Dynamite[Final((Once Again))]

McWinniage

RoleplayType: Mane Roleplay

Name: Dynamite

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Jet black

Coat Color: Neon Purple

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Has a spiky mane. It is black and red, with black being up in front and red in the back. Dyna's tail arches up slightly, before cutting in and going back out. It then runs down to the midway point of his hind legs, then zig-zags up and down. Finally, it straightens out around his hindquarters

Physique: Dyna has a fairly slim build, and can be described as quite weak in every aspect. Although, he is quite nimble and a pretty strong jumper.

Cutie Mark: A small bundle of TNT.

Origin/Residence: Trottingham

Occupation: Aspiring Demolitions-Pony, currently works in the vineyards.

Motivation: To move out to Roughrider Ridge and start his own mining colony.

Likes: Explosives, loud music, pretty much anything destructive or loud.

Dislikes: His current apprenticeship in the quiet town of Trottingham.

Character Summary:

Ever since he was a young foal, Dynamite has been fascinated by explosives. He envies his older brother, Wrench, who constantly travels the west as a handy-pony. Dynamite thinks of his older sister as a nerd. She took up a job in Canterlot as a historian, though she is often brushed-off as a 'simple country-pony'. Dynamite was brought up by his parents briefly, before they decided on moving to Canterlot when Wrench moved out west. Dyna wanted to say, it was easier to see his big bro if he stayed in Trottingham. His parents didn't take to kindly to the idea, but grudgingly accepted so long as he took up an apprenticeship under his uncle, who he would be staying with.

Ah, Dynamite's cutie mark. It came to him during what most of Trottingham calls a freak accent, although Dynamite says it was "destiny". A mining train was on its way to deliver precious gems to the upper crust of Canterlot. Being the bright, albeit mischievous colt he was, Dynamite snuck into the train in the dead of night. He was able to slip in and out of the shadows with his wiry build, and eventually found what he was looking for. Dynamite hastily collected the goods and rushed off the way he had came. Only a pony with a keen eye could have noticed Dynamite as he hugged the shadows, skirting the town and delving into the forest. Dynamite ran and ran until his little legs couldn't take it, he fell to the ground with a soft thud. He had made it, the shallow cave he had come to know like the back of hand. Picking himself up with a huff, Dynamite began to unpack his explosive findings.

KABOOM!

Dynamite grinned wildly as his huge eyes reflected the explosion he, the demo-pony,​ had caused. Dyna scrabbled into the small hole he had made, and almost squealed at what he saw.

Gems.

As for personality, Dynamite is a bit of a hot-head, and isn't afraid to pick a fight. He prides himself in his demo skills, and likes to brag about his top-secret "bunker" off somewhere in the vineyards. Dyna is rather self-conscious about his strength, he can barely pull a cart-full of grapes. But he is a strong jumper, claiming to having jumped from roof-top to roof-top.

This application, so far, look okay. One of the suggestions that I have for the Character Summary is to talk about how he gets his cutie mark. Why did he get a yellow explosion outlined in black as a cutie mark? Does it have something to do with his likes or his current job? I don't know if Roughrider Ridge is a real place in Equestria. Look at it up and if it isn't a real place, then choose another location then.

Yes Roughriders Ridge is an actual place in the Mane RP it is located in Greater Equestria in the Borderlands.

And the maps are fairly recent so carry on <3

I must point out though I do not believe you can keep the name After Burner as his original name, but he can keep it as a nickname. We do not know much about your character at all does he have any dreams? Why did he choose to move towards Roughriders Ridge? Does he still keep in contact with his family? I wish to know more about how he acquired his cutie-mark, not just the short version. Did he grow up with his parents or with his uncle? What exactly is it that interested him about the west and not just the rest of Equestria? These are just a few questions to help your app along. :)

A few more points you could add is what got him interested in explosions in the first place, the first fireworks show he saw, a story from his older brother? Also as BlindJester suggested, you should really explain in detail how you got your cutie mark, for example what was this mishap you are talking about.

Also lets not forget your pony is only a colt, so still a young pony, you probably will not have an active mining colony till your a grown stallion. So maybe starting as a stallion would be a better idea then a young colt, as you might have to Rp for a while before you can get your mine going if your a colt.

But onto some of the good points, you have a strong idea for a character application, and the loves to blow stuff up can have huge potential in a fun Rp storyline. Not to mention the die hard personality you have gave your pony. So you have a great and solid start, and a excellent idea for a character.

One more suggestion I could offer, and a point BlindJester stated was your character's name, would be a great nick name but maybe something more driven by your personality for a name would be a better choice.

Blech, life ate me up the past week. This should be finalized by tomorrow.

I am well aware of how long I'll have to roleplay him before he can even attempt at moving out. I like to give a lot of leeway to my characters, I feel that starting out at a younger age is a great way to develop.

Please do not constantly bump your application, I say this because if you do then it will be most likely that we will not get to it since most staff members start from the bottom of the list and work their way up. Please be paitent as we do have to tend to other apps and users. We will get to your app as soon as possible.

The cutie-mark story is a little confusing for me. At first it says

Ah, Dynamite's cutie mark. It came to him during what most of Trottingham calls a freak accent, although Dynamite says it was "destiny".

Then it goes on to say that Dynamite snuck onto the train. How could it have been a freak accident if Dynamite was deliberate in his actions? Another part that confuses me is

Dynamite snuck into the train in the dead of night. He was able to slip in and out of the shadows with his wiry build, and eventually found what he was looking for. Dynamite hastily collected the goods and rushed off the way he had came.

It talks about him getting onto the train and taking the 'goods' but do not say exactly what they were(Although I know what you mean it would be nice if you cleared this up.) The last part of the story seems a little jumbled together he's running away from the train, yet he ends up at a cave he knew, then he unpacks his 'goods' next thing we know there is an explosion and he finds gems.

What was he doing near that cave that he's loved so much? Where did he put the 'goods' and when it exploded did the cave collapse? How did he know what the train was carrying what he wanted/needed? I'd like to know a bit more about this story.