Gaming

Hippo

I think there's like four levels. I beat it on Rainbow Dash in like 20 minutes.

MyLittlePonyFriendshipisMagicTheWayHomeGameWin.jpg?t=1300842513

Annnd, here is another one; help Rainbow Dash break up clouds, be careful not to run right into storm clouds..or Derpy!

I could easily see it happening. Today's kids are growing up with more and more technology. There are multiple American Girl games, after all, but they're all terrible. I just don't think it'd be any good.

There was a computer game released with an exclusive baby pony around 2004 or about a year after the G3 ponies were launched. It was, by all accounts, terrible. I knew people who bought it at full price for $20. I got it for $8 at TJ Maxx about a year later - I never played the game, I only wanted the pony.

Here are three more,

Equestria Daily dubbed, "Collect Cupcakes, Lick Ponies": http://yeaka.deviantart.com/art/MLP-FiM ... -202202384

My Little Platform Game (Eat Apples, Smash Shroomlings): http://inkwell-pony.deviantart.com/#/d3ch2sl

Dancing Pony Gorgeous Flames Insomnia Labrinth: http://www.yoyogames.com/games/169121-d ... rinth-demo (Look out, fullscreen!)

• 2 weeks later...

hi hi

A My Little Pony MMO is going to have a challenging time coming up with gameplay mechanics. They're not going to be able to rely on the standard tropes. Most MMOs involve teaming up, destroying things and taking their stuff. A MLP/MMO is going to have to reverse that: teaming up, creating things and through that creation increasing their wealth/reputation.

There are some other games out there that have gameplay kind of like that, but they're usually more single player events (sim city, sims, dwarf fortress) and the one that I can think of that is multiplayer has lots of problems with griefers who just want to destroy everything you create (minecraft). But there's more to it than that, because all of those kinds of games tend to focus on gathering and hoarding material wealth, where as MLP:FiM doesn't. It emphasizes resource scarcity to a point, but you don't get the same kind of opulent monuments to personal vanity like you would in those kinds of games. You know, that whole "king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" sort of thing.

So what ideas do I have for such a thing: Combat that is focused around either evasion, infiltration and misdirection; (inspirations from: Beyond Good and Evil or Metal Gear Solid style sneaking, Metroid Zero Mission's space pirate ship scene or Pac Man) or herding, taming and intimidating. (inspirations from monster training games like Pokemon or FF7s chocobos; thatgamecompany's Flower or lemmings)

Like in Sims or minecraft, building your town would likely be an important aspect in gameplay, but the emphasis would probably be on the utility of construction, and missions might stem from that utility. For example: building a post office would allow people to send letters, and as a mission, you could pick up and deliver letters to get them to their destination more quickly. However, you'd probably have to have some kind of facebook or instant runoff style system in place for determining who has permissions for making changes as a means of preventing griefers from ruining everything.

Well this cartoon isn't like too many others I have enjoyed in my lifetime. Hopefully, a full-featured game will have the same effect.

Looking back, I could have sworn I've seen MLP gameboy advance or DS game of last gen ponies. So this could be in the range of possibility as far as a non-fanmade game goes. Honestly I'd love the idea, and these ponies seem more video-game character worthy than last gens.

Also after listening to "Art Of The Dress 8-bit" am I the only one who imagined a Rarity-Themed Bejeweled game? That sounds like it would be interesting. Or each character has different colored/themed things to clear off screen.

Rarity: Jewels

Pinkie: Cupcakes or Balloons

Rainbow Dash: Clouds Or Lightning Bolts

Twilight Sparkle: Books or Sparkly Things?

Applejack: Apples clearly XD

Fluttershy: Butterflies

*Just putting an idea out there~!*

Looking back, I could have sworn I've seen MLP gameboy advance or DS game of last gen ponies. So this could be in the range of possibility as far as a non-fanmade game goes. Honestly I'd love the idea, and these ponies seem more video-game character worthy than last gens.

Also after listening to "Art Of The Dress 8-bit" am I the only one who imagined a Rarity-Themed Bejeweled game? That sounds like it would be interesting. Or each character has different colored/themed things to clear off screen.

Rarity: Jewels

Pinkie: Cupcakes or Balloons

Rainbow Dash: Clouds Or Lightning Bolts

Twilight Sparkle: Books or Sparkly Things?

Applejack: Apples clearly XD

Fluttershy: Butterflies

*Just putting an idea out there~!*

Yep, G3 actually had three games released. One for Gameboy Advance/PC, one for Nintendo DS/PC, and one weird looking one just for PC.

Generation 2 (I think) also released one game, strictly for the PC. (A friend had the game. Ya, I played it.)

PICTURE SPAM

I would actually love to play the one for G2

If I remember correctly, I think that one was actually decent. For its time.

From Amazon:

* Dress her up in fun outfits / Brush and style her pretty hair

* Train her to leap over jumps and then take her to horse shows

* Feed her when she is hungry, exercise and care for her when she is ill

* Ponies throw you a party on your birthday

* Go to Pony Town for games and fun activities

I think you like, created a pony, and then walked around as that pony, but then had to train the pony that was kind of you. Eh.

PICTURE SPAM

I would actually love to play the one for G2

If I remember correctly, I think that one was actually decent. For its time.

From Amazon:

* Dress her up in fun outfits / Brush and style her pretty hair

* Train her to leap over jumps and then take her to horse shows

* Feed her when she is hungry, exercise and care for her when she is ill

* Ponies throw you a party on your birthday

* Go to Pony Town for games and fun activities

I think you like, created a pony, and then walked around as that pony, but then had to train the pony that was kind of you. Eh.

still sounded decent