Funky greetings to y'all

Thatfunkybass

About myself.: I currently study law at the university of Geneva (Switzerland).

I'm into politics, philosophy, history, literature and the like and love reading. I do some writing but nothing MLP related.

I'm a beginner in different kinds of martial arts (well 2...) and generally dig all kinds of sports as long as they are not dead competitive (competition is good as long as it stays fun).

What else... well going out, partying etc. is all good... I drink way to much... though less then I used to...

Music! I bucking love music. Blues, Jazz, Funk, Rock, some Rap; I couldn't imagine my life without music. I have been playing the bass for a while now with different bands doing different stuff and I absolutely love it. I am a sucker for slap bass and have been told that I am pretty good (others called me a delirious funky beast and one of my bands gave me the nickname "Slap machine" but I honestly still have much to learn^^) I also started playing guitar since it's really fun and I'm an insane Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan fan so I thought "why not give it a shot"? (Though I don't have an electric guitar yet... just an old western...)

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: google

How did you became a fan of FiM?: Saw it in forums when it was still new and thought "This looks funky!" Watched an episode and couldn't stop.

My one favourite main cast pony?: AppleJack

What is up bronies?

I figure pretty much everything about me has been covered in the "about me" part so yeah...

What got me to join the forum after watching Mlp:fim since basically when episode 3 or 4 aired (IIRC) was that I like chatting with bronies when ever there's a life stream so I thought "hey why not do that more often". I really love the mlp community so why haven't I joined earlier ^^?

But mainly I joined because I have been trying to get into some drawing and have tons of problems. (I'll probably go to the art part of the forum once it allows me to write stuff there (3+ posts thing)). Drawing on paper is going relatively well but everything drawn on the pc, even with the pad I just bought, just looks horrendous. Since I really suck with anything technological and my drawing on the paper is, well, ok (ponies aren't that hard to draw...) I was thinking bout getting some help from some peeps on the forum :)

So yeah that's about it. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeello Canterlot!

(Ps: I also had some ideas for doing mlp related music so all the more reason to join and get some inspiration or help here!)

Edited by Thatfunkybass

Greetings! I'm glad you found our corner of the MLP:FiM fandom and hope you'll stay for a long time. :) RP is the centerpiece of this forum so you will certainly find plenty of active areas for your creative enjoyment if you decide to RP. ;-) Of course there is plenty to do even if you are not into RP at all. The Getting Started section is the best place to start in answering most questions but if you have any still, please ask away. :)

My start was also similar, with the "alright, I will watch a couple episodes just to see what the big deal is" and the next thing I knew is that I was hooked on a show that a week before I could never imagine myself to be. :D

Thanks guys :)

I'm not really that into RP but I'm sure I'll still be able to enjoy the forum and the community :D

The thing I must admit about getting started with MLP: is that when I first saw some pictures of Friendship is magic I thought it looked really cool and was reaaaaaaaaaaally interested but then kinda told my self "Nah you've got better things to do" and "It's a kids show how can it be" After a few days of denial I watched an ep and from then on... well every brony knows how it is ^^ + the first ep I watched was apple buck season, which is still probably one of the greatest and made me laugh like hell even without all the fandom making it even funnier xD

Hello!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the Chat Room & live roleplay.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Welcome to canterlot, i'm sure you'll have a wonderful time I'm sure you'll find everypony to be very nice here and don't hesitate to ask for help with anything! as others may have, or will say there is an irc in the top right. it's the most active i've ever been on and suggest going there.

• 2 weeks later...