Guy's I need some help.

PrivateSkittle4

Honestly, if he said no already, best thing is to not cram it down his throat, you know? Friendship can become dicey if that happens, so best thing is to just leave it. Maybe curiosity will get the better of him, maybe not, but one thing you need to remember is that ponies aren't for everyone.

The best way is not ot force it on him. If he says no, and he is persistent, maybe he just doesn't want to like it, or he just doesn't? DOn't force this show on people, it always ends up going bad if you do.

Try to show him some PMVs, and other fanmade creations too, if he's willing. Otherwise, maybe he just doesn't want to watch the show? I know it is hard to believe, but there ARE people who don't like this show.

Ah! Well then yeah, like Dashie said, show him some videos. Or, like I did, be stealthy about it.

While your friend is playing a game or something (mine was playing Skyrim) and he does something awesome (like kill his first dragon) play fluttershy's 'Yay!' or 'Way to go!'. My friend was all smiles and like 'what was that?' and after I showed him, he fell in love with Fluttershy. After that, the conversion was easy.

Best way to infect a non-pony is to show them a few episodes. Don't use the pilot -- aim for some of the funnier episodes. I personally like showing off Applebuck Season and Party of One, though now that Season 2 is out, Lesson Zero and May the Best Pet Win would also make really good bronification material to me, personally.

Also

of some of the music might be a good vector, there's a ton of talent out there and pony music is a lot of fun to listen to, it might get your friend interested in seeing a few episodes. Once that happens, there's no escape!

Above everything else, don't treat it like a hidden addiction. Be positive about what you enjoy yourself and they might throw their reservations or fears away too.

Lesson Zero is a double-edged sword (though it's my favorite) because it shows twilight come COMPLETELY UNHINGED which she otherwise never does (not fully that is), same goes for Party of One with Pinkie.

What got my father to watch the show (casually - he's no Brony but he admits to liking it and would watch if it he were channel-surfing and saw it) is "Winter Wrap Up" it has a great musical number and enough stealth jokes that a lot of people find it really good without being too over the top.

I do agree, dont show anyone either season-premier because they're nothing like the series (well 101 kinda is, but 102/201/202 are not)

EDIT:

He wanted to point out that his favorites were actually "Dragonshy" and "The Stare Master" (Fluttershy is his favorite pony)

While your friend is playing a game or something (mine was playing Skyrim) and he does something awesome (like kill his first dragon) play fluttershy's 'Yay!' or 'Way to go!'. My friend was all smiles and like 'what was that?' and after I showed him, he fell in love with Fluttershy. After that, the conversion was easy.

That... actually seems like a really good idea. But i would never do it, I'm too much of a scootaloo...

I feel like repeating that which has already been said: Don't force him into it, if he is interested he will investigate.

You can show your non brony friend a parody first, like APPLE.MOV or that one video where Celestia asks them if they like banana's or w/e that one is. He may think it's funny, and he may be more willing to check out the show.

I showed him DRESS.MOV and APPLE.MOV he enjoyed both. He's also a huge Stephen Colbert fan. Considering Colbert is a brony himself, I'm sure my bud will be one with in a week or so.

I showed him DRESS.MOV and APPLE.MOV he enjoyed both. He's also a huge Stephen Colbert fan. Considering Colbert is a brony himself, I'm sure my bud will be one with in a week or so.

That's not soon enough. I'd give it until noon tomorrow. Mention a new episode, and have him watch it. (Family Appreciation day this Saturday at 9:00 AM eastern.)

I converted a friend lately. ...we should have a thread for successful conversions, but anyway. It was completely by accident!

When I get home from work, I have a pattern. I kick off my shoes, coat off, blah blah blah. But computer on first. I settle in. Browse my webcomics. Check facebook. Check e-mail. Then hit MyLittleBrony. Now, this is the case even when I'm being driven home by a pal. Sometimes, they stay in to talk, despite my routine. So there's Charlie. His name is Charlie. Sitting behind me, watching me get my Rolfs for the day. He's asking me to explain the jokes! What "20% Cooler" means and who "Derpy Hooves" is! Finally, after I'm done through all the new content in the voting page, he asks for episode 1.

Wow. Holy $#!%. Didn't see that coming! So it's on. And I'm sitting on my hands. Literally. Last time I tried to show a coworker an episode, I shut it off during the opening after embarrassment. But anyway. Meet the Mane Six. Meet the Dark Lord Nightmare Moon. Cliffhanger. Episode 2. He had nothing bad to say. Except "Fine. I liked it. But I am NOT a Brony!"

That was... at around September? I think? I don't remember. But he's a Brony now. He apologized to my wife for it.

Alright here's what I did. Combine something you and him both love (me and my friends love the Wu Tang Clan) and ponies (there is bound to be a video out there) then show it to them. My friends wouldn't even look at this stuff before. But now they sort of like it! And some even started watching episodes

For some odd reason my daughter likes the abridged 'Friendship is Witchcraft' more than the actual show - I watched some of it and I liked the Sweetibelle robot idea a lot but I don't think it's better. They also changed the 'celestia as my witness' which I didn't like - so I can't even convert her into fandom despite my best efforts.

It's allright if someone doesn't love the show as much as I do.