Say hello from Japan

dragonewt

About myself.: Probably I am the only one Japanese here. My employments are 3D motion designer and movie editor in Tokyo. And, I'm studing Adobe Flash. I would like to make secondary creation of MLP:FiM in the future.

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: Equestoria Daily that I subscribe had made reference about Canterlot.com.

How did you became a fan of FiM?: Though regrettable, MLP:FiM is seldom known in my country, but there was an opportunity for me to get to know MLP:FiM on youtube (That was simply luck, I think). That made me become a brony :3

My one favourite main cast pony?: Twilight Sparkle

Greetings, everypony! I'm glad to see you and canterlot.com!

I hope to spend wonderful time with everypony here!

P.S. : Sometimes my English skill is getting poor, but please laugh and allow (or point out).

Hello!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the IRC Chat.

Got a link to where ED referenced the site?

Welcome to Canterlot!

Oh, I forgot to ask one.

Although I know that there is time difference, I'm unacquainted with concrete time.

Please tell me, when are you most active in forum?

Of course, my activity time can't be completely fit to everypony.

But, I can play easily by getting to know it :3

Hey, I was using that table! ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

Irassyaimase!

7AM-1PM JST would be the most active hours, or between 4-10PM CST. We also have a lot of European people here, so there's something goin on at any hour.

So Thunder Runner, you must listen to me. It is your job to spread MLP across Japan. GO FORTH AND CONVERT THE PEOPLES. It's half-anime already with those GIANT EYES. Didn't Powerpuff Girls gain a small following over there?

So Thunder Runner, you must listen to me. It is your job to spread MLP across Japan. GO FORTH AND CONVERT THE PEOPLES. It's half-anime already with those GIANT EYES. Didn't Powerpuff Girls gain a small following over there?

*salute* Yes ma'am! I will try!

In fact, I'm trying to create Japanese subtitles of episodes individually.

It should become an aid to which MLP:FiM spreads to Japan :D

• Like 1

Yay! Someone near my timezone. Hello Thunder Runner, I'm in Southeast Asia. If you need someone to talk to you can prolly PM me during your timezone. I know Japan is an hour ahead of us so there isn't much of a difference. Do drop by the chatroom since there are always Ponies online there 24/7. ^_^

You've probably seen this and some other fandubs. My impression is that they sound a bit accented, but hay, it's not my native language. What do you think?

I think that pronunciation is not bad. But, their accents are ... y'know, a little bit weird.

Furthermore, it's delicately wrong in the nuance of the translation.

However, such challenge are GREATLY welcomed! :3

A few of the other Japanese fandubs floating around youtube sounded worse than this. This was the best sounding one to my untrained ears.

Yes, that is very good for English speaker. I have never met English speaker who speaks Japanese with former so sufficient pronunciation!

But, even if I disregard mistranslation, a native speaker like me feels a little sense of incongruity. (Maybe same as my English gives you sense of incongruity)

Probably, it's all the causes that they aren't familiar with Japanese colloquial speech, I think.

Except there accents, their performance and voice are AWESOME :3

Yes, that is very good for English speaker. I have never met English speaker who speaks Japanese with former so sufficient pronunciation!

But, even if I disregard mistranslation, a native speaker like me feels a little sense of incongruity. (Maybe same as my English gives you sense of incongruity)

Probably, it's all the causes that they aren't familiar with Japanese colloquial speech, I think.

Except there accents, their performance and voice are AWESOME :3

Nihongo o benkyoo-simasita desu kedo, tyotto dake wasuremastia. (<-- Probably got tense wrong there?)

Studied for about a year and a half, but I was never very good. It is not an easy language to learn if english is the language you speak! Teacher told me my accent was decent, but I never could get the hang of particles (ga, wa, o. I used ni and de pretty well). I also just don't have a good memory.

Your English sounds a bit odd at times, but I have no trouble understanding you. Mostly there's just some extra words in there. Still, I admire anyone who can learn a second language so well, especially one who started with a language as different as Japanese.

Your English sounds a bit odd at times, but I have no trouble understanding you. Mostly there's just some extra words in there.

Well, THAT is I'm worrying.

I love RPing, but my English gets sometimes odd. I'm worrying my odd English makes my character gets odd after all.

That's why I'm hesitating to join to RP.

Well, THAT is I'm worrying.

I love RPing, but my English gets sometimes odd. I'm worrying my odd English makes my character gets odd after all.

That's why I'm hesitating to join to RP.

Folks here are pretty accepting of some language difficulties. Especially if we know you're not a native speaker.