Gaming

Hippo

There's a Pheonix Wright and Ponies crossover in the works, as well as various flash games.

They're all fan made though.

I plan on making a final fantasy type game too, if I can get the sprites.

That being said, I don't think Hasbro will ever make a good game based on MLP.

Well, I can understgand Hasbro not interested in go into that direction. I wonder how they feel about the recent craze. They could make a lot of money off it. But they may continue to aim towards the original demographic to keep it from 'ruining' the franchise for people who have always liked MLP.

hi hi

The question I have is what kind of gameplay would such a game have. Friendship doesn't have a lot to do with fighting, so a lot of the easy genres aren't really applicable. However, there are some concepts out there that I could see working.

• A cloud clearing sim for Rainbow Dash. There's a huge gap in flight games between non-goal oriented flight sims and shoot em up combat games. I'm a huge fan of flying and I love the feeling of freedom that it brings, but most flying games have elements that inhibit that effect. Usually they try to have you follow a set course, like a racing game, but that just ends up making it feel too restricted. A game where you clear out cloud formations that appear randomly would allow you to chart your own course through the sky and have a goal as well as the feeling of freedom.

• An RPG with primarily conversation based conflict system might be super hard to make, but the results would be spectacular. There are lots of writers out there though, and I've seen lots of neat conversation based games out there -usually involving dialogue trees. But it could be set up as a puzzler, where you unravel the truth of some mystery through investigation and talking to different people about what they know.

• A platformer is probably the simplest route to take, and Twilight does have this thing about falling off cliffs... If anyone has ever played the original "lost vikings," I could see a puzzle based platform where each pony's special ability is required to get through a level.

• The biggest, most grandiose, most improbable idea would be a social based MMO based on Equestria. It would have to discard the standard paradigm that MMOs have of "fight monsters, get loot." It could be reversed, however, into something that involves cooperation. I remember my good friend telling me about the "good old days of ultima online," where people built their own towns, practically from scratch. That got me thinking: if you could have some kind of social apparatus (kind of like facebook or something) where everypony could join however many different groups as they want, you could use those groups to resolve issues of how to delegate in game space and remove griefers from the equation ((who are so prevalent in other community building games like minecraft multiplayer)). So essentially, you would do tasks to keep your town running smoothly, and in turn you would be rewarded reputation as a contributing member, which would open up more options for you to take on different quests.

Here's some examples that best illustrate what I had in mind:

From Spyro: A Hero's Tail, the environments have pony-potential. This style of art is good for the 2D to 3D transfer.

OStKLRKvFqQ

From Epic Mickey, it's not entirely necessary to have Rainbow Dash-type characters to pull off an amazing adventure.

YN0RcVD6_RA

From this little joke of a game, ATHF: Zombie Ninja Pro-Am shows how the 2D to 3D transfer is done without ruining the integrity of the original designs of the characters.

fhpiJtm9H4M

And I can't help but mention this Spyro game. The next one. To be release this Fall, Activision has combined a toy to video game combination that looks to be interesting. IMO, this is right up Hasbro's alley

qwQmsBjoWZQ

Yes I know, Spyro's new look is ugly, we all know...

And I can't help but mention this Spyro game. The next one. To be release this Fall, Activision has combined a toy to video game combination that looks to be interesting. IMO, this is right up Hasbro's alley

qwQmsBjoWZQ

Yes I know, Spyro's new look is ugly, we all know...

This concept seems interesting... :?

BUT THE HECK HAPPENED TO SPYRO?!

posted in another thread, but they serve an entertaining purpose on video game remixes of the songs. You know, this show has a surprisingly number of songs. Of course, these versions would only be appropriate for a DS version, I suppose.

KT98v0MI8Vo

AfhUJbDQ1JA

posted in another thread, but they serve an entertaining purpose on video game remixes of the songs. You know, this show has a surprisingly number of songs. Of course, these versions would only be appropriate for a DS version, I suppose.

KT98v0MI8Vo

YES

This is exactly what I was looking for music wise.

NOW I JUST NEED SOME SPRITES AND I'LL BE ON MY WAY

Over on DerpyHooves they are developing a large FiM sandbox game engine in Flash that they plan to release so that budding game designers can make their one FiM based flash games using all the pre-assembled code and symbols. Very cool!

I0K_-c07J78

RainbowDashArcade.jpg

A game where the core six are put into an action game would give the girls strengths like these:

Fluttershy-

Special Traits: Flight, Grace (easily dodges enemies)

Primary Attack: The Stare

Secondary Attack: Bird call (birds attack)

Rainbow Dash-

Special Traits: Flight, Fast

Primary Attack: Rainbow Tornado

Secondary Attack: Sonic Rainboom

Twilight Sparkle-

Special Traits: Magic (move small objects)

Primary Attack: Magic Blast

Secondary Attack: "#12" (puts enemies to sleep)

Rarity-

Primary Attack: Whine (resists enemies)

Secondary Attack: Fashion Show (enemies are distracted)

Pinkie Pie-

Special Traits: Laughter (removes small threats)

Primary Attack: Prank

Secondary Attack: Twitchy Tail (make objects fall)

Applejack-

Special Traits: Bucking (throws enemies away)

Primary Attack: Lasso

Secondary Attack: Hind leg kick

A game where the core six are put into an action game would give the girls strengths like these:

Fluttershy-

Special Traits: Flight, Grace (easily dodges enemies)

Primary Attack: The Stare

Secondary Attack: Bird call (birds attack)

Rainbow Dash-

Special Traits: Flight, Fast

Primary Attack: Rainbow Tornado

Secondary Attack: Sonic Rainboom

Twilight Sparkle-

Primary Attack: Magic Blast

Secondary Attack: "#12" (puts enemies to sleep)

Rarity-

Primary Attack: Whine (resists enemies)

Secondary Attack: Fashion Show (enemies are distracted)

Pinkie Pie-

Special Traits: Laughter (removes small threats)

Primary Attack: Prank

Secondary Attack: Twitchy Tail (make objects fall)

Applejack-

Special Traits: Bucking (throws enemies away)

Primary Attack: Lasso

Secondary Attack: Hind leg kick

Ahaha these are great. Except bucking for Applejack seems kind of the same as hind leg kick....maybe she could kick apples with her back legs for the secondary attack, for something with range?

Hey, another game out from the fandom. Very basic, but from a short bit of playing I've figured out the goal is to get the bar in the right corner filled up. Shooting takes away a bar, while getting a bubble gives a couple bars. At least from playing with Fluttershy.

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/168448-m ... -way-home#