Music!

Music for me isn't about a favorite artist or genre, it's simply about what sounds good. Some of my absolutely favorite pieces of music have come from relatively unknown artists, most recently from The Arka Teks and Eppic. My iPod has over 500 different artists on it, all of which I guess could be considered my favorite in one way or another.

:P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EoLPinkie

Itada Hikaru

Green Day

Foo Fighters

Evanescence

Breaking Benjamin

Linkin Park

We the Kings

Dethklok

Iron Maiden

Tenacious D

AWOLNATION

Cage the Elephant

Cascada

Daft Punk

Armin van Buuren

DJ Tiesto

A.F.I.

Bullet for My Valentine

All That Remains

Anberlin

Lady Antebellum

A7X

The Ataris

Bon Jovi

Basshunter

Coldplay

The Killers

Yngwie Malmsteen

Gorillaz

Guns N' Roses

In This Moment

Meat Loaf

Muse

My Chemical Romance

Paramore

Rise Against

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Daniel Ingram

And so many more! :D

Guided by Voices, The Who, The Revolutionary Hydra, John Vanderslice, Queen, Thin Lizzy, T-Rex, Quintron and Miss Pussycat, Bruce Springsteen, Royal Trux (and all related bands therein), Silver Jews, Def Leppard, Beat Happening, Built to Spill, ¡All-Time Quarterback!, Silver Apples, The Sweet, Harry Nilsson, The Microphones, Shudder to Think, The Frogs, Galaxie 500, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr., Neutral Milk Hotel, Rush, Alice Cooper, Archers of Loaf, Van FREAKING Halen, Bruce Haack, Neon Hunk, Men's Recovery Project, The Modern Lovers (+ Solo Jojo) The J. Giles Band, Black Mountain, Rainbow, The Fiery Furnaces, David Bowie, Wreckless Eric, Pink Floyd before Syd Barrett went insane, Euclid, Blue Cheer, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Cheap Trick, Pavement, Jethro Tull and a bunch of songs by a bunch of artists smattered over the past 50 years that I dearly love.

I listen to a lot of 60's garage and 90's indie rock, with some noise thrown in there for good measure. Clearly.

I almost never drag around my ipod or CDs because I am endlessly amused with classic rock stations. Unless they play the Eagles or the Doors Or Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Favorite artists? Yes.

Alestorm

Skilltron

Earth Wind and Fire

Avenged Sevenfold

Metallica

Van Halen

Rush

Koji Kondo

Yasunori Mitsuda

Those are all the ones off the top of my head that I enjoy, on top of "anything that sounds good." I'm not picky about genre, as long as I enjoy the music. And it actually sounds like music.

*takes deep breath*

Bon Jovi

Creed

Green Day

Foxboro Hottubs

Reel Big Fish

Mustard Plug

Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Dropkick Murpheys

Linkin Park

Metallica

Micheal Buble

Owl City

Fastball

Save Ferris

Rolling Stones

Billy Joel

*exhale*

I'm discovering lots of good stuff when I'm 70 miles north and they're actually playing Rock and Alternative on the radio. I found AWOLNATION, Rise Against and the like there. In the Westchester area, it's just top 40 nonsense. I do NOT want to listen to Adele all day.

I almost never drag around my ipod or CDs because I am endlessly amused with classic rock stations. Unless they play the Eagles or the Doors Or Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Desperado is one of the most beautiful songs ever written and I will find you and paint on your walls "Desperado is one of the most beautiful songs ever written".

my favorite artists hmm...

1 ) Bowling for soup

2 ) Reel big fish

3 ) New riot

4 ) Lordi

5 ) Whole wheat bread

6 ) Alestorm

7 ) Jorn

8 ) Suburban legends

9 ) Queen

10 ) lynyrd skynyrd

most of you wont of even heard of half of those bands and some of them are just quite famous

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually a huge fan of Opera. Pavarotti, Montserrat Caballe, etc. Even a lot of the newer Classical-Crossover stuff, like Katherine Jenkins, Josh Groban, and Hayley Westenra (who has one of the most beautiful singing voices ever.) As far as my favorite band, I'd probably have to say Radiohead.

Let's see, I also love:

Enya, Bjork, Florence + the Machine, Arcade Fire, Queen, Flogging Molly, and many, many others.

I've never really been much of a fan of Country Music, but I've always sort of had a special place in my heart for Bluegrass.

Not to mention, I've recently taken a bit of an interest in Barbershop music, after Flim and Flam's epic performance.

Most of my favorite music artists comes from metal, some OST orchestra tracks, and recently thanks to DJ Alex S., dubstep and other electronic music:

All That Remains, Amon Amarth, Angra, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, DevilDriver, Heaven Shall Burn, In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, Rise Against, Soilwork, Sonic Syndicate, Sylosis, Times of Grace, Trivium

Wolfgang Gartner, Flux Pavilion, Dubba Jonny, Nero, Datsik, Deadmau5, Bass Nectar

And the soundtracks of Halo and Ace Combat series.

Those aren't the only artists I like, not even close, and The Living Tombstone is my favorite brony musician.