Secret Brony Code

Bramble Rose

So, we're all MLP fans here, we're unashamed of our love... but how do you tentatively probe RL to see if there's any kindred spirits out there?

For instance, at work the other day, someone brought in cupcakes. I took one of them, enjoyed them, thanked them for the cupcakes, and then said, "Could use some hot sauce." Just passed it off as a joke when they didn't catch the reference.

And, of course, "20% cooler" is a sure-fire code-word.

I don't say them because I know no one will get them anyway.

I'd rather save my breath.

That's the reason why I do it. Rare chance they'll ever get it. But if they do, they a randomly understood brony code FTW!!!

So, we're all MLP fans here, we're unashamed of our love... but how do you tentatively probe RL to see if there's any kindred spirits out there?

For instance, at work the other day, someone brought in cupcakes. I took one of them, enjoyed them, thanked them for the cupcakes, and then said, "Could use some hot sauce." Just passed it off as a joke when they didn't catch the reference.

And, of course, "20% cooler" is a sure-fire code-word.

A lot of it I have done through places like FA, because I can toss up an icon and people will respond accordingly. Discovered several friends who were active fans of the series.

20% cooler works well for real life situations, because people who don't watch the show will chuckle just because it sounds funny while bronies will instantly understand (and hopefully respond accordingly).