you can simply set up whatever IRC client you might use in accordance to the settings listed in the tutorials section - I only offer because it's one way to get to know your fellow fans and to get a little glimpse of the various personalities and ideas that really go into the RP's outside of where they're posted. They're pretty active, too, so you'll usually find a bunch of us in there at any one time. Of course chat isn't always for everypony, but it's worth trying once just to have a chat with some of our more regular faces! :3

And I suppose that's about all I can probably suggest/inform you of for now...you're doing a great job with the app, and everything seems good for the moment.

So, once again - Welcome to Canterlot! :P

Is this the same chat link (obviously not, but) that is in the navigator bar up top? When I click on Chat my browser asks me to install Adobe FlashPlayer, when I already have installed. However, when I click on the link you just gave me (the mibbit one), it works fine. Odd. I'm not willing to download MIRC on this computer (currently at my parent's home), but when I get back to my dorm I will try to access the Canterlot IRC with that. I'm all for getting to know ponies!

"Everything seems good for the moment?" What, am I going to turn into a cereal killer when no one's looking?

... Maybe. Maybe. (No, I'm kidding!)