Hellow, Pony Friends.

Masqueradia

About myself.: From the Heartland of the USA, I am into writing, sketching, music and plotting out character stories. I'm in school to become a teacher. Been a pony fan since 1989.

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: Searched Google, ironically.

How did you became a fan of FiM?: I was skeptical of what following I'd seenYoutube, but I've been a fan of ponies as long as I've been a girl, just about it.

My one favourite main cast pony?: Fluttershy

^^^ Actually that's a falsity but it won't let me pick more than one, so that will have to do, I'm afraid. Also, no love for Spike... who was always my favorite.

Yes. I've been a pony fan since before I could walk. I used to have horrible allergies to everything. Milk, corn and wheat especially, but also pollen, dogs, cats and just about anything else on four legs. So I would have to go get shots on a daily basis in order to keep them from flaring, because honestly there is no way to avoid all of them. Not only that, but I had tubes in my ears. So you can imagine, being a toddler with nothing you can really eat without problems and unable to spend time outside particularly in wet and humid conditions, I spent a lot of time indoors. Because she felt badly for me, having no children to play with in our isolated home and having literally nothing I could do that wouldn't make me some form of sick, mother would often take me to the store and let me pick out one toy for every shot.

That's how I achieved having so many pony toys that we literally had to build a shed for them. Hold your applause, because they're gone. When we moved, they were left behind. Yes, I'm still a little bitter about it. But I still have the entire DVD collection of the first ever season of MLP. Ah, nostalgia how I love thee.

Well, anyway. Since about 2005, I've been looking up stuff on Youtube to feed my nostalgia because that's what college kids tend to do where I live. Dig up those old things that noooo pony else remembers. It was with great surprise that I found I'd missed an entire season of MLP... then upon actually watching Gen 3 I was glad I'd missed it.

Then I started seeing these new, sleeker, brighter looking ponies and was skeptical. Most of the vids I'd seen on them seemed like blatant trolling, which I cannot abide. But once in a while I'd catch a glimpse of something cool. So I watched the first episode.

It's not everything I loved about the old season I grew up with, but it does have something. I'll give it that. So here I am. Take it or leave it.

Also, yes, I'm looking into becoming an Elementary School Teacher. Call me childish, but there's something about bright little faces that I love. Even the trouble makers, because they're the interesting ones.

Hello!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the Chat Room & live roleplay.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Hello!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the Chat Room & live roleplay.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Pfft....ehehehehAHAHAHA!

I'm sorry! I know that's copied and pasted... but the last line... ehehehehehe...

"How did you became a fan of FiM?: I was skeptical of what following I'd seenYoutube, but I've been a fan of ponies as long as I've been a girl, just about it."

I have to say that's the first time I ever thought I might be mistaken for a boy on a pony site. Ehehehe... Oh wow...

Mistaken for a boy? How so? Because I called you Brony? I actually consider 'Brony' like the word 'dude'. It's masculine, but can be used for girls as well. :)

Really? Huh. You learn something every day! I had been "educated" via Youtube. And well... we know how Youtube is. I assumed Brony was a masculine term reserved for males of the pony fandom. My mistake. At the same time... I don't know how I feel about being referred to as a 'dude' ... Hm...

The reason I remember the G1 days is mostly because of the pilot episode, which was vastly different from the actual episodes, but awesome none the less. I suggest it to those who think that ponies today are so very different from back then. ^_^- The terminology has changed, but the heart of the matter has not.

Well, maybe want to check out the discussion going on over at Bronies? Pegasisters? Mares?. :)

And since you're a G1 fan, some other topics that may be of interest:

The Ticket Master - Taken from the old My Little Pony?

It's time to play...VS G4

High Quality Original MLP Episodes

Pony Parallels

All Generation Tolerance?

Welcome to canterlot, i'm sure you'll have a wonderful time I'm sure you'll find everypony to be very nice here and don't hesitate to ask for help with anything! as others may have, or will say there is an irc in the top right. it's the most active i've ever been on and suggest going there.

COPYPASTA AHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

Oh, cool cool. I considered going into the teaching field when I graduated HS. What grade level are you planning on teaching? I know you said elementary, but there are usually seperate teachers for each grade level K-6...especially K. XD

Are you going to be on the RP boards? if so, I look forward to Rping with you! If not, still, Welcome to the herd! <3

Oh, cool cool. I considered going into the teaching field when I graduated HS. What grade level are you planning on teaching? I know you said elementary, but there are usually seperate teachers for each grade level K-6...especially K. XD

Are you going to be on the RP boards? if so, I look forward to Rping with you! If not, still, Welcome to the herd! <3

I particularly like grades 3 through 5. Old enough to read, young enough to believe in magic. ^_^- I do plan to join the rp boards, but I'm reading in a lot of the forums first to get an idea of the overall personality of the board.

^_^- I look forward to seeing you there.

• 2 weeks later...