Hasbro Cracking down on FiM Youtube Episodes?

Thoth

I've recently been trying to convert my best friend into a Brony. Because of this, I've been sending him episodes over Facebook from their Youtube links.

However, recently I noticed something odd.

After sending him 3 different links for FiM episodes, I've noticed all 3 were removed by "HASBRO".

Apparently, according to one of my online Brony friends, tons of episodes have been taken down recently, all by "HASBRO".

Why am I putting "HASBRO" is parentheses? Well, I believe that this is a troll, or rather a report-abuser taking advantage of the God-awful report system on Youtube. After all, wasn't Hasbro completely behind us supporting the show in this sort of fashion?

I fear, by the end of this year, there may no longer be great-quality episodes of FiM on Youtube. I already can't find every episode of the show on FiM, and last week they were all available...

I don't know what's going on, but I can bet it's not going to turn out well...

Why am I putting "HASBRO" is parentheses? Well, I believe that this is a troll, or rather a report-abuser taking advantage of the God-awful report system on Youtube. After all, wasn't Hasbro completely behind us supporting the show in this sort of fashion?

From official MLP facebook:

post-374-0-95982200-1323543915_thumb.png

To me, that really seems like the kind of message Hasbro is obligated to give when asked about this. They hold the copyright after all. Even if they aren't the ones removing the videos, they can't just say they aren't and they do have to encourage fans to watch it in legal ways.

I suppose it could still be them, but that message alone isn't enough to convince me that it is.

"HASBRO" wouldn't cut it. That isn't them. If it were, it would say something along the lines of "Hasbro INC - USA" or something along those lines. Because Hasbro isn't international, it's separated by country.

Tehy can't just tell them not to, because it isn't legal for us to post them. I've got all fo season 2 in 1080p so far, so if anyone needs episodes, I can upload them or put them in a RAR file for download.

There's also Pony Archive (http://ponyarchive.org) which so far lists multiple sources for streams.

I'm suspicious it's a troll too, since Hasbro doesn't care about the "R-rated" videos people are making using FiM clips.

Keep in mind, Hasbro is a TOY company, the series is just a promotion for them, if they never sold a single DVD they wouldn't care (relatively speaking) all their profits come from merchandising. Now if a company was selling MLP toys in mass at lower cost, yeah, I'd think Hasbro might try to shut them down, but it's TO THEIR BENEFIT to let the episodes appear on youtube (I'm honestly surprised there isn't an official channel with all of them on it like Funimation has)

If you've read anything except the title of this thread, you would know that you don't need the HUB to watch all of the episodes. I actually prefer them on my PC. Because I can watch them whenever I want.

This.

I dont even have cable (heck where I live I dont even have free broadcast!) Lots of places listed and tons more not listed.