Those times when you control your Brony-ism

ThunderFlash

So, I'm watching Happy Days for a reason that I myself can't explain, and this commercial comes on about some sort of "name VS name" sort of deal, and I notice it's the HUB doing this. The first problem is that I was like "Holy crap, we have the HUB?" out loud, and my mom asked why it mattered. After barely playing that off, the commercial is all like, "OPTIMUS PRIME VERSUS PINKIE PIE, WHO WILL WIIIIN?" all dramaticly.

At this point (I was already excited that we have HUB), I lost it, and stood up, pointing at the TV and going, "Pinkie Pie, c'mon!!"

My mom looked at me like I was crazy, and I had to think fast. "Eeh...I-If it was cute contest, y'know. C'mon, it's adorable!"

I hope she bought it.

:mad:

I just don't control it. I'm proud to be a Brony, and I don't care of people find out.

Last quarter, I was in the Student Lounge at my school watching it on my laptop. Someone walks over and comments on it, claiming there's something wrong with it (because it's a Mac), then notices I'm watching it. Then asks what episode. Then sits down to watch with me. Then others watch with me. It was a good day.

• Like 1

I keep it well under control. I would get no end of flak for it from all angles, and online I don't mention it out of courtesy.

However, the other day I let someone use my netbook for the Internet and came back to find "Sunshine and Celery Stalks" playing, and found out they'd played ArtAttack's remix of "Becoming Popular", too--and this in front of the rest of my squad.

._.

I don't go out of my way to show any bronie-like activity in public at all. I talk about it openly with friends who are also fans of course. Among friends who dislike the show, or think its weird that I am part of the fandom, I don't bring it up (although they often do), however I don't hide the fact I am a fan either, as in they come over, they will see the pony stuff scattered around the place. Family and co-workers I don't bring it up with at all; they would have no interest and why deal with unnecessary grief?