Funk Doc [Final]

Apolline Allura

Name: Funk Doc

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Dark Red

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Braided jet black mane with numerous extentions (think Rick James), and a short, straight jet black tail.

Eye Color: Brown (usually covered by an omnipresent pair of silver sunglasses)

Cutie Mark: Disco ball with a stethascope hooked up to it.

Physique: Tall, lanky.

Origin: Ponyville

Roleplay Type: Fim/Show Roleplay

Motivation: Bringing the funk to Ponyville, whenever, however. Runs a disco in Ponyville, performs live on occasions. Wants to play for Canterlot and Princess Celestia one day.

Likes: The FUNK, family, friends, making music to make ponies get down and apples, battling other MC's.

Dislikes: Bad tunes, wack un-funkdafied music, ponies who talk horseapples but can't walk the walk.

Character Summary: Born in his family's old estate in Ponyville, Funk Doc was raised by his Uncle Quilly, a conissieur of music, and a lover of FUNK. As Doc grew up listening to his Uncle's old records, he grew an appreciation for the sound himself. And as an older colt, began to speak over the funky beats in rhymes, eventually coming into his own full-blown style of rapping. Doc had found his talent early, but because he wasn't the most well behaved foal (pranks and such do have an adverse reaction to one's maturity) he didn't earn his cutie mark until he was fourteen. In a battle at what was formerly known as the "P0N-3 Discotek" his opponent managed to skewer him with some rather biting barbs about his Uncle, and how he wasn't raised by his mother and father. Because of his hothead (a bad combination with his mischevious side) was tempted to get even worse than his opponent. Instead, his rap went down in history as "Make Bits, Not War". He went from deflecting his rival's taunts to getting the whole crowd behind him, his rival's respect and showing what the healing powers (metaphorically speaking) of what a funky sound could do.

Funk Doc became a hometown hero overnight, wowing audiences and guests alike with his music and performances, which were so high energy, that the crowd was as tired as he was when they were over. Though his heart was always in his home and the humility he had amassed in it, he knew he wanted to get out and go the biggest he could: Canterlot. There, he wanted to perfom for all of Equestria and Princess Celestia. He knew that he had to get known first, so when the Discotek was on the market, he put all of his bits on the line that he earned from performing to buy it. After renovating the place, and one hellfire of a grand opening, Doc renamed his newly aquired premise "P-Funk", after the hook from his debut single "Da Funk". He's hosted many parties, but he plans to host his biggest one this year in order to get attention from Canterlot so that he may be asked to perform in the Grand Galloping Gala this year.

A stallion known to get a party "wild for the night", Doc is known for his onstage antics as much as his music, and wears the outfits to back it up.

When NOT funking things up, Doc takes up odd jobs around town, being that he has enough weight and wit to handle most anything. He has a sense of duty to Ponyville, and repping his hometown means more to him than just shouting it out on a track. His work ethic, while far from impeccable, is strong enough to ensure that he can be trusted with any task given to him.

Greetings,

Looks like we have a good basic applications here. I wonder though, I would like to hear more about the pony beyond the music. Does he have any hobbies? More about his life outside of clubs, information of that nature.

Also we avoid number ages because we don't really know how rapidly ponies grow up or age, so we use terms like foal, filly/colt and stallion/mare. Instead of 33, I would go with "middle age stallion" or "young adult stallion" and for that time he received his cutie mark, I would go with something along the line of "a few years into his colthood" rather than the age of 14.

Other than that I think this is a rather solid application. :)

It may have been half-done, but I threw in a small chunk to comply with the requested info.

Actually the number ages are still int he summary. Instead of "ten" go with something like "foal" or "older foal" or even "Schoolage foal", and instead of fourteen, go with "colt" or "young colt"